Login

russian armor

They've returned

17 Sep 2014, 05:50 AM

So, last patch they were too weak (according to a lot of people in the community). Nothing (major) changed about them and to be honest, nothing major changed about the stuff they are facing. Definitely nothing that would make them go from "Utterly useless" to "Wtf godlike".

Anyways, just wait for something:
Go face Stormtroopers with the StG44 upgrade.

Now something that warrants QQ in my opinion - Stormtroopers. Why?
270 MP value on the squad, .75 received accuracy modifier (PGrens have .8). Same weapons as PGrens, same Nade, but also an ability pretty much like the Thompson Paras have. Oh, did I already mention they are 270 MP? Yes, that's a whooping 70 MP less for a better squad if you pay the one time 50 MP fee to buy them and 100 (I think) munition to upgrade them. Think long term, bra.

This also nicely indicates why I dislike upgrades so much and I pretty much ALWAYS argue against trying to balance the game by gaming X (be it Conscripts or Penals or Volks or whatever) a weapon upgrade. That just means this squad (in most games) gets spammed and the upgrade becomes somewhat mandatory.

My take is that as the patch and the USF meta lategame changed from Easy8s to Jacksons, and the M8 Scott from direct to indirect, PGs with shrecks have taken a more prominent role to screen and hunt for tanks. They've always been pretty effective against weaker US armor, but the M8's (and Bulldozer's) accuracy nerf made infantry-based tank hunting much more viable again. As far as this patch is concerned, the Ostheer player has two choices late game against US tanks - either PaKs (the standard), or PGs (the new thing), and I like the new flexibility.

Against Soviets, PaKs/P4s/Tigers will still reign, but not all units need to be useful in all matchups.
17 Sep 2014, 09:29 AM

@tengen

ye i really noticed how the bulldozer Sherman really misses alot since the patch. And i noticed how the pg's now since they recieved accuracy change are hard to push off the field w/o snipers or mg's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United Kingdom 136
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak