Login

russian armor

USF AT abilty.

8 Sep 2014, 12:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 04:17 AMGreeb
It doesn't matter that your tank hunters and ATguns are better than the enemy's, if he can receive twice as damage as you.

More variables factor into the balance besides health and damage, all of the American vehicles can decrew and repair quickly and anywhere to allow them to potentially be back to full force before the enemy has finished repairing.
8 Sep 2014, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 12:35 PMTobis

More variables factor into the balance besides health and damage, all of the American vehicles can decrew and repair quickly and anywhere to allow them to potentially be back to full force before the enemy has finished repairing.

Even so, they need something to spearhead an attack. Even a piece of crap like it was US Crocodile in vCoH was useful to lure some Pak shots.

8 Sep 2014, 22:21 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 14:26 PMGreeb

Even so, they need something to spearhead an attack. Even a piece of crap like it was US Crocodile in vCoH was useful to lure some Pak shots.

Sherman and M8 Scott both have the smoke barrage ability for spearheading and flanking.

Easy 8 and Dozer Sherman are the damage sponges.

M18 Hellcat could out maneuver Panthers and have a much better ROF than M36 Jackson.
8 Sep 2014, 22:25 PM

id trade crews, and jackson for a spamm-able pershing any day!

But replace m36 with 80 fuel m18 hellcat
Do you really want a tank destroyer with super thin armour?

5-25mm armour. That's just an inch. It won't even stop the Ostwind from tearing a new a******.
8 Sep 2014, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 22:25 PMsteel
Do you really want a tank destroyer with super thin armour?

5-25mm armour. That's just an inch. It won't even stop the Ostwind from tearing a new a******.

Because we know that relic always implements super realistic stats, right?
8 Sep 2014, 22:55 PM

Because we know that relic always implements super realistic stats, right?
Normally they do. Look at the 57mm. Without the HVAP they can't do much against Tigers.
9 Sep 2014, 00:51 AM

I just want a good commander with a sherman jumbo. A dedicated tanking unit is all i ask...
9 Sep 2014, 01:00 AM

I'd like the Pershing in a doctrine. :D
Vaz
9 Sep 2014, 02:56 AM

I just got WFA on the GMG sale and I'm already disjointed USF doesn't have mines. This makes it really hard to prevent some of these low hp units alive like ambulance. 1 hit from a tank and it's done.
9 Sep 2014, 03:11 AM

While playing US, i got so many vet2 inf + baz squad wipes last evening.... panthers did it, tigers did it and even panzers iv did it. Bazooka squads did nearly nothing to them....in cover or not... i need advices.

thanks.
9 Sep 2014, 03:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

While playing US, i got so many vet2 inf + baz squad wipes last evening.... panthers did it, tigers did it and even panzers iv did it. Bazooka squads did nearly nothing to them....in cover or not... i need advices.

thanks.

Bazookas are decent vs. OKW since they have a larger roster of light vehicles, which they use for longer (till the end of the game for those that stick to mech+medic HQs only). Against Wehr it probably isn't worth it unless you're facing a lot of 222s (unlikely). i'd think it better to spend the munitions on M20 mines when fighting that faction.
9 Sep 2014, 13:36 PM

Bazookas are decent vs. OKW since they have a larger roster of light vehicles, which they use for longer (till the end of the game for those that stick to mech+medic HQs only). Against Wehr it probably isn't worth it unless you're facing a lot of 222s (unlikely). i'd think it better to spend the munitions on M20 mines when fighting that faction.

Thank you.
9 Sep 2014, 17:02 PM

The issue lies with the stratagem of each faction.

The Americans require far more finesse than the two Axis factions, who's motto is, comparatively, 'I POINT THIS HUGE METAL THING AT YOU YOU DIE NAOW!!!'

With the USF, you can fend off Axis armor, but you basically need at least 4 ATGs on the field at a time, paired up in a buddy system, in order to achieve the same overmatching "F OFF" effect--unless you have a pair of them with APDS rounds popped, any Axis vehicle that's not a 222, StuG, or Puma will simply drive up to you and derp the crew. With a pair of ATGs, and, hopefully the Captain (quickly becoming one of my most favorite units), you can force them off.

The issue then becomes fending off the inevitable Ober horde; unless you have a 2:1 ratio of dual LMG'd Rifles/AB present for each Ober, you won't be able to force them off and retain enough bodies to meatshield a second attack (assuming you don't have a Doge [ ;) ] ambulance nearby).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★