Login

russian armor

USF review

13 Sep 2014, 14:28 PM

I'm a big fan of teamgames and USF faction but I find no pleasure in it and here is list of the most annoying things in my opinion.

1. Rear Echelon.
No use of them. Once they had nice supression ability which was response for Kubel's superssion. Now this ability is useless. Wonder why OKW can superess many units on wide area with Kubel while USF can't supress even 1 unit for 20ammo (OK, they can supress but it's just teory).

2. Stuart.
This unit needs a buff, not a nerf with every single patch! It cost 80+70 fuel!!!! (Jadgpanzer needs 170 Puma 110 and Stuka 140.... PS Don't tell me how OKW have lower fuel income cause ability to exchange ammo for fuel os awesome and in teamgames you dont even ferl that lower income) and enter fight when there is enough AT power to make it useless (same thing with T70). It should reward player for delaying Sherman with nice push-power but it's a waste of resources.

3. Anti-blob unit.
Ost have Brummbar, PzWerfer and even let's say Flame Truck.
Soviets have Katyusha.
OKW have Stuka and Stumtiger.
USF have.... M8? Yea...
To push back blob you need really heavy fire which hits at once on wide area. Every faction has something like that but not USF.
If you see that blob is coming you can try M8, Pack Howizter (they are great, really, but they won't scare ultimate blob army)

4. M10 Wolverine.
Ok, this unit is almost complety useless, needs a lot of micro which does not pay off

5. M36 Jackson.
The biggest USF gun but still not enough for Tiger, KT, Elephant or JT. Nice damage but to low penetration. ZiS3, IS2, ISU152, SU85. All those units have better penetration especially on far target. Few times I had opportunity to chase down Tiger due to none support of PaK or Schrecks. I stand against one-hit-kill Tiger. First shot bounced. I got hitted. Second shot bounced, third shot bounced and my Jackson was dead. I know it's not suposed to fight like that but 100% AT unit and the only one AT unit should have better penetration Ok, maybe it's fast enough to flank something. 6,5 speed for 28t unit vs 6,6 speed for 45t unit (Panther). Add bliztkrieg and no need to say more.
It has nice range but not enough to stay away from PaKs. Give it better armor. It has even 110mm fronatl armor. Not the whole front but the most fragile places.

There are the biggest issues if you ask me.

What USF need? Few thing.

1. Artillery. Not Priest which shoots shell by shell but something which fires with full power at once.

2. Medium/Heavy Tank. M26 Pershing is a unit which can fill the gap. Not yet heavy tank but one of the heaviest in medium class. Versus KT, JT or Elephnat you just need some damage-sponge.

3. New elite infantry unit. Ost have Grens, PzGrens, Ostruppen, Assault Grens. SOviets have Cons, Guards, Shocks, Penals and Maxim spam (:banana:). OKW have Volks, Strumpio, Obers, Falchs and Panzerfusiliere.
USF have Rifle, Paratroopers and now Assault Engi but I feel that they need some call-in flexible infatry, but that is just mine feeling.

4. Give USF some units that provide fun!! God, using Stuka, Sturmtiger is great! "Come on little filthy blob, come on to dady... BOOM!" Who does not smile when hit a blob with that?
ISU? "I got you 5 vetted Volks, no say goobye to this nice squad you Axis scum! BOOM! Vanished"
KV8? "I will cook you for dinner!!". PzWerfer? "Hmmm nice mortar spam. Wonder what will happens if I aim there with my rockets? Hmmmm..." Jadgtiger, Elephant? "Awww, I see your new, shiny varnish on frontal armor, let me make it dirty. You won't even see me, I swear!"
B4? "Where are you tiny JT? I have a nice gift for you, one little shell... Fire! waiting... waiting (please, do not move!! Please!!!).... Gotcha!!"
USF? I have my M8 and I will make you cry with my 6 bulletns at once! Oh, wait.... No fun at all :(

You may disagree with me, that's your right and I'm open to criticism.

Ps
Paratroopers since they can be call in at enemy's teritory, they should be able to engage since landing but you nie to wait 1 minute I guess for upgrade. They should already have lmg or Thompson. Obers, for 400mp already have lmg.

USF are unplayable in big teamgames :(
14 Sep 2014, 00:53 AM

Permanently Banned
I posted a similar thread to this a while back. i got soo much flak for it.

Im quickly giving up on this game. i was soo excited for the USF. only to find out that they are simply boring, and under performing.

I post my complaints on these forums, hoping to get some support from this community. i was very wrong. people dont want USF to be FUN.

Leave the axis players alone... Let them enjoy their long wait times. This game is going to die if relic doesn't get their act together.

In the meantime ill go play another game -_-
14 Sep 2014, 01:30 AM

From the perspective of a top 200 1v1 US player who thinks the faction is extremely strong, let me go through these one by one:

1) REs are NOT combat troops, they exist to cap, minesweep and occasionally repair. Volley Fire is basically a last resort that can allow REs to beat weaker squads such as pioneers, or to suppress something like Volks if your opponent is careless. Remember, Volley Fire is more effective if you are closer, and is not cancelled by movement. It also scales with high rate of fire weapons - an RE squad with double BARs or M1919s is completely capable of keeping 2 squads suppressed, if that's what you want to invest muni into.

2) The nerf to the Stuart in the recent patch was completely justified, the stun ability was stupidly good. That said, I believe the Stuart should receive a durability buff so it doesn't die to 2 Pak shots. So I sort of agree with you on this one.

3) Blobs are very manageable for US using Rifles and the tools you mention. Additionally, most US doctrines include some form of artillery. The 50. Cal HMG is also something I think more US players should use, its very good against blobs.

4) I could not disagree more. For 70 fuel, I think the M10 is a great, mobile, long-range, budget counter to medium armour. It can't kill heavy armour up front, but it isn't meant to. With its veterancy bonuses it scales very well, and becomes a deadly flanking unit.

5) You seem to have had some bad luck, but nonetheless the Jackson is a very solid late-game TD. It is built for flanking, you should usually be able to position it so it is atleast shooting at the side of enemy tanks (giving roughly 50/50 chance for rear armour shots). It does require a lot of care and micro "babysitting," but this pays off very well. No other TD is even close to as mobile with a gun that good - unlike units such as the SU85, you don't have to fight up front with it.

And the next set:

1) I don't see why this is needed, though I can see the case for a Priest buff maybe. If you mean to counter blobs, see my above comment.

2) A Pershing is certainly not "needed," though it might be cool and will probably be added at some future point. Frankly though, I would prefer not since I like the fact that factions have diverse playstyles, and that the US has to be more creative than just "spam call-in heavy tank."

3) What could possibly be more flexible than riflemen? OKW has lots of call-in infantry because most of them are quite specialized, whereas the whole point of US is that you have a core of 3-4 Rifle squads that scale well and can adapt to almost anything. What do you want this new unit to do that Riflemen don't currently do?

4) Like with the Pershing, I feel you need to adjust your expectations. US is about combined arms and having lots of units working in coordination to work wonders. Adding "super units" just removes the faction's unique playstyle and makes them function like OKW. When I play US, the satisfaction isn't from one tank firing one shot that wipes 2 squads (OK, maybe sometimes with the Dozer Sherman). Its from a massive attack with multiple flanks from infantry and tanks covered by artillery/smoke that overwhelms my opponent with priority targets and shoves them off the map. I find it interesting to play, and wouldn't want to see it changed or dumbed down in any way. I think you may be looking at this the wrong way - don't expect the faction to change to suit the playstyle you want. Rather, find the faction(s) with the playstyle(s) that suit you.
14 Sep 2014, 01:33 AM
Donator 11

USF is horrible to play. No fun. Only good vs complete noobs where they can win in 15 min.

If they cant fix it the game will die again.

its not a l2p problem.
14 Sep 2014, 02:42 AM
Donator 11

5. You're trying to 1v1 a heavy tank that costs nearly double what you're trying to kill it with from the front? You out range and out maneuver it so there was really no reason to try to engage it directly.

I like to think of paras as an infantry squad that just deploys in a very strange way. They are much too expensive to try some sort of backdoor drop very often.

I really don't know how you are playing USF but I find them quite fun even though there's not quite the amount of "OMG SPLOSIONZ" as the other factions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★