Login

russian armor

war spoils

23 Sep 2014, 15:45 PM

hey, i know there are several threads about this already but im level 59 with close to 90 hours play time but i didnt recieve 1 commander so far. so if it continues on this rate i will need something like 1-2k hours to get the most important ones which is not acceptable in a competitive RTS o.O
23 Sep 2014, 15:54 PM

I haven't received any commanders either, or barely any warspoils in general.....
23 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I can't imagine what it would be like trying to earn all the commanders through war spoils alone. The whole concept is currently flawed, disapointing, and not efficient. There are promised changes on the way to improve functionality and allow players to trade in duplicate junk for something else.

Just wait and hope they implement this system better than the first go around.
23 Sep 2014, 16:02 PM

I think that War Spoils was built using Dota 2's drop system as a reference. The issue, I think, is that Dota 2 supports reselling items (and purchasing those that you might want). And, more importantly, their items are only cosmetic.

Conceptually, War Spoils doesn't bother me too much. But the drop rate, number of total possible items, and inability to do anything with duplicates are all off. Tinkering with the drop rates would be a plus, but it's vital they allow trading, or some other mechanism for dealing with duplicates, is very important.

Also, improving the new loadouts interface. It is much worse than it was pre-WFA
23 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

Don't worry, when you get a commander it'll just be a duplicate anyways. lel
23 Sep 2014, 16:05 PM

Don't worry you will get them. By the time I was in my 60s I accumulated the Fortifications doc and Scavenging doc(one with jaeger lights) + several nice bulletins via warspoils. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the system has not been flawed for me at all.
23 Sep 2014, 16:10 PM

I think once you hit 100 and get that star on your player card, drops happen more frequently?
23 Sep 2014, 16:10 PM

A simple re-roll option would be good: exchange 2x same rarity items for 1x same rarity new random one. Or trading between players, but i doubt someone would take my 9x Studded Faceplate for their 1x Close Air Support commander :P
23 Sep 2014, 16:27 PM

Don't worry you will get them. By the time I was in my 60s I accumulated the Fortifications doc and Scavenging doc(one with jaeger lights) + several nice bulletins via warspoils. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the system has not been flawed for me at all.

i forgot, im playing 2v2 at only and my mate (almost exact same playtime) has only gotten 1 commander so far, makes 180 hours for 1 commander which is random and can be WFA which we dont have lol
23 Sep 2014, 16:46 PM

i forgot, im playing 2v2 at only and my mate (almost exact same playtime) has only gotten 1 commander so far, makes 180 hours for 1 commander which is random and can be WFA which we dont have lol

Lucky me, I've had about eight commanders and a grand total of 2 of them were new WFA ones.

But thank god I have three NKVD rifle! Best loadout 2014 new meta MVGame 2 OP.
23 Sep 2014, 16:50 PM

Unlucky me ... only 1!! commander (which was a double)... and I have a star.
23 Sep 2014, 23:16 PM

Hmm...

Warspoils has done nothing but add possibly useful commanders to peoples' inventories, so it's hardly a bad thing by any measure.

That said, it's bad form releasing something when you know that it isn't finished yet, even if it's a benign addition. They should have somehow just asked everyone if they wanted to "opt in" to a "warspoils beta," with the selling point that you have nothing to lose and might get some free DLC, with the warning that you may get a few duplicates. It would have totally changed around the feel of the whole thing.
24 Sep 2014, 12:47 PM

Hmm...

Warspoils has done nothing but add possibly useful commanders to peoples' inventories, so it's hardly a bad thing by any measure.

That said, it's bad form releasing something when you know that it isn't finished yet, even if it's a benign addition. They should have somehow just asked everyone if they wanted to "opt in" to a "warspoils beta," with the selling point that you have nothing to lose and might get some free DLC, with the warning that you may get a few duplicates. It would have totally changed around the feel of the whole thing.

its a pvp game and its not acceptable that my mate didnt have a tiger doctrin for 50 levels, which is kinda gamebreaking when u look at the current meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★