Login

russian armor

US blob (no LMGs) vs 3 X MG34s - Kappa

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
7 Sep 2014, 04:54 AM

Permanently Banned
And relic wants to nerf Axis LMG's ?

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/97330-3-stacked-mg34s-lose-to-blob/page3

Like i said all along prior to my ban for expressing my opinion. Allied blobs of shocks, Guards and Rifles are a complete joke.

The american player didnt even have LMGs, Rifles are simply an absolute OP joke.

And now relic wants to nerf Axis LMGs to add insult to injury. It will simply make Allies dominate the game they already roflstomp atm.

Seems relic want allies to no even attack move anymore, but rather just move and win.

If 3 MG-34s isnt enough. Then what chance does Kubelshitwagon have? Please just delete this unit for the game. Zero scale-ability and just a waste of resources.

But lets all put our faith in relic to nerf Axis LMGs so we can get stormed by shocks, Cons Spam and rifles.

DW we have Volks and Grens and Pgs to do the job. LOL

Cue allied players saying this is perfectly fine and use walking stuka as a solution to everything, even world starvation. Stuka doesnt even squad wipe anymore.
7 Sep 2014, 05:06 AM

Already went into this on the official forum, but to summarize:

OP describes how he blobbed 3 MG34s together without any other support to stop a group of about 4 rifleman squad.

OP complains that the blob of riflemen defeated his blob of unsupported MG34s.

It turns out blobbing MG34s and not using any other units is not a good strategy against anything.

Fascinating News. I guess I will have to adjust my Luftwaffe Ground Forces build order.
7 Sep 2014, 05:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Already went into this on the official forum, but to summarize:

OP describes how he blobbed 3 MG34s together without any other support to stop a group of about 4 rifleman squad.

OP complains that the blob of riflemen defeated his blob of unsupported MG34s.

It turns out blobbing MG34s and not using any other units is not a good strategy against anything.

Fascinating News. I guess I will have to adjust my Luftwaffe Ground Forces build order.

So you are saying that 3 MG34s is not enough to supress a blob of infantry.

Correct me if im wrong but it took tanks, flanking, smoke and cover to dislodge a headon-infantry rush in WWII. This took hours if not days to action.

But good old relic, proving again that they give no fucks about Axis troop durability allows a head-on face rush of modern machine guns at the time. with a fire of up to 1700 rounds a minute for the late model MG34.

had the american player had LMGs it would have devoured any axis troops in addition to the 3 LMGs. it makes no difference and you know it. Similarly Shocks which alreayd have 1.5 armor get smoke, while assault grens and PGs just melt and have no such smoke grenade. Seems fair.

OK mate.

But hey at least maxims actually damage troops and gives no shits with its 6 man squad. Lets not also talk aobut how ridiculous they become when they are put in buildings. NON-DOCTRINAL. Seems fair.
7 Sep 2014, 05:18 AM

Look closely at the screenshot. It suppressed them just fine. It didn't kill them because MGs aren't designed to actually kill anything in this game, so despite suffering suppression, the blob of rifelmen killed the blob of MGs.

Maxims? Nothing to do with this. They may or may not be broken, but that's a red herring.

If your problem is that the Maxim is too much better than start a thread about that.

This ridiculous example of how NOT to use the MG34 proves nothing.
7 Sep 2014, 05:21 AM

Permanently Banned
RELIC WILL NURF ALL LMG'S
7 Sep 2014, 05:23 AM

Permanently Banned
Look closely at the screenshot. It suppressed them just fine. It didn't kill them because MGs aren't designed to actually kill anything in this game, so despite suffering suppression, the blob of rifelmen killed the blob of MGs.

Maxims? Nothing to do with this. They may or may not be broken, but that's a red herring.

If your problem is that the Maxim is too much better than start a thread about that.

This ridiculous example of how NOT to use the MG34 proves nothing.

Incorrect. It proves that axis HMGs are inefficient and ineffective in dealing with ALLIED blobs and they only way to stop them is to reach go for artillery which allows Allies to tranition tech and tanks faster than axis AND Axis infantry cannot match the overall quality, cost effectiveness and attrition rate of allied infantry.
7 Sep 2014, 05:24 AM

Permanently Banned
RELIC WILL NURF ALL LMG'S

Yep then everyone will leave the game as allied spam will rape everything.
7 Sep 2014, 05:25 AM

Permanently Banned

DUDE. I DONT THINK U UNDERSTAND ALL FACTION LMG'S ARE GETTING LOOKED AT. NOT JUST AXIS
7 Sep 2014, 05:32 AM

7 Sep 2014, 05:33 AM

Permanently Banned

DUDE. I DONT THINK U UNDERSTAND ALL FACTION LMG'S ARE GETTING LOOKED AT. NOT JUST AXIS

First. No need for caps.

I know all LMGs are being looked at. But What im saying is. Allied troops have no need for LMGs as shown by con/spam, Guards, Shocks. Nerfing LMGs will break axis more because they rely on these to take out shocks (even though they dont do much atm) and superior squad sizes. AKA, any lmg nerf will hurt axis alot more and we all know allied spam is already too effective vs axis.
7 Sep 2014, 05:40 AM

Permanently Banned

First. No need for caps.

I know all LMGs are being looked at. But What im saying is. Allied troops have no need for LMGs as shown by con/spam, Guards, Shocks. Nerfing LMGs will break axis more because they rely on these to take out shocks (even though they dont do much atm) and superior squad sizes. AKA, any lmg nerf will hurt axis alot more and we all know allied spam is already too effective vs axis.

If you dont know how to counter Guards, Shocks, Con spam?

LEARN HOW TO PLAY.....
7 Sep 2014, 06:12 AM

1st mg with 1 man, 2nd vet1 half hp, third behind building without blob los. Ofc, no spotters.

So, yes, rifle blob can kill 1 half dead mg34 without any cover bonuses. What a surprise.

Speaking of mgs, mg 42 need some kind of buff (ironically best mg of the war is worst one in the game), also relic should make gunner invulnerable or something to prevent rng gunner-killing, which gives enemy squad enough time to close and finish mg. Overall infantry long-range dps reduction should also help.
7 Sep 2014, 06:14 AM

Wasn't OP banned?

Btw:

1) LMG nerf will affect all factions.

2) Axis infantry is way better than allied infantry. Stop crying.

3) Con/Guard spam being an issue for anyone. Lol.
7 Sep 2014, 06:25 AM

The video was completely ridiculous and shows the power of the rifle blob,however i think they were able to do this mainly because - all the 4 lead squads were vet 3 rifles which made very very durable.I still think taking 3 mgs head on is shit,whatever veterancy it may be.
7 Sep 2014, 07:38 AM

That's not a fair comparison.

The US blob was worth way more mp, and HMGs mainly just suppress at low vet.

The HMGs were on low health and spammed. The OKW had no combined arms. Weapon crew have a received accuracy modifier, and OKW just used the HMGs to soak/deal dmg. There should've been volks etc.

Looks like some of the US inf went in and threw in a nade too possibly.
7 Sep 2014, 07:46 AM

you do know that blobbing mgs up makes them easier to hit right? :\ so there's something called spread out your damn mgs. Second of all a 4v4 match is not a good example of balance since we all know its a spamfest cause you can spam fuel caches and pull out everything then throw them away.
7 Sep 2014, 07:56 AM

Permanently Banned
That's not a fair comparison.

The US blob was worth way more mp, and HMGs mainly just suppress at low vet.

The HMGs were on low health and spammed. The OKW had no combined arms. Weapon crew have a received accuracy modifier, and OKW just used the HMGs to soak/deal dmg. There should've been volks etc.

Looks like some of the US inf went in and threw in a nade too possibly.

That somehow justifies a blind attack move against 3 MGs and wiping them out. No tactics, nothing. Ok mate.
Vaz
7 Sep 2014, 08:00 AM

I originally thought this was about lmg 34 haha. So a blob killed 3 weapon teams? So what? I bet they got suppressed too. Take the same MP worth of that blob, invest in Obers and attack move on allied infantry. Just doing that nothing will stop them. I have single ober squads take out my maxim from the front with no cover. As soon as the first gunner dies, the other 5 die single file without firing a shot. So I don't get how this argument proves axis specifically is weak at all(because they aren't). Sounds like your problem is part l2p by whoever played and partly a problem with how effective HMG's are in this game. I have this feeling your ok with mg34/42 buff but not maxim/.50 cal buff though, right?
7 Sep 2014, 08:44 AM

I see 6 inf units including 2 airborne, most of which are vet 3. There's no problem here. This is like complaining about a 4 squad vetted volks blob supported by multiple Obers running straight through multiple 50 cals which, by the way, they will do with no problems whatsoever.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting from non-vetted MGs vs almost 2000 MP/500 muni worth of (vetted) inf.
7 Sep 2014, 09:23 AM

That somehow justifies a blind attack move against 3 MGs and wiping them out. No tactics, nothing. Ok mate.

He placed the MGs poorly, left them unsupported and targetted only 1 squad of the 6 squad blob with his MGs. Look at the screenshots. Furthermore, just because the squad has a bazooka icon doesn't mean they couldn't also have been equipped with BARs or M1919s.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS