Login

russian armor

Q: How does small arm fire against garrison works

12 Sep 2014, 17:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Damage output from inside a house depends of numbers of windows/space facing the opponent, but what about damage inflicted?

I may know the answer from experience, but anyone knows how it is actually calculated by the game?

1- How is damage calculated (and spread) to units inside a building?
2- Does it matter if you are hitting from a windowless wall ?
3- Does sniper need to have LOS to units inside or it just crits with a 50%?

Edit: i made a mistake on the tittle after changing it :P "How does small arm fire works against garrison"
12 Sep 2014, 17:53 PM

1. Every weapon has a modifier vs different Targets and cover, garrisons are no exeption. Here the K98K modifiers vs garrisoned units as an example:
Garrison suppression: 0.0
Garrison penetration: 1.0
Garrison accuracy: 0.55
Garrison damage: 0.5

All Data for all weapons vs all types of cover can be found on www.coh2-stats.com .

2. Doesnt matter.
3. The sniper accuracy modifiers can be found by his weapon, the final chance to hit is 2x modifiers, because his base accuracy is 2.
12 Sep 2014, 18:02 PM

Sry double post. :)
12 Sep 2014, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1. Every weapon has a modifier vs different Targets and cover, garrisons are no exeption. Here the K98K modifiers vs garrisoned units as an example:
Garrison suppression: 0.0
Garrison penetration: 1.0
Garrison accuracy: 0.55
Garrison damage: 0.5

All Data for all weapons vs all types of cover can be found on www.coh2-stats.com .

2. Doesnt matter.
3. The sniper accuracy modifiers can be found by his weapon, the final chance to hit is 2x modifiers, because his base accuracy is 2.

Thx.

Anyone know anything about how targeting models inside work? I feel like most of the time most of the squad survives with few health. I guess the dmg modifier is the reason, but still feels different than most engagements that are on the "open".
15 Sep 2014, 17:01 PM

Anyone know anything about how targeting models inside work? I feel like most of the time most of the squad survives with few health. I guess the dmg modifier is the reason, but still feels different than most engagements that are on the "open".

Everything I say now is just guessing.

I think the main reason why open battles feel different comes down to 2 points.
1. On open Ground Soldiers are often more spread out and it is more likely that at the beginning of a fight only one is visible. The Soldier that is the first to be seen is the takes all bullets from the enemy squad, that can bring him low at the beginning of the fight and most likely he dies way earlier than the others.
2. If some Soldiers of a Squad are behind Cover and others aren`t (like Trees), the Soldier that isn`t in Cover takes way more dmg and dies faster than his comrades.

Since this 2 Points doesn`t exist for squads in houses or trenches the engagements against them can feel different

Like I said, I`m just guessing.
15 Sep 2014, 17:17 PM

Houses are cover, plain and simple. Your units still target individual models, but only those at windows will be damaged by small arms fire (I'm not sure what the deal is with the non visible models but I'm sure they're all clumped up in the center of the building--but not visibly rendered there, hence why grenades are devastating against small buildings and meh against larger ones).

There is, in fact, a setting within each weapon (target_building_combat_slot; set to true or false) that will enable this specific targeting; you can turn it off for say, a tank, and that's why they'll randomly swivel around and shoot at random points on very large buildings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★