Login

russian armor

Reduce cost of BARS and Bazookas?

29 Sep 2014, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 12:29 PMCruzz

Well weapon racks are a feature of the US forces which allow to equip any squad with Bazookas, I don't really see what's so problematic about, you gonna retreat squads from time to time so you will have eventually the option to equip them with weapons.
Schrecks are better, but can be only upgraded to volks or panzergrens.
If you think a King Tiger should be easily taken out by a bazooka blob than I'm glad that I don't share the vision of your game, where infantry blobs can take out any super unit.
IS2 & Tiger 1 have equal times, so again I don't see the problem here.

If you buff bazookas to panzerschreck level I guarantee you will see every squad equpped with a m1919 + bazooka. Armour is not needed anymore and your enemy won't produce it anymore. Welcome to a boring new meta.
Relic changed the ability for panzergrens to have only one Panzerschreck for a reason, people were just blobbing panzergrens and annihilating infantry and tanks likewise.
Since you can equip every squad with bazookas, the same will happen.
29 Sep 2014, 13:54 PM

BARs need a cost decrease (40-45 ammo) and should be OK from there. The upgrade is decent, it's just overpriced for what it gives you.

Zookas, however, need their nerfs from last patch gone at least, if not additional buffs on top of that, as well as a slight price reduction. They were already barely seen before the nerfs, after them I literally saw 0 US players buy them other than on captains or M20 crews. It's completely not worth it to fork over fuel and ammo for an AT weapon that's too inaccurate to hit any light vehicle at more than point blank range and has too low penetration to be a threat to anything bigger than a Ostwind.
29 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

I don't think a cost reduction to 50 amo would hurt, but not more.
Anyway, what's realy expensive is the amo cost for paras weapon upgrades. I mean, imagine the difference. Why in the world wouldn't you go with your paras to the weapon rack and give them a bar or a bazooka instea of those expensive upgrades?!
29 Sep 2014, 14:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

the paratrooper upgrades are waaaay cheaper than the base upgrades for how they perform. How many BARs it would take to match the DPS of thompsons on paras at close range? I think more than 90 munis worth!
29 Sep 2014, 14:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 13:34 PMHitman5

Despite what you may believe, the % of people who go and complain about on forums is very small compared to the amount of people that buy and play the game.

Yes and I firmly believe that number would be representing the German fanbase more than the Allies. If anything, the new campaign will just add fuel to the hipster fire for the hordes of Steam name "Rommel"s, "Guderian"s, "2nd SS Panzer Division"s, "12th PanzerGrenadier Regiment"s, etc. that populate CoH2's player base, and give them reason to hold on to their allegiance under the impression that they are being unique and stylish in contrast to the believed to be mainstream Allies.

It's basically reverse hipster psychology, thinking you're doing the less popular thing but unwittingly being part of a much larger majority percentage.

Back on topic, I voted yes because I think a price reduction to like 40ish for the BAR and maybe 50 for the Bazooka would be appropriate. I remember the river of tears that flowed when BAR blobs were a problem, and I agree that's poor meta. But a cost decrease would increase their appeal for an extra 22% DPS (or whatever it is that 2 BARs give now) while making them not effective to put all your anti-inf cards on. Bazooka is another story, and could do with some stats changes to make it more effective, but it keeps pretty high utility with being able to snipe models and destroy cover, while also synergizing with Riflemem AT grenades to make them able to hit rear armor more easily.
29 Sep 2014, 14:09 PM

If you think a King Tiger should be easily taken out by a bazooka blob than I'm glad that I don't share the vision of your game, where infantry blobs can take out any super unit.
IS2 & Tiger 1 have equal times, so again I don't see the problem here.

Yes, I'd love this to be a game where having anti-tank infantry in the rear of your tanks actually meant something instead of the current situation where the turret will leisurely turn around and kill off all the pesky little insects while you barely take any damage.

You apparently look at the IS2 vs Tiger numbers and think this means zooka is super great. I look at it and think "I had to buy research for this, pay more munitions for it, lose far more anti-infantry DPS for it (unless you are buying extra rear echelons and putting zookas on those, about the only squad in the game they're reasonable on), lose my chances of picking up new weapons, wasted time picking it up at base, fought a unit with weaker armor, in the most favorable conditions for the zooka you can think of, and STILL KILLED SLOWER THAN SCHREKS.

If you buff bazookas to panzerschreck level I guarantee you will see every squad equpped with a m1919 + bazooka. Armour is not needed anymore and your enemy won't produce it anymore. Welcome to a boring new meta.
Relic changed the ability for panzergrens to have only one Panzerschreck for a reason, people were just blobbing panzergrens and annihilating infantry and tanks likewise.
Since you can equip every squad with bazookas, the same will happen.

Good thing riflemen are about as scary as rear echelons in the endgame.
29 Sep 2014, 14:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Pointless to buy bars or bazookas no matter what their price is if performance doesn't change. I would not buy these weapons for 20 munis. Better to pray for steal axis weaponry, because it is the only useful stuff you will get. Every axis team weapon better, and every inf handheld weapon better.
29 Sep 2014, 14:24 PM

Well tbh I'm not so disappointed by their performances, if bazookas are not panzerschrecks, I count bars as good infantry weapons, the difference between a bar equiped and a non equiped squad are quite obvious. From this point of view I would exchange lmg grenadiers on bar equiped rifles any day.
29 Sep 2014, 14:46 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 14:24 PMJohnnyB
I would exchange lmg grenadiers on bar equiped rifles any day.

:rofl:
29 Sep 2014, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 13:55 PMJohnnyB
I don't think a cost reduction to 50 amo would hurt, but not more.
Anyway, what's realy expensive is the amo cost for paras weapon upgrades. I mean, imagine the difference. Why in the world wouldn't you go with your paras to the weapon rack and give them a bar or a bazooka instea of those expensive upgrades?!

Dude are you even serious? What game do you play where you'd rather have bars and bazookas on your paras instead of thompsons and 1919s. The nerve of your trolling is just unreal.

Well tbh I'm not so disappointed by their performances, if bazookas are not panzerschrecks, I count bars as good infantry weapons, the difference between a bar equiped and a non equiped squad are quite obvious. From this point of view I would exchange lmg grenadiers on bar equiped rifles any day.

I don't even...
29 Sep 2014, 15:17 PM

From this point of view I would exchange lmg grenadiers on bar equiped rifles any day.

This quote really sums up a problem with your posting, and I mean no disrespect, but I have to wonder whether you actually know anything about this game, what so ever.
29 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

Like, seriously? You must be joking. You'd exchange the best upgrade in the game, an absolute no brainer that every single Ostheer player gets as soon as possible, for a marginal DPS upgrade that costs fuel to unlock?

Like others have said, at this point I wonder if you're even playing the game at all. Your posts quite simply do not reflect reality.
29 Sep 2014, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 12:29 PMCruzz

Trivia question: how long does it take for 4 zookas to kill a KT while sitting immediately behind it, assuming they are not getting shot?

Trivia question two: how long does it take 3 shreks to kill an IS2 from the rear?

So, I don't know about you, but this seems about right to me. 3 shreks for OKW costs 270 muni, 4 zooks cost 240 and they perform just about the same against comparable targets. I.e. IS2 vs normal Tiger.

Not entirely applicable to Ostheer, who get 4 shreks for 240 muni, but the trade off is that you have to dedicate 2 pgren squads to AT, which is a pretty huge sacrifice.
Vaz
29 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM

shreks are still blowing up infantry too
29 Sep 2014, 16:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 15:49 PMVaz
shreks are still blowing up infantry too

I couldn't tell you how many fights I've had turned by ShreckVolks who get lucky hits on my units and pop like 2 or 3 models a piece before the first Kar98 is even fired.
29 Sep 2014, 16:11 PM

They need to be just little bit cheaper. So cca. 3 shreks would cost as 5 zooks, + -
So around 55 per zook. Not huge diffrence, still i think fair tradeoff to have two more zook for same price with shreks. That would be interesting, no idea on BAR's tho.
29 Sep 2014, 16:43 PM

Permanently Banned
They need to be just little bit cheaper. So cca. 3 shreks would cost as 5 zooks, + -
So around 55 per zook. Not huge diffrence, still i think fair tradeoff to have two more zook for same price with shreks. That would be interesting, no idea on BAR's tho.

55 is still too much

id say 45
29 Sep 2014, 17:24 PM

Making them cheaper doesn't do solve anything. Your 4 rifle squads all equipped with 2 BARs each still won't do jack crap. A cheaper BAR just means it's easier to replace if you're losing squads over and over.

They need to be buffed to perform at least with the FG42. They also need to let Riflesquads have an option to upgrade to BARs after unlocking it like every single other squad in this game. It's stupid that you have to waste your time going back to base to get upgrades when NO OTHER FACTION in this game has to do that. I mean, you get fucking grenades when you upgrade grenades and they're 500% more effective than those stupid BARs. No need to run all the way back to base to grab some god damn grenades and ruin your entire flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★