Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadier needs a buff

8 Sep 2014, 13:48 PM

It may be weird but I have more kills with them when compare to schock. Still, they come with truck with assault grens doctrine and then they can smash everything. Just drive behind enemy lines and stop truck close to at, mg, mortars. Even if you stop truck next to inf, they will melt every squad. Risky tactic but big risk, big win.
8 Sep 2014, 14:03 PM

I don't mind PGrens being buffed, but they should be able to buy only one panzerschreck.

It's unfair having a non-doctrinal unit that can excel both as AI and AT unit. Make them a good AI unit that can lose a bit of efficiency in exchange of some AT power.
8 Sep 2014, 15:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I think they are fine. Its just the current state of lmg's limit their ability to excel
8 Sep 2014, 16:07 PM

I think PanzerGrens are fine as is.(Long as you keep em' healed)
8 Sep 2014, 16:14 PM
Patrion 14

The reason Panzergrens were given the double Schreck upgrade instead of the single one was that they were terminators with 3 assault rifles and 1 Schreck, and were extremely blobbable. Remember, this was before damage profiles and small arms lethality increase, and they had armour (1.5 at first then 1.2 IIRC)

In other words, the meta has changed so much since vCoH2 Alpha last year when that change was made, that I honestly think any reasons for double schrecks are long gone. I think it would be perfectly fine if Schrecks were bought one at a time at 60 ammo increments.

In fact, I think this would be a very solid fix for the current Panzergren problem. Maybe I am wrong because Ostheer is my least played faction.
8 Sep 2014, 16:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vet1: give them -10% Receive accuracy
Vet2: give them -23% Receive Accuracy

Note: numbers are just an aproximation of what they receive at vet2.

8 Sep 2014, 16:57 PM

Barely beat rifles,even conscripts can bleed them..some terminators ..lol.This wouldn't be such a major issue if wehrmacht had other infantry options..they don't.So you have 1 line infantry unit for a whole faction.
8 Sep 2014, 19:45 PM

Barely beat rifles,even conscripts can bleed them..some terminators ..lol.This wouldn't be such a major issue if wehrmacht had other infantry options..they don't.So you have 1 line infantry unit for a whole faction.

When people refer to them as terminators, they are referring to the days before the small arms fire changes. This was a time when you could select your 4 man panzergrenadier squad, run into a conscript squad and wipe them out without taking losses.

In any case, you can cut the 1 infantry faction. Indeed they have few infantry, and half of their infantry call-ins are just their regular units in a halftrack, but the ostheer has something the other factions don't have: all support weapons all the time for a low tech cost. With the coming changes to the call-in structure, you can bet your ass that the advantage of cheaply being able to get combined arms and still get tanks in a reasonable time will be very noticeable.
8 Sep 2014, 19:55 PM

When people refer to them as terminators, they are referring to the days before the small arms fire changes. This was a time when you could select your 4 man panzergrenadier squad, run into a conscript squad and wipe them out without taking losses.

In any case, you can cut the 1 infantry faction. Indeed they have few infantry, and half of their infantry call-ins are just their regular units in a halftrack, but the ostheer has something the other factions don't have: all support weapons all the time for a low tech cost. With the coming changes to the call-in structure, you can bet your ass that the advantage of cheaply being able to get combined arms and still get tanks in a reasonable time will be very noticeable.

What i meant was people saying i don't want terminators back..what i said was they'll hardly be terminators even if they get a buff,coz how bad their survivability is now.Before they only faced cons,now rifles in the game,before they had high armor,most imp this was before theinfantry lethality patch,and their accuracy also got nerfed..with the result we have a rather shitty MP sink unit.I have waited 6 months to be able to use another infantry as ost,lets see tomorrow or later next patch,otherwise i'm abandoning this sinking ship wehrmacht.You can't play like this forever,there's a saturation point playing with one strategy every game coz meta doesn't allow diversity.
No support weapons will ever replace standard infantry,more so because unlike maxims or sov 2 man snipers u can't spam them with any effectiveness as ost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 33
unknown 26
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak