Login

russian armor

They've returned

15 Sep 2014, 23:47 PM

Few remember the times before the dawning of the age know as "post march deployment". The immortal beings who roamed the ancient battlefields could shrug off tremendous ammounts of damage without the use of body armor or protection.

But since dawn of the knew age few remain who could stand against the firepower and live to tell the tale. One of creatures was more fragile to the new conditions and faded away rarely to be seen. The beings know as panzergrenadiers curse the day when they nerfgods banished them to obscurity. Yet they promised to return

But this day on the 9th of september, they have emerged from the darkness to saw terror on the battlefields yet again. I'm offcourse talking about the terminator panzergren

Joke's aside i think they're overperforming slightly. I experienced a match were i just couldn't get a upper hand against em. A reason could be that i used the freshly nerfed assault egni's. Bu anyhow i just couldn't figure out how to win those close range engagements against em.

Game:
  •  

15 Sep 2014, 23:59 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 23:47 PMMackie
But this day on the 9th of december

Jesus, I must have had way too much to drink last night... I missed Halloween AND Thanksgiving?

[my inner American intensifies]

On a serious note, I have no trouble dealing with Pgren squads now. I like the change, it was much needed. Upgraded/Veteran Rifleman squads can rationally engage them at medium ranges, or even up close with BARs (in my experiences so far). Playing as Wehrmacht, it feels refreshing to be pumping solid anti-infantry DPS from an infantry squad that isn't a lmg gren.
16 Sep 2014, 00:01 AM

He is from the future.
16 Sep 2014, 00:02 AM

He is from the future.

knows to much, must be terminated
16 Sep 2014, 01:48 AM

He is from the future.

Rofl, either that or he's just a witch in which case he must be customarily burned or thrown into the nearest pond. If he floats, he's a witch; if he drowns, he was innocent (no harm, no foul); and if he walks upon the water then it was just Siberian all along.
16 Sep 2014, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 01:48 AMEnkidu
and if he walks upon the water then it was just Siberian all along.
:lol:
16 Sep 2014, 05:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 23:47 PMMackie
Joke's aside i think they're overperforming slightly. I experienced a match were i just couldn't get a upper hand against em. A reason could be that i used the freshly nerfed assault egni's. Bu anyhow i just couldn't figure out how to win those close range engagements against em.

When did this happen?
16 Sep 2014, 05:37 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 05:27 AMTobis

When did this happen?

Today/ yesterday.
16 Sep 2014, 06:12 AM

Permanently Banned
16 Sep 2014, 06:47 AM

Lol, Pzgrens are finally of some use now. Whiners are so fast and so furious.
16 Sep 2014, 09:49 AM

Ye i think pgrens are somewhat fine right now. I just dont think they should win a engagement without even loosing a single model against 2 smg armed infantry at point blank range.
Vaz
16 Sep 2014, 11:31 AM

I don't want to watch the replay, but I feel like PG's are good right now. I've fought them and killed them. I also had a game where I made good decisions with them and they had 50 kills at the end of the match.

I think the way they are used now is much different from the terminators of the past. Previously they could close any distance to point blank range. At that point there was no escape. You could retreat and die on retreat or you could stay and die. Players that have tried to do that to me post 9/9 have lost men approach. Put them in at least light cover at mid range and they will do a good job. Considering the large pop cost, they are in a good spot right now.
16 Sep 2014, 11:40 AM

Pgens are fine. Next topic pls

if fanboys with such an avatar say they re fine, they definitely should change them ;) *kidding*

16 Sep 2014, 11:46 AM

Probably Pgrens are one of the few infantry units that finally seem balanced.
But well, after fighting JLI and Obersoldaten blobs, even flying Panthers seem balanced.
16 Sep 2014, 12:36 PM

if fanboys with such an avatar say they re fine, they definitely should change them ;) *kidding*

Former soviet fanboy that accused others of german fanboyism is now accused of german fanboyism himself. Life is amazing.
16 Sep 2014, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 12:36 PMJohnnyB

Former soviet fanboy that accused others of german fanboyism is now accused of german fanboyism himself. Life is amazing.

Ha ha, Indeed :faint:
16 Sep 2014, 12:44 PM

johnny, plox

b good
16 Sep 2014, 12:50 PM

I don't know if assault engis is primarily supposed to be this semi combat unit/engineers like sturmpios or if theyre actually supposed to be tought close quarters fighters. Because if the first thing i mentioned is true then its understandable if pgrens win. If someone knows how airborne with thomsons faire against them in id be glad to know
16 Sep 2014, 12:58 PM

That also speaks a bit about balance/incentives and appeal to play as allies if even allied fanboys turn to the other side.

And btw he is not the first one. I know at least 3 other persons who ended up this way.
16 Sep 2014, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

Panzergrenadiers are fine like someone said before in this thread. They are 340MP so I think its fair they are better than Riflemen. Not that hard to counter them. An MG can do a good job, flametrowers, or just two conscript/riflemen squads together can force them to retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★