Login

russian armor

What new Soviet unit do you want to see in CoH2?

PAGES (7)down
28 Sep 2014, 21:12 PM

JS-3, it's time to let allied rock kappa
29 Sep 2014, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 14:48 PMButcher
Which would be totally overpowered. For the same reason I´m glad no Jagdpanther is in the game. Imagine 70 range with medium tank mobility... untouchable. As long as those don´t have the same range as regular tanks, I don´t see any hope with that.

Why will an Su 100 be OP, the axis has the JT, KT and Ferdi, while the sovjets are stuck with the poor Su-85 and call in mayhems. Su-100 is just as justified as a KT, Panther and the super heavy call in TDs.

It is fair and sqaure that they get access to That and elite non doctrinal infantry. In my opinion, the whole sovjet faction needs a major redesign.
29 Sep 2014, 00:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why will an Su 100 be OP, the axis has the JT, KT and Ferdi, while the sovjets are stuck with the poor Su-85 and call in mayhems. Su-100 is just as justified as a KT, Panther and the super heavy call in TDs.

It is fair and sqaure that they get access to That and elite non doctrinal infantry. In my opinion, the whole sovjet faction needs a major redesign.

I'd much rather see something new and interesting than a soviet version of the elephant. Alot of these other ideas would make for really unique units instead of just adding an improved Su-85.
29 Sep 2014, 10:40 AM

I already said it: THe combination of 70 range and the speed and maneuverability of a medium tank chassis would lead to an untouchable vehicle. Elefant and ISU aswell as the JT are slow as hell, which justifies their range.

Another super range unit would suck, I think everybody should have recognized that by now. It´s just lazy. Park the unit and destroy stuff. Some people just need to accept the asymmetrical game design and balance. Germans get better non-doctrinal tanks, so what? Russians get cheap mines, the (imo) best medium tank (T-34/85) or another game-breaking super-unit (ISU).
29 Sep 2014, 12:30 PM

Because balance cannot be done unit A vs unit B. But rather the effect of unit A in army A vs army B.

A unit that is usaually fine in the axis armies could be very OP if placed in allied hands and vice-versa. Just because how diffrent the supporting units are and the abilites of the units that they face.
29 Sep 2014, 12:59 PM

Su-10, counters Kubels and deploys at 0 CPs :snfPeter:
29 Sep 2014, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 10:40 AMButcher
I already said it: THe combination of 70 range and the speed and maneuverability of a medium tank chassis would lead to an untouchable vehicle. Elefant and ISU aswell as the JT are slow as hell, which justifies their range.

Another super range unit would suck, I think everybody should have recognized that by now. It´s just lazy. Park the unit and destroy stuff. Some people just need to accept the asymmetrical game design and balance. Germans get better non-doctrinal tanks, so what? Russians get cheap mines, the (imo) best medium tank (T-34/85) or another game-breaking super-unit (ISU).

So by your Logic it is fair That your opponents are forced to play with worse units, while you can spam the cream of the crop axis armour. Calling the T-34-85 the best medium in-game, toplel, Panther with it's current adamantium armour feast on their puny Souls.

The Su-100 is again 100% legitimate because of the OKW super heavy tanks. The current underperforming ISU (AT aspect) cant cope with the all mighty Jagdtiger (which can shoot through shotblockers...), and the Su-85 is at not a match for anything Else than a Pz.4.

30 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

So by your Logic it is fair That your opponents are forced to play with worse units, while you can spam the cream of the crop axis armour. Calling the T-34-85 the best medium in-game, toplel, Panther with it's current adamantium armour feast on their puny Souls.

The Su-100 is again 100% legitimate because of the OKW super heavy tanks. The current underperforming ISU (AT aspect) cant cope with the all mighty Jagdtiger (which can shoot through shotblockers...), and the Su-85 is at not a match for anything Else than a Pz.4.

He´s actually right. The T-34/85 devastates infantry, while the Panther is more of a special purpose tank. If you see a Panther finishing full health squads with one to two shots, you would have a point. Arguably the Panther is a heavy tank, being in the weight range of the IS-2 with 45 tons.

"Underperforming" ISU-152s... now that´s what I call "toplel". You are aware that it handles any tank easily and only struggles versus Elefant and Jagdtiger (again, specialized vehicles which suck versus infantry).

It looks more like Soviet players want to totally own German armor with their own armor. Most Soviet players just can´t handle the fact Germans get better tanks. Guess what? They did...
30 Sep 2014, 10:54 AM

He´s actually right. The T-34/85 devastates infantry, while the Panther is more of a special purpose tank. If you see a Panther finishing full health squads with one to two shots, you would have a point. Arguably the Panther is a heavy tank, being in the weight range of the IS-2 with 45 tons.

"Underperforming" ISU-152s... now that´s what I call "toplel". You are aware that it handles any tank easily and only struggles versus Elefant and Jagdtiger (again, specialized vehicles which suck versus infantry).

It looks more like Soviet players want to totally own German armor with their own armor. Most Soviet players just can´t handle the fact Germans get better tanks. Guess what? They did...

A single shot from a JT removes about 50% of an ISU's HP.

Thats like trying to handle a JPIV with an SU-76M talking AT regards.
30 Sep 2014, 10:56 AM

No, they got tanks that translate better from reality into games where the myriad and endless problems that over-engineering and poor internal design can't cripple them, because we never have to deal with those problems in game.

The entire Tiger series were crippled with mechanical failures, fires, falling through bridges, poor overall mobility, horrendous fuel consumption, all that good stuff. In real life, whilst intimidating, they were horribly cost inefficient before any of them even managed to reach the battlefield (a whole lot didn't). But games care not for the fact that continued development of these vehicles was an active detriment to the war effort overall. All we care about is that they looked cool and under ideal conditions against poorly prepared and organized smaller tanks they could do some impressive things. Until a 57mm gun jams their turret anyway (Dem 6pdr rounds. APDS top lel) Panthers were similar, but came with sloped rather than flat armour (generally less reliable), paper thin sides, and all of the problems the tiger had bar weight.

Regardless. ISU handles nothing above a PzIV easily these days; panther front buffs and speed make it perfect for running rings around ISU's, and a Tiger/KT can just bum rush it for victory (especially with the brand new re-instated rocket engine blitz nonsense). 'Phants and JT's still laugh at it. It handles low end mediums in the same way a Tiger handles T-34/76's, with similar overall efficiency against infantry (larger AoE vs better accuracy and better RoF + 2/3 MG's). God help you if you encounter a tiger ace or a sneaky PaK (Target Weak Point, allowed to be 10x better than button even before button got turbo-nerfed).

That aside, Soviets do lack dedicated heavy AT solutions, because the ZiS is terrible and the SU just lacks the un-vetted punch to do anything intimidating these days. IS-2's don't cut it, and swarms of T-34/85's are a joke (if you have enough fuel to get 4 for a single Tiger, you won long before the tiger ever arrived).

In terms of game balance, there's no reason not to allow all factions acess to similar levels of end game potential. OKW had a sketchy justification in 'oh weak early game gotta have free win in the late' which was never true to begin with, but even less so now. Ost have had an early game for months now. All you have is axis forces with varied and versatile troops from the get go until the late game, and allied armies either clinging to their two remaining crutches for competitive play (Shocks and IS-series) until the inevitable Jagd arrives, or playing USF. And, well. Yeah. They get medics?
30 Sep 2014, 10:56 AM

Soviet players want a type of super TD and not an "assault gun" thats capable of dealing with the Axis late game armor like the JT and KT.

How dare they wish for a more fair late game in AT regards, unacceptable.
30 Sep 2014, 10:58 AM

The T-34-85 is semi decent against infantry, but lacks its capability to pen the Panther from the front with its BR-365P shell, that were in common service with these tanks. I would take the Panther over the T-34-85 10/10 times, and guess what the T-34-85 is a doctrinal tank, so your screwed anyway if you go for it, compared with a Panther that is not commander bound.

If you read what I said earlier I specified that the ISU 152 is currently underperforming in terms of AT capabilities, not against infantry.

"Most Soviet players just can´t handle the fact Germans get better tanks. Guess what? They did..."

Looks like you are just un-aware that the Sovjets actually had tanks that could cope with Axis tanks as the Tiger, Panther, KT. They weren't invincible as you may think they were, but currently in-game the allied factions lack the AT units to counter the Heavy/Super heavy tanks that got added with the OKW. It is only fair that the Soviets get their hard counter to them, and they were they Su-100 and the ISU/Su-122(P)
30 Sep 2014, 11:10 AM

Lel.

In 1939-1940 Russia was making T-34/1940s and KV-1/2s while Germany only had Panzer IIs and Panzer IIIs with short barreld guns.

German early war tanks had such poor characteristics but where solid and reliable machines with radios, but Soviet eraly war armor had way superior armor and guns while they were unreliable and such.

If you want history then expect fighting KV-2s with your Panzer IIs, but ofc the tide would turn late game when Germans stepped up significantly, but dont pull the "Russia had worse tanks" card, they had amazingly powerfull machines in the early war that German tank crews feared.
30 Sep 2014, 11:12 AM

Looks like you are just un-aware that the Sovjets actually had tanks that could cope with Axis tanks as the Tiger, Panther, KT. They weren't invincible as you may think they were, but currently in-game the allied factions lack the AT units to counter the Heavy/Super heavy tanks that got added with the OKW. It is only fair that the Soviets get their hard counter to them, and they were they Su-100 and the ISU/Su-122(P)

The Brits had guns to deal with them too. 57mm 6pdr with APDS shells. It's 1944+ in multiplayer, top lel for that when it gets introduced. Unlike the yanks needing to buy them every time, the brits get them as standard. Axis tears will be so sweet when they have to know what it feels like to have all their tanks ruined by the standard AT gun of the army :D

But yes. The heaviest AT ruining gun the soviets had (the 152mm firing HEAT, or even HE, or even AP) has been made into some sort of glorified pop gun. So with that apparently not allowed to be the solution for heavy armour, we're forced to fall back on the old SU-100/122 series.

Personally, I was all for an SU-152 that fires more like a Sturmtiger Lite (maybe a 25-30 second reload), but with substantially better performance vs tanks and an AoE like the on field 152mm. Long range, faster firing, but less devastating. Let it do a guaranteed light engine damage instead of the sturm's obscene chance of immobilized and overheating all at once. Let the dang thing have some punch, like it honestly had. If it's good enough for OKW, surely soviets are allowed a nerfed version? (InB4 axis 'no asymmetrical balance')
30 Sep 2014, 11:21 AM

Personally, I was all for an SU-152 that fires more like a Sturmtiger Lite (maybe a 25-30 second reload), but with substantially better performance vs tanks and an AoE like the on field 152mm. Long range, faster firing, but less devastating. Let it do a guaranteed light engine damage instead of the sturm's obscene chance of immobilized and overheating all at once. Let the dang thing have some punch, like it honestly had. If it's good enough for OKW, surely soviets are allowed a nerfed version? (InB4 axis 'no asymmetrical balance')

Personally I would love to see a dedicated AT tank instead of the howitzers as the SU/ISU 122/152. For me a Su 100 would be a great introduction, but I wouldnt mind a Su 152 as you described above :3

But yes the Brits, I want them get in to the game as-well! It will be good fun like back in CoH1!
30 Sep 2014, 11:21 AM

[size=1]No, they got tanks that translate better from reality into games where the myriad and endless problems that over-engineering and poor internal design can't cripple them, because we never have to deal with those problems in game.
Funny, that you refer to German tanks exclusively for that while IS-2s and ISU-152 suffered from horrible reload times, poor ergonomics and carrying only half the rounds of a normal tank etc. In the case of the IS-2 you also have to bring the gun to the standard position after every shot to reload and then adjust on target again.

If you read what I said earlier I specified that the ISU 152 is currently underperforming in terms of AT capabilities, not against infantry.
I did read it and I was referring to the AT capabilities. You are the one misreading. It is still way better than any other super tank. Tanks don´t fight in a vacuum, it annihilates infantry and offers good AT. Last time I played versus it, it decimated Tigers without ever being reached... there is this stuff called support.

Am I seriously facing people here wanting an ISU buff?
30 Sep 2014, 11:23 AM

Funny, that you refer to German tanks exclusively for that while IS-2s and ISU-152 suffered from horrible reload times, poor ergonomics and carrying only half the rounds of a normal tank etc. In the case of the IS-2 you also have to bring the gun to the standard position after every shot to reload and then adjust on target again.

I did read it and I was referring to the AT capabilities. You are the one misreading. It is still way better than any other super tank. Tanks don´t fight in a vacuum, it annihilates infantry and offers good AT. Last time I played versus it, it decimated Tigers without ever being reached... there is this stuff called support.

Imo the ISU is fine, it wipes squads and removes any obstacles either it be bunkers or other fortifications and is decent vs armor.

What people want is something that can deal with late Axis super tanks like the KT and JT.

Like the SU-100.
30 Sep 2014, 11:24 AM

Lel.

In 1939-1940 Russia was making T-34/1940s and KV-1/2s while Germany only had Panzer IIs and Panzer IIIs with short barreld guns.

German early war tanks had such poor characteristics but where solid and reliable machines with radios, but Soviet eraly war armor had way superior armor and guns while they were unreliable and such.

If you want history then expect fighting KV-2s with your Panzer IIs, but ofc the tide would turn late game when Germans stepped up significantly, but dont pull the "Russia had worse tanks" card, they had amazingly powerfull machines in the early war that German tank crews feared.
Hey, a person who didn´t realize this games multiplayer is set after 1943. I wonder where all the PIV L/48s and T-34/85s are coming from...

Imo the ISU is fine, it wipes squads and removes any obstacles either it be bunkers or other fortifications and is decent vs armor.

What people want is something that can deal with late Axis super tanks like the KT and JT.

Like the SU-100.
Any super long range unit is a cancer to gameplay. It´s annoying. What I see here is lazy Soviet players wanting a unit they can park, wipe German tanks with and if every caught drive away with the mobility of a medium tank.
30 Sep 2014, 11:26 AM

Hey, a person who didn´t realize this games multiplayer is set after 1943. I wonder where all the PIV L/48s and T-34/85s are coming from...

You just flat out stated that the Germans had superior armor.

You never specified a year, just a flat statement.

Besides, the SU-100 saw service during WW2, but having it would be unacceptable because Germans cant have more fair matchups ofc.

30 Sep 2014, 11:27 AM

And german heavy tanks should have their engines breaking down and the panthers suspension should breaking down randomly, yeah that would totally make the game fun if we added all of that as-well.

Imo the ISU is fine, as an assault gun, but what people want is and dedicated tank hunter as the Su-100.

Any super long range unit is a cancer to gameplay. It´s annoying. What I see here is lazy Soviet players wanting a unit they can park, wipe German tanks with and if every caught drive away with the mobility of a medium tank.

Then why did they add the Jagdtiger then? Its as you said cancer to gameplay, and not needed. Since it got released the Su-100 is 100% viable.

Calling Sovjet players lazy is just sad to see. Im not the one that can park a Jagdtiger anywhere on the map and let it kill any armour they throw at it while I support/scout for it.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS