Login

russian armor

fooking Halftrucks

• This thread is locked
14 Apr 2013, 20:57 PM

in all games, 2v2 and 1v1 i've seen (tourney ofc) that people were using the same shit strat called HT flamers, this is so much bullshit that you can't beat it fast and soft, you just can't

now let's talk about balance that would be good IMO

Soviet combat engineers
- renamed to Engineers
- can't upgrade with flamethrower
- got possible upgrade in HQ - Comabt engineers - affect all engineers on the field, names changed back to Combat engineers, now can be upgraded with flamethrower, cost? i think the same as T3 phase escalate in germans, why? you will see why.
- flamethrower cost increased to 70 munitions

German pioniers
- can't upgrade with flamethrower
- got possible upgrade in HQ - Sturmpioniers - affect all pioniers on the field, name changed to sturmpioniers, can be upgraded with flamethrower, cost same as T3 phase escalate

M3 Halftruck
- cost increased to 120/30
- decreases damage done by it's two MG's
- flamethrower inside HT have reduced damage by 33%
- HT is more vulnerable to small arms (not only LMG's and MG's but also gren rifles)

German HT
- cost increased to 150/35
- flammenwerfer upgrade on it cost 140 muni
- flammenwerfer now requires T3 phase escalate
- damage reduced by 33% (flammenwerfer ofc)
- HT is now vulnerable to small arms

M5 HT
- cost changed to 150/35
- flamethrowers inside HT deal 33% less damage
- HT is now vulnerable to small arms

German Scout car
- HP slightly increased
- cost changed to 120/30
- upgun cost reduced to 60 muni

FOOK THOSE HALFTRUCK ABUSE!!!
14 Apr 2013, 21:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

okay simple for Russian half track rush we have something called panzerfaust it does all but a sliver of hp. then you can shoot it with guns till it dies or mg or another Faust.

german half tracks at nades and at guns and those soldiers with ptrs.

14 Apr 2013, 21:16 PM

dude.... rly, you think i never used that? problem is, even when you fire first panzerfaust it takes like 70-80% of HP, damages engine, but still, this HT rapes you, you won't have a chance to set up your MG and it's half dead, so as grens, and remember that Gren rifles can't do a shiet to HT

about german Flamer - you think that you will kill fast HT with just PTRD's? you know it's insta doctrine choice, how many docs have guards? 2? and if you choose AT nades, you need 3 AT nades to completely kill it

must say that CoH2 is shit now because you get vehicles too fast and AT weapons too late, while in COH1 and entire early game was about infantry war (except bikes, jeeps and sometimes HTs, but even in COH1 you could kill HT with rifles....)
14 Apr 2013, 22:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

dude.... rly, you think i never used that? problem is, even when you fire first panzerfaust it takes like 70-80% of HP, damages engine, but still, this HT rapes you, you won't have a chance to set up your MG and it's half dead, so as grens, and remember that Gren rifles can't do a shiet to HT

about german Flamer - you think that you will kill fast HT with just PTRD's? you know it's insta doctrine choice, how many docs have guards? 2? and if you choose AT nades, you need 3 AT nades to completely kill it

must say that CoH2 is shit now because you get vehicles too fast and AT weapons too late, while in COH1 and entire early game was about infantry war (except bikes, jeeps and sometimes HTs, but even in COH1 you could kill HT with rifles....)

tbh i don't really want to go any further with this. this is all emotion your displaying, your not applying logic or reason to any of this simply raging about how you can't handle half tracks and flamers.

Ive had very little issues with half tracks, yes when they hit your on the back-foot. However you can usually pretty easily make them back off with Faust which you have plenty of munis for bye the time the half track hits for a couple of Faust and some at riflemen. you have in the next teir a shreks,armored cars,

German one on the other hand I've had some trouble with usually counter it with a at gun and at nades. tbh I've had more trouble with the German half-tracks than the Russian ones. despite being on the field much later.

this is 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 as i can't seem to get into 1v1 games in automatch.

does something need to be done to bring them down a bit maybe but nerfing everything isn't gonna fix the problem just make more problems to fix.
14 Apr 2013, 23:10 PM

you never played against good players don't you? so watch tourney replays to see what im talking about
14 Apr 2013, 23:18 PM

First case of Russia OP complaints. Here we go lololololololololo
14 Apr 2013, 23:32 PM

because soviets are OP? give me the reason that they don't
15 Apr 2013, 00:26 AM

Yes flame halftracks are OP, I personally find the german halftrack harder to deal with than the soviet one. The soviet one you just panzerfaust it and shoot it to death with an mg or grens. The german one takes 3 AT nades to kill and takes no damage from rifle fire. Not only that but once you get close enough to throw AT nades your men are dying from the flames. Guards come a bit late. I usually just wait for a T34 to come out when dealing with the halftrack.
15 Apr 2013, 08:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

As I said I was totally fine dealing with it vs Sepha when I was Germans and dealing vs the German one when I was Russians vs SunAngel (Guards in the M3A1 pwns it easily).

If you get together all the changes you suggest you make engineers/pioneers with flamethrowers come a lot later, while their role is of early responding to MGs/mass infantry units. Also this make you decrease the number of strategies since all the Russians would simply prefer going for mass conscripts - T34s instead of delaying their tanks.

Also, why would you build an Halftrack if it costs more and performs so much worse? I mean, their window of opportunity is already small (for Russians it can potentially be nothing if you are intelligent and save the first munitions for fausts, for Germans it's a bit more but it comes a bit later too ) and depends a lot from players micro and opponents capacity of responding.

I say give it more time and try to develop a strat to stop it :P Or at least suggest less and minor changes that would make them more effective (one of the main problems I see is the number of criticals flames do, while the base damage doesn't seem that high)
16 Apr 2013, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2013, 00:26 AMS73v0
The german one takes 3 AT nades to kill and takes no damage from rifle fire. Not only that but once you get close enough to throw AT nades your men are dying from the flames. Guards come a bit late. I usually just wait for a T34 to come out when dealing with the halftrack.

Theres a commander with Rifles lvl 2 and another with rifles lvl 1. Lvl 1 should be way faster than T34 in most cases. Maybe the flamer halftracks still will be earlier than your rifles if he is rushing for it but then you have to retreat and regroup for attacking together with the rifles a minute later. Shouldn't be that hard.

As for germans early I reserve 70 munitions for fausts except on extreme conscripts rush then I upgrade Grenadiers instead fopr all munitions. And as soon as I got tech 2 I build a Sdkfz 222 scout car to deal with those.
16 Apr 2013, 13:36 PM

This isn't a problem, you are just raging because you got caught with your pants around your ankles.

Make 3 Gren Squads and 2 Mortar Squads. Hit them with Faust and finish it with mortar. Then Tech to T2 for PGrens or a Pak.
16 Apr 2013, 15:11 PM

The problem isn't whether it's counterable but whether it's way too good for the cost and how early it arrives. I'm not convinced the Soviet ones are a huge problem, given you have Fausts and they involve very early fuel consumption and getting up the rifle command. The German one is pretty unsporting for the cost and time it arrives. Currently it has a pretty good shot in a headlong charge at a ZiS, or rolling into the middle of 3 conscripts with AT nades, which is just...:rolleyes:

For a straight-up rush unit compared with VCOH's M8, it's more rapidly lethal to infantry and especially AT and weapons teams, can survive a mine without a skirt upgrade, requires less specific tech investment, is facing weaker AT, can fire through hedges, is way cheaper compared to infantry...
25 Apr 2013, 13:42 PM

When it comes to the Flame Half track it's very simple. It needs to receive the same reductions that the rest of flamers received early in Beta. It needs a longer reload, and less firing time. If you do that it will be much more balanced. As it stands now it simply is too strong. However I don't want to see it nerfed into the ground as it is a unique and interesting unit, especially when considering cold tech applications.
25 Apr 2013, 21:33 PM

To me, retreat pathing feels to be p.art of the problem with the flamers feels. I just lost 3 Conscript squads on the retreat to a flame HT in one game, all 3 squads had 5 or 6 men when I started retreating. They had a horrible time trying to run around the HT and got roasted.

The German flame HT feels too powerful but I think it could be balanced just by fixing retreat pathing (and pathing in general, actually) and giving it a longer cooldown so that you have more opportunities to run in, throw a nade and run away without getting completely roasted.

While not balanced now, I'm glad to see that the flame halftracks don't seem to be headed for utter uselessness like in CoH1.
10 Jul 2021, 15:58 PM

10 Jul 2021, 16:01 PM

wtf is this.. isnt this from 2013
10 Jul 2021, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2021, 16:01 PMSmaug
wtf is this.. isnt this from 2013

Yeah it is, why was it posted much higher on the forums didn't check the year before replied. :huhsign:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 18
Germany 3
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L