Login

russian armor

Commanders & Early game munitions

13 Apr 2013, 20:15 PM

Does anyone else think that the current commanders are badly missing an early munitions ability; as in something that you pop around the 5-8 minute mark to try and swing an engagement or break a position as per strafing run, off-map arty, FTFL?

I find that at the moment I end up banking quite a bit of munitions with no decent way to spend it other than sticking a flamer thrower on everything or spamming grenades/at abilities. I also quite like how with CoH1 you could pop a doctrine to get that early game win with a special ability but at the cost of having your doctrine countered by your opponent.
13 Apr 2013, 20:27 PM

yea, CoH2 needs lot of awesum abilities, that improves combat efficiency of your troops
13 Apr 2013, 20:53 PM

Currently CoH2 has no commander abilities that leads to early/mid-game situations like these:

"Great, I just got 3 cps and 150 munitions, now I'll drop offmap on his position!"
"Argh I need AT, give me AT-drop now!"
"Oh **** I'm getting flanked, I'll prop-war him / use FTFL!" or
"I need a vehicle now, gimme that StuH!"
13 Apr 2013, 21:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

But if you're ever halfway through a game and you say to yourself "wow I really hope that when I tech up to tier 4 I can buy a really expensive tank" then CoH 2 is the game for you!
16 Apr 2013, 09:39 AM

I never had problems with spending munitions since I play with Jaeger Infantry Axis Commander in most cases and I create lots of standard grenadiers.

One grenadier can take an MG for 60, Ambush ability for 30 and Jager rifles for 60 thats a total of 150 munitions per Jaeger Grenadier. Very expensive but they kill conscripts by the dozens. By the time I get to artillery barrage I usually don't have lots of munitions left so I stop upgrading then to save some.

Plus I would not like to have an artillery strike on level 1. That could lead to way too easy rush possibilities to be healthy.
16 Apr 2013, 12:42 PM

I feel like there are several ways to spend munitions early, but you don't have to, so its just a decision you can make. Units have individual abilities, mines, some small upgrades that can keep your munitions low until you unlock bigger things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 685
Netherlands 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak