Login

russian armor

Ninja changes for 9.9 patch

PAGES (8)down
Only Relic postRelic 11 Sep 2014, 01:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 09:14 AMCruzz
I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm sure vetlolcake will have an orgasm to rival an atomic bomb when he sees that first line, but people should know what sneaky things Relic has been doing. I fully expect them to hotfix the first line, but the question is how many days later.

82mm/120mm/Maxim/DSHK squads no longer have a 25% received accuracy penalty.

Paratrooper vet2 accuracy bonus from 1.25 to 1.4
Irregular/Partisan LMG nerfed ~12% (same as the other LMGs, except these didn't get nerfed at short range)
Raketenwerfer exp requirements for vet doubled
Button rate of fire reduction only 25% (patch notes say 56%)
Volk Schrek base accuracy nerfed to 0.025/0.0375/0.05 (from 0.03/0.0425/0.055), PG schrek accuracy was this already.
Vehicle stun effect duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds (affects: sturmtiger, ostheer puma, pak40/43 stun rounds, elefant, stug e/g, stuart)
Terror officer aura further reduced slightly from 0.87 reload to 0.91 reload for weapon teams.
Ostheer Command Tank aura now applies to all allied units, previously only your own
Captain On Me ability buff changed from 1.2 damage to 1.2 accuracy
OKW PIV exp required increased by 10%
Recon Commander Paratroopers: Healing added to vet2 (like normal paras)
Captain & Lieutenant Thompson nerfed down to Paratrooper Thompson stats (so 50% lower damage though with the new improved range)
Soviet Combat Engineer build time increased from 4.25 to 4.5, manpower cost from 42.5 to 45 (so squad cost 170 --> 180, reinforce cost 21-->22)
Weapon Rack M1919 costs 70 muni (up from 60)

Fixed soviet weapon teams not getting received accuracy mods in recent hotfix
Button does in fact get 1.56 reload mods; there are two 1.25 mods that get applied
Vehicle stun is still 5 seconds, We made a unique critical that just the Stuart uses

The rest of Cruzz's post is fair game.
11 Sep 2014, 01:30 AM

Fixed soviet weapon teams not getting received accuracy mods in recent hotfix
Button does in fact get 1.56 reload mods; there are two 1.25 mods that get applied
Vehicle stun is still 5 seconds, We made a unique critical that just the Stuart uses

The rest of Cruzz's post is fair game.

Oh so you guys CAN hotfix things without taking a week to do so.

Well how about reverting that Sturmpioneer nerf eh?
11 Sep 2014, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 01:30 AMSierra

Its hard to admit, but...

Wunderwaffen t0 units being toned down was on purpose.
11 Sep 2014, 01:38 AM

Its hard to admit, but...

Wunderwaffen t0 units being toned down was on purpose.

Can you not be an exaggerative punkass while saying that?

Sturmpioneers were really the only saving grace of the OKW early game who now just simply get shit on. Case closed, GG No:RE.
11 Sep 2014, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 01:30 AMSierra

Hotfixes are for bugs, unintended changes and game-breaking balance issues. Balance stuff goes through the normal testing process. Sturmpios slightly underperforming (if it even is) doesn't need a hotfix.
11 Sep 2014, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 01:38 AMSierra

Sturmpioneers were really the only saving grace of the OKW early game who now just simply get shit on. Case closed, GG No:RE.

Can you be grateful for what you have?
11 Sep 2014, 01:43 AM

Hotfixes are for bugs, unintended changes and game-breaking balance issues. Balance stuff goes through the normal testing process. Sturmpios slightly underperforming (if it even is) doesn't need a hotfix.

How about dat Katyusha overbuff hmm?

Or the new American Assault Engineer overbuff hmmm?

"That would be assault engineers from USF Armor doctrine. 0 cp, zero build time, twice as good at sturmpios in every aspect, far cheaper."

Can you be grateful for what you have?

What exactly do OKW have? Sturmpioneers that perform sub-par, Volksgrenadiers that are shittier than conscripts and american rifles at all ranges. Kubelwagens that die when the wind blows? Raketenwerfers that die when a T-34 sneezes at them?

The Overpriced and underperforming ISG? The overpriced Jagdpanzer? The MG-34 that got nerfed while the Maxim still maintains its stupidly overpowered position and gets spammed EVERYWHERE despite conscripts and Soviet core infantry receiving some buffs along with their nerfs?

No I should be grateful for what I have... oh wait.. that's nothing.

On the flipside, why the fuck should Axis players be "Grateful for what they have" when Allied players NEVER are?
11 Sep 2014, 01:47 AM

A lot of that is false.

I never thought implementation of ridiculously overpowered units with superior infantry was not enough for some people.

Play some 4v4.

I only play OKW these days, and the only units i see fielded by Soviets are cheese units. If you were to play as Soviets, you would realize you throw away half your tiering structure for callins amd cheese units. Not fun to play with or against.

I am surprised i didnt hear any sympathy for Ostheer. They are getting raped by riflemen.
11 Sep 2014, 01:57 AM

A lot of that is false.

I never thought implementation of ridiculously overpowered units with superior infantry was not enough for some people.

Play some 4v4.

COH2 is not balanced around team vs games.

11 Sep 2014, 02:01 AM

COH2 is not balanced around team vs games.

Never said they were.

The more players in the game, the better Axis play, but in 1v1/2v2, Allies usually win. Thats why i offered the alternative.

Just nevermind, Relic will do their own thing.
11 Sep 2014, 02:05 AM

Never said they were.

The more players in the game, the better Axis play, but in 1v1/2v2, Allies usually win. Thats why i offered the alternative.

Just nevermind, Relic will do their own thing.

So by that logic, if Sturmpioneers are now crap, how the hell are OKW or Ostheer, or Germans as a whole supposed to compete?

Case Closed.
11 Sep 2014, 02:16 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 01:38 AMSierra

Try the kubel.
11 Sep 2014, 02:18 AM

Don't bother arguing with Sierra, he's almost Vetlolcake level of delusional.
11 Sep 2014, 02:22 AM

Don't bother arguing with Sierra, he's almost Vetlolcake level of delusional.
No one deserves that insult.
11 Sep 2014, 02:27 AM

Try the kubel.

Already explained why the Kubel isn't viable.
11 Sep 2014, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 02:05 AMSierra

So by that logic, if Sturmpioneers are now crap, how the hell are OKW or Ostheer, or Germans as a whole supposed to compete?

Case Closed.

Nice job trying to evade a real interrogation. Anyways, your post history is very interesting. Arguing with everyone who disagrees with you, even mods.

You defend Sturmpioneers as if you relied on them as your only spammable infantry. Speak less arrogantly, and perhaps you wont be as transparent.
11 Sep 2014, 02:32 AM

Nice job trying to evade a real interrogation. Anyways, your post history is very interesting. Arguing with everyone who disagrees with you, even mods.

You defend Sturmpioneers as if you relied on them as your only spammable infantry. Speak less arrogantly, and perhaps you wont be as transparent.

I relied on them as my only RELIABLE close/mid range infantry. Never built more than one extra squad aside from the starting squad.

That's the overall problem though, the Axis as a whole don't have any strong or reliable mid/close range squads to deal with the Allies in mid/close range combat. Fallschirmjaeger are far too frail outside of cover to do that job. Panzergrenadiers are... well have been pathetic for quite some time. Sturmpioneers were doing that job well in spades up until this recent nerf to them.

Jaeger Light Infantry were okay but without grenades never truly shined...

So tell me what exactly should Axis use for mid/close quarters?
11 Sep 2014, 02:33 AM

No one deserves that insult.

I call em like I see em

Check out the official forums if you'd like a sample
11 Sep 2014, 02:36 AM

I call em like I see em

Check out the official forums if you'd like a sample

So because I don't fall into the quintessential "Nazi hating" Allied fanboy mentality of "everything German is OP and must die" I'm labeled as delusional?
11 Sep 2014, 02:38 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 02:27 AMSierra

Already explained why the Kubel isn't viable.

not a good explanation, Kubel is viable.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS