Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfers kinda suck

12 Sep 2014, 03:26 AM

Title says it all, this unit isn't particularly good. Ive been using it in team games and it is vastly outperformed by the Katusha due to several factors

1. Massive scatter, possibly the highest of any unit in game

2. Low Damage potential. It shoots less rockets and therefore can inflict less potential damage, firing all the rockets at once is nice, but vs AT guns and support weapons the quantity of the fire is more important than the rate.

3. Panzerwerfer tech is more expensive than Katusha tech in both manpower and fuel

They deffinatley need to be more potent to justify teching to tier 4 IMO. It needs a scatter reduction or more powerful rockets or both. Problems could arise if multiple werfers wipe squads but i think going spearhead and spamming mortar half tracks is probably a better way to get indirect firepower at the moment

You can get a tiger for heavy tanks instead of t4 but the panzerwerfer is the only rocket artillery germans can get and a primary reason why i would get T4 in the first place
Vaz
12 Sep 2014, 03:35 AM

They scatter a lot. Get closer and get squad wipes. Worked on my riflemen.
12 Sep 2014, 04:38 AM

I feel that Panzerwerfer is better against support units than Katyusha. As Vaz said, try to approach as much as you can to reduce scatter.
Unlike katyusha, you can shot the rockets and retreat fast, instead of waiting for all the barrages to be shot.

Even so, both units are rubbish with their long cooldown, their expensive teching and the shameful perfomance compared with OKW's walking Stuka. Make Pzwerfer only in team games or if you see a huge number of support units.
12 Sep 2014, 04:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

in a game today I had a Werfer barrage(to my surprise that people still built that damn thing) called directly on 2 somewhat clumped rifle squads. 2-3 guys die. I laugh at how terribad werfer is.

That same game another barrage,about 10-15 mins mins later,wiped an LT,and vetted rifle squad,with numerous other casualties from other nearby squads.

Then ended up being finished off by a follow up walking stuka barrage from his OKW friend..to completely decimate half me and my teammates army, German rocket arty aint no joke mang.
This was on Minsk Pocket North fuel right in that area in front of our base.
12 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

"Panzerwerfers kinda suck"

What else is new?
12 Sep 2014, 05:39 AM

Since the nerf back in March(? , this thing is the worst unit in COH history.
12 Sep 2014, 05:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Firing a pwerfer from max range is terrible, you really need to get close and then you can do some serious damage.
So i wouldnt say its bad, the range is just misleading :P
12 Sep 2014, 06:17 AM

Barring getting into AT gun range i do try to get as close as possible. It only seems to really be a worthwile purchase when i can use it on a retreat point though. Other than that i feel like just saving for a panther or brumbar wouldve been better. Or getting 2 mortar halftracks.

Its not good compared to other german options or soviet ones thats the biggest problem i think

Edit: you can actually get 4 mortar halftrakcs for less fuel than your first panzerwerfer
12 Sep 2014, 06:17 AM

Firing a pwerfer from max range is terrible, you really need to get close and then you can do some serious damage.

Yep, it's perfectly logical that I have to close in with an ARTILLERY unit to do a little damage :S. Katiusha for instance, doesn't have to be near the target to kill some models....
12 Sep 2014, 06:19 AM

I tried put werfer into Kubel range, werf into a blob, kills like, 2 dudes? :facepalm:
12 Sep 2014, 07:49 AM
Patrion 14

I like that werf is now a verb, totally using that.
12 Sep 2014, 10:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 06:19 AMPorygon

I tried put werfer into Kubel range, werf into a blob, kills like, 2 dudes? :facepalm:

Oh stop it with your silly hyperboles you always spout.
You say you missed a blob at the max range of a kubel which also happens to be the minium range of the werfer.
You actually managed to shoot at a blob with this radius and only kill 2 dudes?

12 Sep 2014, 10:41 AM

The main problem is that getting T4 is less appealing than rushing callins for both Sov and Ost.

The panzerwerfer (and kat.) has 160 health. I wouldnt move any of them into close range to use them at such a low health... So you have to use max range most of the time basically.

They should be buffed to 180, 240 or 320 like the rest of the light vehicles (m3, 222, halftracks)?? Even the kubel wagon has more health, this has clearly been overlooked :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★