Login

russian armor

Panther and tier 4

9 Sep 2014, 04:31 AM

What's the rational for them cost the same but the OKW getting a better one? Ost panther having Blitzkrieg?

Just seems like a weird decision to me.
9 Sep 2014, 04:40 AM

both have blitz
9 Sep 2014, 04:42 AM

OKW Panther is more accurate at far range IIRC. It also has better MGs, and it shows.
9 Sep 2014, 04:48 AM

if the cost of the panther needs to decrease in fuel than there should be an increase in manpower costs, don't forget that. However, I'm all for buffing the Panther slightly, I don't get why the thing misses so often. It was fine with the 520 mp and 165 fuel it had before I don't know why Relic changed it.
9 Sep 2014, 04:50 AM

Two of three things need to happen:

-Reduction in cost, presumably fuel. Manpower cost is one thing, but pop cap as it is in automatch maps, it's not so much an issue.
-Increase in accuracy, at long range, while moving, or against stationary targets. Preferably across the board.
-Increase of frontal armor (potentially with a decrease to rear armor). Mobile maneuvering exposing the rear would be panther's main gamble, but the panthers would prevail in a slug out match with another medium tank.

Those are my thoughts on the matter of the Ostheer panther.
9 Sep 2014, 06:43 AM

Two of three things need to happen:

-Reduction in cost, presumably fuel. Manpower cost is one thing, but pop cap as it is in automatch maps, it's not so much an issue.
-Increase in accuracy, at long range, while moving, or against stationary targets. Preferably across the board.
-Increase of frontal armor (potentially with a decrease to rear armor). Mobile maneuvering exposing the rear would be panther's main gamble, but the panthers would prevail in a slug out match with another medium tank.

Those are my thoughts on the matter of the Ostheer panther.

Fuel cost yes.
Accuracy,obvious otherwise all its other stats are useless coz it misses half the time.Just nerf the range because it never hits anything at that range.
No we don't need anymore frontal armor on this glorified meatshield,just slapping more and more useless armor when its a dud without any killing power.We need accuracy and DPS.No one buys an elite stock tank that has less dps than the general medium tank and also nearly no AI.Just a mobile armoured box moving around the battlefield once in a while firing wildly with a drunk gunner.
9 Sep 2014, 08:15 AM

if they make any changes to decrease panther cost or buff it, it needs to be in tandem with requiring tech for call in tanks.
9 Sep 2014, 09:32 AM

What's the rational for them cost the same but the OKW getting a better one? Ost panther having Blitzkrieg?

Just seems like a weird decision to me.

Maybe because OKW has reduced fuel income?

Anyway, apparently they are supposed to be different versions of the Panther (Ostheer having the Panther A, OKW Panther G), so that explains also history-wise different stats (although in reality they had different differences than in the game). It would be good to indicate that in their name in the game as well so people see they are different without looking on some stats pages.
9 Sep 2014, 10:41 AM

No difference.

Wrong.

See Strummingbirds comperehensive comparison between OKW and Ost Panther variants.
9 Sep 2014, 10:45 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 13
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak