Login

russian armor

Ability to choose RT partner faction

23 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

Basically USF are terrible. As a soviet player, if I get a USF player I either carry super hard, or play a very bad losing game. This is not fun, at all, which makes me think we should be able to choose the faction of our RT partner. I don't think it would be a hard feature to implement, and aside from me hating players with USF, it would be nice to make sure you end up with the faction that compliments your strategy/play style.
23 Sep 2014, 21:11 PM

Permanently Banned
I remember playing a 4v4 with RT once as USF, just for the hell of it. And upon entering the match, my russian teammate said something along the lines of "thanks to relic, I don't play with USF" and just dropped from the game.

It was probably you.
23 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM

LOL. Oh man I wish it was, but i'm stubborn so I always try playing it out... never goes well.
23 Sep 2014, 21:15 PM

USF isn't a "push" faction late game, but they can be great supporting, use your IS-2 too screen for their Jacksons and watch Axis tanks explode. One of the biggest problems for any random teammate game is lack of communication, do you ever actually chat with your teammates? Or is spamming attack here button the extent of your teamwork?
23 Sep 2014, 21:35 PM

Dude, USF is bad. This is not a L2P issue, this is me not wanting to have to babysit my ally.
23 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM

USF aren't bad as support for a soviet player with ISU. If they pick Infantry for Priests or Airborne for P47s, and use their tanks EXTREMELY defensively because they can't push shit. But arguably soviets are just far better suited for teamgames.

With P47, USF is arguably stronger than soviets are at anti-tank. But their anti-infantry in a teamgame setting is severely lacking, so they really need a soviet player to cover that side with snipers and/or ISUs.
23 Sep 2014, 21:56 PM

Alright, ill play along, let's say you have a good USF support. It happens, sometimes I get an excellent USF player in RT. Hell, when I first met my AT partner, that's what he was playing.

Now take that player, and put him on soviets.

Suddenly, you don't need a designated "support" player, rather you have two players fighting side by side in combat and have a much better game experience.

Regardless as to you wanting a designated support or not, the option to choose is always appreciated.

And if anyone is wondering, my AT partner started playing Soviets and has not gone back to USF since.
23 Sep 2014, 22:33 PM

US with soviets is actually pretty nice IMO. You get a solid stock infantry unit that scales into late game and heavy tanks at the same time as an allied team - not bad.

On the other hand, at least in my experience, playing double US is just awful at the moment, whereas when you have a soviet ally in a 2v2, the game is still fun.

So it'd be nice to have some influence over who your random team allies are.

I doubt it would happen, though. Automatch is already strained by the axis-allies imbalance, so putting additional stress on it probably isn't a good idea.

23 Sep 2014, 23:07 PM

I surely would be glad if I'm mated with Romeo in a game.
Op you probably just had bad luck with team mates yet. Good players are always valuable - indifferent from any faction choice.
24 Sep 2014, 00:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I surely would be glad if I'm mated with Romeo in a game.
Op you probably just had bad luck with team mates yet. Good players are always valuable - indifferent from any faction choice.

What would happen if Romeo also played SU :P
24 Sep 2014, 05:43 AM

USF is not bad, it's just that people dont know how to play them. When you play USF you have to get the right build/tech order with the right commander.

If you are coming with the mentality of 1 super unit winning the game like ISU, Tiger, sniper spam, etc the USF are not for you. That's how many people think, they want to micro one strong unit over managing a number of units.
24 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

What would happen if Romeo also played SU :P

have you seen my playercard? I suck with all other factions (and my favorite faction sucks) so I am in a bad place right now :D
24 Sep 2014, 17:14 PM

From the word of the 2v2 champion, USF sucks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Netherlands 31
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak