Login

russian armor

ISU SquadWipe-Foundation

23 Sep 2014, 05:36 AM

Dont choose doctrine at the beggining. Wait a moment, see which one enemy has chosen. If they went for ISU (easy to predict since there are 2) go for Jadgtiger or KTs combo.
23 Sep 2014, 09:07 AM

In my opinion, now it fine as it is.

23 Sep 2014, 14:05 PM

A lot of what makes the ISU so powerful against infantry I think has much to do with how axis infantry tend to group themselves up. Those four squad members tend to have two to three of its members at all times in the blast radius of just about any explosion, be it a nade, a mortar, or an ISU shell.

Six man squads when hit with a large explosion can indeed wipe the squad, but the odds that all six are in the radius are much lower than for the axis four man squads. A two man squad retreating to base is a whole different thing than an annihilated unit, especially where veterancy is concerned.

At the same time, marching towards the gun barrel of an ISU should never work out for anyone.
23 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

It should have switch round, one great against armor but usseles against infantry and one exelent against infantry but usseles against armor.
23 Sep 2014, 17:13 PM

Soviets also have t-34/85 which is a excellent medium tank,the pair can swarm and kill the tiger..especially with mark target.
With is-2 and t-34/85 even without isu soviets have 2 excellent options which can be supplemented by su-85s from the back or m4c shermans which is another good medium tank.

When ostheer is doing without ELefant,and relies only on tiger as its lategame tank which is basically equal or even slightly inferior to is-2 i don't see why soviets need both,plus the superb medium tanks call-in.is-2 is such a massive pain in the ass with its armor,if there's 2 they seem immortal.Even KT can't always penetrate them.

Jagdtiger-i agree,isu,elefant,jagd must be balanced together..leaving 1 while others are nerfed out breaks it.This is why i proposed make them 1 builadble at 15 cp and give them back the old range.1 godly unit comes very late,so not an auto appearnace every game..but a fearful presence with high risk and reward potential.

King tiger - So many soviet players fight this head on.Because they have gotten used to penetrating tiger and panther at close ranges frontally,many try this and fail badly.Its turret weakness is rarely exploited .Thing is this thing is so costly by the time OKW gets this allies can have 4 of their medium call-ins if their unit preservation was good.If they can't swarm its tortoise turret with that thats bad.

The difference between stock and call-in armor is too large in coh 2.

don't forget that penetration isn't even guaranteed against tiger with t34 85 nor su85.
you'll also have a pak with stun round most likely.

Tiger seems to do much better against infantry than any soviet tank exept maybe kv8. Heck recently i've felt like every shot from every panzer managed to land and kill 2 men or more, even on the move. Add the mgs and have fun.

As for KT turret weakness, it disappear with some vet, not so hard to achieve with such killing power, and before that, you can even negate it at least partially if your turn the KT at the same time, which will let you keep up with non vet 3 t34.

Plus the support from shreck volks and raketen, who will always penetrate.

base t3476 however, struggles to penetrate even pz4, so KT is really hard to kill.

Even su85 needs a lot o time because of shots bouncing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 19
United Kingdom 135
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak