Login

russian armor

Just some stats

17 Sep 2014, 14:35 PM
Senior Editor Badge

IMHO map design is the way to balance 3v3/ 4v4, more "open maps" for team games.

Theater of war have at least 2 or 3 maps ready for team games

Brody tank war from Barbarossa missions
2 giant maps from Southern Fronts missions

so Milka,

make it happen :P
17 Sep 2014, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 14:28 PMTrainzz

Personally I prefer having a vehicle crew that is always with your vehicle. In this case, your echolon troop can cap or plant demos or whatever. You don't need a rear echolon squad to survive to be able to repair, that is a huuuuuuge advantage over other factions. I find myself often spending nearly 400 additional manpower or even more with other factions, simply to have a unit to repair 1 vehicle. Not to mention it saves time.

It is an advantage but not necessarily a "huuuuuuge" advantage. First you have to keep the weaker units alive and do it while mircoing more of them. If you spent mp on more units to repair that is only wasted if those units can't do anything else. with your increased micro time they could build you some wire, lay a mine, etc.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 14:28 PMTrainzz

Also, I don't quite understand how you need more micro to repair vehicles as USF than as Ostheer or Soviets. You just reverse them out and order them to decrew. Once your vehicle is repaired, you recrew and you are good to go again. That is so damn easy.

"more micro" is not so easy. There is a LOT more micro and no shift clicking with USF crews. They don't automatically recrew when done, and they might run off to repair something else. They are also exposed and vulnerable (along with whatever veterancy they have gained). It takes more time to learn, to develop the muscle memory.

Is it better at high levels of play? Perhaps. I will never know.

I don't get to play much and COH2 and Rome II are the only new games I have bought in the last couple of years. COH1 had replaced my love for Total War as soon as I bought it. I even deleted Rome II because it was bad and I prefer to play against real people. But after the last patch I am convinced that Relic's vision for the factions implies that they cannot balance the factions. They are so enamored with "difference" that they don't realize a few similarities won't make the factions ever feel the same. (US is not allowed to have good AT except Jacksons, Soviets never had infantry that knew how to fight. But of course the Axis were all ubermentschen and their war machines so superior you wonder if they can go toe to toe today with an M-1 Abrams.)

Last night I deleted COH2 and reloaded Rome II on both of my machines. I want to like COH2 but can't. I would prefer to wait for the few COH1 games I get than play any COH2.
17 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM

This is a good thread. I enjoy reading the suggestions others have posted.

I agree about the changes to the maps. Right now, everyone goes straight for the fuel and then camps it. These fuel points are placed at chokepoints or right next to VPs. Instead of using flanking and strategy, everyone rushes for the fuel and tries to defend it the longest.
17 Sep 2014, 18:48 PM
Benefactor 115

Current average 4v4 winstreaks of the top 10:

USF 3
OKW 17
SOV 4
OH 17

Please Relic. Let the comunity do one patch themselfes and then get your hands off this game forever and spare us with your incompetence. PLEASE

This is a case of finding statistics to fit one side of a debate. It is not a case of; Here are some statistics and here is a conclusion.

Your sample size is too small, and shown without context.

What were the win streaks before hand? Did one faction just loose a big streak of 40 or 50 games? Are these numbers representative all skill levels? What happens if its mixed teams? Are these streaks the same today, last week, 2 months ago?

I find your post far too insulting to the group of professionals that make CoH2. The community is great in that it provides way more testers, perspectives and data than a company could possibly do in house, However; interpreting data and coming to a consensus on appropriate changes - that's not the communities strength...too many cooks in the kitchen.

Note I don't think that Relic is above criticism or that things are perfect. But I do think that its unfair to call them incompetent.
17 Sep 2014, 21:26 PM

Win streak may not be the best way to judge balance. Win/loss ratio is something else as normal users have access to. Sample size of 200. Edit: This is for the 4v4 game mode.

Date 5.8.2014
0.613 0.736 0.588 0.671
Soviet OKW US Ostheer

Date 7.9.2014
0.543 0.854 0.576 0.832
Soviet OKW US Ostheer

Change in time period
-0.70 +.118 -0.12 +0.161
Soviet OKW US Ostheer

In conclusion, the Axis has a clear advantage some where in the game to enable them win more often. The trend is clearly upward for Axis and clearly down for Allied. It can be expected that the gap will continue to increase given the latest balance changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★