Login

russian armor

Conscripts post 9/9 patch

10 Sep 2014, 00:19 AM

What happens now when you merge conscripts with another squad?
Do the new squad retain the new 1.087 received accuracy?

If that is the case, even merge has been nerfed. (Congrats Cannonade :thumb: )

EDIT: What does it means this? Near range distance from 4 to 0
There is no near range for conscripts?
10 Sep 2014, 00:20 AM

it's the model you merge into squad, if you for example merge cons with shock, you will get Ppsh but with cons health and armour
10 Sep 2014, 00:20 AM

I guess merge was way too op
10 Sep 2014, 00:23 AM

it's the model you merge into squad, if you for example merge cons with shock, you will get Ppsh but with cons health and armour

But the conscripts merged with the socks will retain their received accuracy of 1.087? Or it will be back to 1? I was being told that once merged they retain all their conscript stats except the weapon.

If they retain it, it won't be useful to merge with penals or guards anymore, because once merged these squads will receive even more damage.
10 Sep 2014, 01:20 AM
Benefactor 115

the modifier applies to the squad not the entities, merging is the same as it was.
10 Sep 2014, 01:36 AM
Donator 11

Near range distance is the distance where dps of the weapon reaches it's peak and closing in more won't increase it. Changing it means that even at closest ranges the closest you are to the enemy the better for your cons. As this is first unit stat I see with 0 near range distance you will still gain dps by closing in while the squad you face will have it set to maximum and wan't benefit from it. Thats the theory, but on the other hand they didn't give cons more close range damage so they will shoot on 0 meters just like they were before but at for example 4 meters their dps will be worse than before patch, the whole dps curve has gone slightly down.
10 Sep 2014, 01:44 AM

oh so it is even better to close the distance now? that is good, bu i hate the received accuracy nerf. It seems silly that they are going to be better at mid/close range, yet will take more damage. SMG and close range units are also better overall so i see this as somewhat a nerf to cons
10 Sep 2014, 02:02 AM
Donator 11

The reason to these changes is that basic infantry of every faction was over performing, con/gren/volk/rifle spam was a viable choice for every army in game so they made all kinds of basic infantry worse than before, making heavy infantry better ie. pzgrens, penals, shocks, sturmpioniers and so on. Also they defined bthe role of the squad on the field better now than before, should make first, most important 5 minutes of a game much more interesting.
10 Sep 2014, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the answers.

It seems that now cons must hug their enemies to give their best.
Although I think the received accuracy changed was absolutely unnecesary. At least Relic should decrease their reinforcement cost if they are going to die faster.
10 Sep 2014, 04:56 AM

I had only two games so far and tried cons out and I get the impression, that they drop faster than they used to. But I had too few games to make sure.
10 Sep 2014, 11:42 AM

They also hit harder than before.
10 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM
Benefactor 115

because I'm nice

10 Sep 2014, 12:18 PM

Great Ipkai, could you do the same in my Sturmpio squad.
Although cons got a dps buff, they are more squishy now thus sniper and maxim spam is more effective.

Cons need further buffs to overcome the soviet problem.
10 Sep 2014, 12:23 PM

The reason to these changes is that basic infantry of every faction was over performing, con/gren/volk/rifle spam was a viable choice for every army in game so they made all kinds of basic infantry worse than before, making heavy infantry better ie. pzgrens, penals, shocks, sturmpioniers and so on. Also they defined bthe role of the squad on the field better now than before, should make first, most important 5 minutes of a game much more interesting.

And what are the USF heavy infantry again?
10 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:23 PMAvNY

+1000

don't matter...you still can win the fight with the useless howies and M8 against infantrie ...
and if you reach the late game you can spam your heavis against a panther with more armor than a tiger...
10 Sep 2014, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:23 PMAvNY

And how much better are sturmpios again ? Lol
11 Sep 2014, 14:36 PM

Conscripts do little more dps but man they look so weak, they die so fast... they are so bad, more than before o_o

the only way now is:

maxim/sniper -> shocks CP 2
11 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM

They feel better against Sturmpios I think.
Only Relic postRelic 11 Sep 2014, 16:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just to be clear, the Sturmpioneer along with every other infantry unit did not see a value change. They are worth the same, their stats were just optimized to better reflect their intended functionality. i.e. Sturmpioneers lost damage for durability. The idea is that when they close into an enemy unit, they receive less damage, therefore increasing the likelihood of having a whole squad over a partial squad. Their short-mid range damage output is already high enough in most cases that the reduction in damage that was applied will not result in the squad losing the given engagement.
11 Sep 2014, 16:23 PM

Overall I think they feel better. You need to treat them with kid gloves and get them in cover, but they no longer need to hug the enemy to do damage, so you can more easily use them in a support role alongside Maxims or vehicles. Once vet 3 they are actually half decent now, doing respectable damage for their cost. You still need doctrinal infantry to do the heavy lifting, but they are a bit less dead weight late game.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS