Login

russian armor

Additional MP game modes?

4 Sep 2014, 00:10 AM

Some ideas for paid expansions, or possibly for the next CoH/DoW game.

Last Stand

I loved Last Stand Mode in Dawn of War, though for some reason, Operation Stonewall in CoH didn't click with me. If Relic released a horde mode multiplayer expansion, I'd most likely buy that. Anyone else feel the same way? I bet they'd make some serious money off of that. It's also the PERFECT way to sell additional DLC stuff, in the form of upgrades for the hero units or whatever.

Theater of War is cool and all, but sometimes it feels too close to regular comp stomping. Excellent scenarios like Brody Tank War being the exception here.

Larger player, cooperative games

Relic focuses balance on 2v2 and 1v1, so 4v4 is generally a mess. It seems balancing both isn't possible. Fair enough, but what if you like larger games with more of a team element?

I think it'd be cool to have another mode where there are four players on each team, controlling only two armies. So there's one player in charge who delegates units to their co-pilot, so to speak. Regular 2v2 match-ups would be more about multi-tasking, cooperative 4v4 would have more of a focus on teamwork. And it'd be balanced. Or at least as balanced as 2v2.

For an example of this in another game, see Shogun 2: Total War, where in the cooperative campaign battles, one player go send units to another.

4 Sep 2014, 01:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What happened with CTF ?
4 Sep 2014, 01:54 AM

a sharing units thing would be sort of cool, though itd lead to a lot of bickering as one guy would be in charge of building units and the other guy would be in charge of complaining that the first guy isnt building the right ones and then rage quiting.
4 Sep 2014, 05:54 AM

It would be great a gamemode about small skirmishes between squads, whitout reinforcing or base-healing, where each unit have set a point's value, and you can spend a maximum of X points to set your army. (Similar to how works Total War multiplayer)

That would emphasize a lot the micromanagement of your few troops.
4 Sep 2014, 09:02 AM
Patrion 14

Battlefront mode

An 8 vs 8 mode with 200 VPs instead of 500. Popcap for each player is 35. Bases are prebuilt or non-existent (all units are call-ins) Each player's commander choices are overwritten with 3 "custom" commanders (like in ToW). These are Infantry, Support or Armour commanders. The trick is, since all units are call-ins, picking the commander limits you to what you can build. Infantry guy can build infantry squads, Support guy can build engineers, support teams and light vehicles, Armour guy can build light and later heavy tanks. Sprinkle some special commander abilities in there as well.

You have lots of players, a very small income, small popcap, and specialized unit selection. So you can focus on microing your troops and you REALLY have to coordinate with your teammates to achieve victory.
4 Sep 2014, 09:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

OMG mod was really good, hope to see it back someday.
4 Sep 2014, 09:12 AM
Patrion 14

Offensive mode (my idea from another thread)

Relic declares that first two weeks of October are the Allied offensive. A campaign map of Europe is shown with color-coded territory for (mostly) cosmetic purposes.

Tech trees, commanders etc. are like normal. The only differences are:

1) Axis cannot capture VPs, only decapture them. Allies will win every match eventually. It is the Axis task to delay the inevitable for long enough (see below)
2) Allies get +25 permanent manpower income every 5 minutes.

Even though the allied player gets the "victory" screen at the end, the true "winner" of the match is determined by the amount of Allied materiel that was destroyed by the Axis side, or the time they held off the Allied advance. So instead of the win/loss extremes you have outcomes such as "costly victory", "narrow victory", "absolute roflstomp victory lol", "heroic defense" etc.

I feel like this would really capture the feel of the 1944 and 1945 allied advance.

Then next 2 weeks it's the Axis counteroffensive and the roles are reversed as Axis tries to regain the territories lost.
4 Sep 2014, 09:15 AM
Donator 11

True words Spanky!

Miss it as well

It works like the mod idea you mentioned Greeb
4 Sep 2014, 09:56 AM

True words Spanky!

Miss it as well

It works like the mod idea you mentioned Greeb

Damn, I'd wish having played that. :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10