Login

russian armor

Ost Mines

24 Sep 2014, 18:42 PM

I really like mines too, but this would create a serious problem. Being able to building numerous cheap AI mines without any warning would relegate the Allies to building a minesweeper per infantry unit to make sure they could attack Ost. The field is present because it allows the mines only to be planted at 60 so that this cannot be done as easily. On top of that they even get signs to further attempt to mitigate this problem.

To change it now would require a huge reworking of the mine. The best option is to work within the bounds of mine patches unfortunately.

No, for two reasons.

1) The axis focus on Muni upgrades.
2) Because axis units are inherently more vulnerable to mines, due to smaller squad size.

There really is a perceived tolerance level here that is too high for what it should be.
More Axis mines come at a significant cost that impairs other upgrades, and are inherently less effective anyways vs larger squads.

We've gotten "used" to Axis mines being shit, whereas really they should be just as significant and dangerous, in proportion, as Allies ones are.

Its one of those things where you have to say "yeah, this was always gimp, and needs a buff" instead of focusing on the status quo as a norm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★