Login

russian armor

About the patch details

10 Sep 2014, 04:43 AM

So...uh...what does any of the patch details mean? I don't exactly understand all of the jargons being used.

For example, what does it mean when the Conscripts near is changed from 4 to 0? Does it mean they no longer have a "near" accuracy?

What is a cooldown for a weapon? Isn't that just reload and aim?

Ostruppen got a 1.25 accuracy modifier now. What was it before it was added? Is that a nerf or a improvement?
10 Sep 2014, 06:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

For example, what does it mean when the Conscripts near is changed from 4 to 0? Does it mean they no longer have a "near" accuracy?

Let's take conscript as example. They use the mosin nagant as rifle which has 3 different accuracies, same as every other weapon, near, mid and far. Accuracy is the highest at near (0.45) and the lowest at far (0.3). Using three different sets of accuracies means you dont have linear DPS values but can make a weapon excel at certain ranges. You do this by changing the value of the n/m/f values. Previously the mosin nagant had no accuracy drop off between 0 and 4 so they had the same dps, now the N accuracy begins at 0 meaning they do lose accuracy between 0 and 4 ranges already.
What is a cooldown for a weapon? Isn't that just reload and aim?

I'm not experienced enough in the exact way DPS get's calculated but units take aim, shoot and cooldown. Reload happens after firing a full magazine. Conscripts shoot on average 8.5 bullets before reloading for example.

Ostruppen got a 1.25 accuracy modifier now. What was it before it was added? Is that a nerf or a improvement?

You mean a received accuracy? I don't think they had any before. It simply means every unit shoots 25% more accurate at them. So it's a nerf, they will be worse damage sponges now but they will deal more damage now.

If you want to learn about understanding values I suggest checking out this spreadsheet made by wooof. It might be a bit outdated now but if you copy the spreadsheet and scroll down a bit you can see the dps at different ranges. Now you can change the near value of conscripts from 4 to 0 and you can see how much of an impact it has on DPS. Very useful!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★