Login

russian armor

P-47 Thunderbolt

12 Sep 2014, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 12:00 PMAradan
P-47 is right way, how fix US late game.

If you want to fix us lategame you have to give them new or other tanks, not a op ability which kills tanks and the enemy can't do shit against it.
12 Sep 2014, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 12:20 PMMoBo111

If you want to fix us lategame you have to give them new or other tanks, not a op ability which kills tanks and the enemy can't do shit against it.

In team games (4v4), we use two AA (Ostwind or OKW one), it work well, but sometimes shot down plane crashed on our units. :S :)
12 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM
Patrion 39

I was thinking about posting a thread about this too, glad I found this one. It's not that the rocket strike does too much damage for how much it costs. It's too good because it takes zero skill to use, and is just about guaranteed to hit. Every other call in strike in the game, be it artillery or aircraft, gives you a slight window of time for you to dodge. This ability is so easy to abuse because if an enemy tank is in the circle at the time it's called, it locks on and doesn't miss. That's cheesy, boring, and allows for no counter play, the same reason Guard's Button was nerfed, regardless of whether it was an overnerf or not.

It either needs to do fewer sweeps OR have a much smaller radius and keep the same number of sweeps OR greatly increase the damage and make it a single sweep "skill shot" ability much like the IL-2 (no homing at all). It's just way to easy to use for what it provides.
12 Sep 2014, 22:18 PM

Yeah, to be honest I agree with that, the ability now pretty much always pays for itself no matter how much AA is in the area and no matter if opponents do try to move out of it. Calling it in should require a bit more thought than "I see a tank, let's call this shit in, will be gud".

12 Sep 2014, 22:30 PM

It either needs a cost increase or a damage reduction.
Just compare it with the 37mm Stuka Strafe, taking out full health heavies is just insane - due the fact that the ability doesn't require any micro and it covers a huge area.
12 Sep 2014, 22:37 PM

I was thinking about posting a thread about this too, glad I found this one. It's not that the rocket strike does too much damage for how much it costs. It's too good because it takes zero skill to use, and is just about guaranteed to hit. Every other call in strike in the game, be it artillery or aircraft, gives you a slight window of time for you to dodge. This ability is so easy to abuse because if an enemy tank is in the circle at the time it's called, it locks on and doesn't miss. That's cheesy, boring, and allows for no counter play, the same reason Guard's Button was nerfed, regardless of whether it was an overnerf or not.

It either needs to do fewer sweeps OR have a much smaller radius and keep the same number of sweeps OR greatly increase the damage and make it a single sweep "skill shot" ability much like the IL-2 (no homing at all). It's just way to easy to use for what it provides.

How much skill does a jagdtiger take to use?

Turn on AT mode and let it 2 shot tanks through terrain
12 Sep 2014, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 22:37 PMArclyte

Why do you compare tanks with abilities?
13 Sep 2014, 00:13 AM

You do not get to whine about offmaps when you've got the strongest offmaps yourself.

Close the pocket, Scavenger 105, Assault Artillery. Several Axis commanders can click a button and a third of the map gets smashed with the fist of an angry god.
13 Sep 2014, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 00:13 AMArclyte
You do not get to whine about offmaps when you've got the strongest offmaps yourself.

Close the pocket, Scavenger 105, Assault Artillery. Several Axis commanders can click a button and a third of the map gets smashed with the fist of an angry god.

It should stay powerful, my general wish for the game is just that all the abilites are balanced cost wise. The 37mm stuka attack cost 240 munitions and is pretty bad compared to the p47 rockets.

You still derail, referring to abilites and units that are not discussed here and have nothing to do with the balance of this ability.
13 Sep 2014, 00:40 AM
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 22:37 PMArclyte

You have to save up 280 or so FU as OKW and also have to have LoS since Jagd doesn't have self forward sighting. P-47 is an instant, no micro, self sighting strike that is essentially a "delete heavy" button.
13 Sep 2014, 01:40 AM

Allied need a stronger late game! YES!
But not in this way ... it just does not make fun, I put already an alarm clock - "whew, now he has cooldown, now I can finally attack!"
Vaz
13 Sep 2014, 03:10 AM

Compared to the first two factions arty, I really don't like a lot of the abilities in WFA. I think the p47 is the least of the bad though. The ones that really get me are the ones that home in on units and rapid fire until they are destroyed. That video from hans stream was pretty unfair though. Mark target + p47 destroyed half health jagdT. There must have been two rockets that hit, because even with mark target it wouldn't do that much damage at 80 damage for one rocket. It had to be two.
13 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

I did not know that the ability contains two airplanes now?
I played a 2 v 2 yesterday against a US + SOV team and in the end game there were 3 enemy planes on the map at once. One was a Soviet Mark Target plane and the other two were P47 simultaneously firing at my Tigers.
And this happened twice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS