Login

russian armor

Post patch analysis

11 Sep 2014, 19:52 PM

Hello all.

After about ten 4vs4 matches, we managed to win only 1 match on steppes only. Losing all others, even if 1 german dropped in 3 of those matches. Axis were always 2 OKW + OS, except one match where they where 3 ost + 1 okw.

Most matchs (8/10) where played on Lanzerath Ambush where normally we won most of the time...

All matches finished rather quickly. We managed to hold the city most of the time until the their tanks crush us. We always use fuel caches and were holding a bigger share of the territory most of the time.

They always got their tanks faster than us. Always. ((1) Jagdpanzer or Panthers and tigers) never saw a panzer IV in 10 match.

The new sturmtroopers seem to make a difference by killing our at-guns and destroying our defenses from behind. He was used in 8/10 match by at least 1 players.

Allies first phase advantage seem to be less preeminent. Axis infantry seem better at killing retreating squads. US infantry advantage seem rather gone.

The new Russian cmdr is nice, but the handicap of not having any good infantry is major. (no shocks or ppsh)

All match finished the same. Tigers + panthers (more that usual) crushed us. The longest match was about 30-40 min long.

I can say exactly why we've lost, was it the map ? We usually won the infantry war, but it was always short lived as tanks came fast to the rescue, hitting all sided of the maps with their great speed...

The Us mechanized cmrd's nerf ( WC51), removed one of the best option vs OKW in 4vs4 (sturm pio bloob) now he is rather lame.

Any one has an idea, that would help ? Are we alone at losing more than usual vs axis ? Relic ???

Thanks.

11 Sep 2014, 19:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I agree that the game feels much more balanced in the early game now. Presumably, this should be a good thing, but of course the axis late game is still far superior. That being said I haven't played much 4v4 at all.
11 Sep 2014, 19:58 PM

M 36 Jackson best AT option in the game imo, just babysit it the right way ...
11 Sep 2014, 20:17 PM

Perhaps play another 10 matches as Axis instead, to see what its like from that perspective, so when you switch back to Allies you will know intimately what it is you are up against?

Just a suggestion.
11 Sep 2014, 20:19 PM

M 36 Jackson best AT option in the game imo, just babysit it the right way ...

I presume you have never heard of jagdtiger?
11 Sep 2014, 20:38 PM

I presume you have never heard of jagdtiger?

he was talking of tigers and panthers, no mention of jagdtiger. But in a 4v4 at with teamspeak it isnt a big problem to swarm it from behind and take it out immediately
11 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

Problem is by the time the jacksons are build, the match is already lost or nearly... and on Lanzerath ambush the Jackson is not at is best. (buildings or woods)

Thanks
11 Sep 2014, 20:51 PM

Perhaps play another 10 matches as Axis instead, to see what its like from that perspective, so when you switch back to Allies you will know intimately what it is you are up against?

Just a suggestion.

We use to play allies so there is at least us on the allies side in auto-match and the challenge way better.

For us, German is the easy mode in 4vs4. (no punt intended).

Try the allies side plz, so we may have a chance to play axis if there is more allies players waiting. You will also get a better feeling of what we live consistently.

Thanks
11 Sep 2014, 20:53 PM

You completely missed my point.
11 Sep 2014, 20:56 PM

By "we" do you mean an arranged team, Or were you playing with publics? As publics can be really bad/disorganized. That and you can go on bad lose streaks - and win streaks. It can happen, be it bad luck, bad RNG or just bad play from you or an ally.
11 Sep 2014, 20:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You completely missed my point.

Which is a good point (IMO). :)

And ofc the game is currently balanced on 1v1 and 2v2.

Somebody recently suggested you might balance 3v3 and 4v4 differently - I can see why,but I am not going there.
11 Sep 2014, 20:59 PM

voltardark The Angry Bears specializes in larger game modes. We are experiencing the same frustrations when playing as Allied forces. When I play now I prefer Axis. In a 4v4 we have a KT out around the 14 minute mark. The Axis are just have superior commanders that work very well together. Add me to steam if you want to get involved in organized game play. Bears KovuTalli, LSDuffy, etc can help you learn Axis for sure.
11 Sep 2014, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 20:59 PMNapalm
voltardark The Angry Bears specializes in larger game modes. We are experiencing the same frustrations when playing as Allied forces. When I play now I prefer Axis. In a 4v4 we have a KT out around the 14 minute mark. The Axis are just have superior commanders that work very well together. Add me to steam if you want to get involved in organized game play. Bears KovuTalli, LSDuffy, etc can help you learn Axis for sure.

I will steam you. ;)

I may and will play Axis a bit, but i rather get better and win with Allies !!!! The euphoric feeling when we win is so awesome ! Also if we can make a great arranged allies team (4vs4)so we may have better chances to win.

The 4vs4 game mode is where that game really shine the most !!!

edit: We normally play eastern time around noon to 14h00, in the evening and all morning weekends (fri to sunday)

Thanks Napalm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS