Login

russian armor

Just Thinking: Additional Teching Ideas

30 Sep 2014, 17:22 PM

There's quite a few threads passing around teching ideas and I thought I'd contribute as well.
The proposal of being able to build more units at the HeadQuarters was particularly interesting to me and I've come to the thought of being able to rework on the functions of buildings.

Teching in Company of Heroes 2 is mostly just to unlock new units, while there is few that actually improve the ability of squads like we used to have in COH1

I know that veterancy and weapon upgrade is enough to make a good squad, but I'm rather dissapointed to see other techs that exist in several strategy games don't exist here. Remember Panzer Elite that could increase squad size? Better repair speed? US troops starting with bars instead of having them pick it up (not that this particular upgrade method is wrong)?

My idea is strictly for Ostheer and Soviet teching, Soviets especially since they have a rather frustrating teching method. Here we go:

All units should be called in at the HQ, it is the only place to call units, making use of its empty UI spaces instead. New buildings should instead unlock units in the HQ and have its UI occupied with small upgrades that would give troops in edge in combat.

For Soviets, the infantry company unlocks snipers, so it would make sense if there was a accuracy training upgrade for Conscripts and Combat Engineers. The support company includes maxims and zis guns, so upgrades could include faster packing, better horizontal traverse, better sight range, weapon crew squad size increase upgrades so we can actually nerf the current weapon crew that a lot of folks argue about The tier 3 and 4 buildings could include giving Conscript repair upgrade, tanks could get slight sight or reloading speed, better acceleration, etc.

This could work the same for Ostheer as well. The Tier 1 could have infantry based upgrade, Tier 2 could be support based upgrades, Tier 3 and 4 could be vehicle based upgrades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think? Don't you think this could be a cool idea?
I mean Company of Heroes 2 might not have this but what of COH3 (lol)?
30 Sep 2014, 17:27 PM

Sounds interesting actually. I kinda like this version better. At least soviets won't have trouble with late game if there are upgrades for them that is worth mentioning other than molotov and hospital and AT grenade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★