Login

russian armor

InverseTV - StratTalk and More!

19 Apr 2013, 18:11 PM

Nice little video, is there a specific reason why you didn't invest into any MG34 LMGs or G43s for the Panzergrenediers?

Is it simply to keep a reasonable amount of munitions for fausts and mines if armors starts hitting the field without proper AT?
19 Apr 2013, 18:13 PM
Coder Red Badge

I don't really like them that much. They both require your Grenadiers to be standing still in order to actually shoot, and I'd rather be as mobile as possible. I do get G43s later in the game though.
19 Apr 2013, 18:31 PM

I see, G43s can actually be fired on the move. That reminds me to add that to the weapon stats since currently there is no way of telling if a weapon can be fired on the move.
19 Apr 2013, 18:32 PM
Coder Red Badge

I'll have to look again, I remember reading somewhere that they couldn't. Regardless, it's generally something that I just don't think of getting until later in the game when I have the munitions to spend on them.
19 Apr 2013, 20:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

There's another unit where this lack of firing on the move is even more crucial, Guards. After upgrading them 4 out of 6 guys can't shoot while moving, which means your squad basically does no damage if you don't stop it.
19 Apr 2013, 22:09 PM

@Inverse you are right, they can't fire on the move!

I take that back it can't... there are 3 things all pointing to firing on the move in the damn weapons file, pretty confusing.
20 Apr 2013, 11:49 AM

How do you get G43's for your Grens?
20 Apr 2013, 13:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Jaeger Infantry Doctrine
23 Apr 2013, 15:02 PM
Coder Red Badge

Third StratTalk video is up! I try to work out a standard build for Ostheer, and explain how a build can evolve over games.
23 Apr 2013, 15:48 PM

i dont believe in my ears , uncrushable wire by vehicles , wirecutters an upgrade again and it was by design not by mistake ...
23 Apr 2013, 23:45 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2013, 15:48 PMkafrion
i dont believe in my ears , uncrushable wire by vehicles , wirecutters an upgrade again and it was by design not by mistake ...

Just attack ground or mortar it, it goes down fairly quickly. You can also use a troop transporter or just spend the 30 munitions for the wire cutter. There are many ways to get around it (little play on words ;) )
29 Apr 2013, 18:54 PM

Thats some really nice work!

The amount of strategic thinking put into a game that isn't even on the shelves is bit daunting for noobs like me though. :jk:
30 Apr 2013, 09:50 AM

Awesome thread Inverse. Tho try to minimeze or stop box selecting. It is so annoying, and when watching a replay and commentating it, its unnecessary and simply annoying. Id understand if u APM spam during game play.

Its one of those things, when u first notice it, it will get in your nerves. Especially if there is only one vehicle in the middle of the screen, early game, nothing much happening, and you box select it with HUGE boxes, 3-4 times in a row. Hopefully u understand, if not, ill just watch someone else. :)
30 Apr 2013, 14:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

APM spam when nothing is going on keeps people at a constant level of APM so that when it comes time to ramp up they don't feel weird about it. Being annoyed by APM spam makes much less sense than APM spam itself does. He's just drawing boxes, get over it.
30 Apr 2013, 15:02 PM

He would be driven insane if he watch StarCraft, if he really can't deal with Inverse APM spam
30 Apr 2013, 16:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

APM spam when nothing is going on keeps people at a constant level of APM so that when it comes time to ramp up they don't feel weird about it. Being annoyed by APM spam makes much less sense than APM spam itself does. He's just drawing boxes, get over it.

i think hes referring to inverse's famous jamming the hq and barracks hotkeys at the begining of the game. it can be quite nausiating.
30 Apr 2013, 23:22 PM

You seem to have the answers to everything, and you have an attitude with all your posts. Re-read the post, he is casting. You don't need high APM to cast. You'd think that was obvious, tho if you thought before posting useless comments ud save us the wasted time.
1 May 2013, 03:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2013, 23:22 PMItsBill

You seem to have the answers to everything, and you have an attitude with all your posts. Re-read the post, he is casting. You don't need high APM to cast. You'd think that was obvious, tho if you thought before posting useless comments ud save us the wasted time.

Inverse does it while he is streaming and while he is playing so it's just a habit that he brings over to when he is casting. It's really not as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Find it annoying? It's a video, switch to Facebook for the first 10 seconds...
4 Jul 2013, 21:21 PM
Coder Red Badge

First post-release StratTalk episode is live!! I outline my preferred Ostheer build, and go over some of its strengths and weaknesses.
4 Jul 2013, 21:23 PM
Admin Black Badge

I will submit that as you to the trending :) .. hope you are cool with it :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 85

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %