Login

russian armor

ranking / leveling system and commanders?

12 Apr 2013, 17:33 PM

so I searched the interwebz a little to figure out how the ranking and/or leveling system is working and what the plans are for the commander system. since I got even more confused I hoped that some of you (who are in the beta) could clarify that matter (Imperial Dane might get mad at me). as far as I understood:

- leveling system: you earn xp from wins (and possibly losses) and achievements which in the end gives you access to new commanders/abilities/whatsoever = all players can reach top level, you never lose a level and you play against other players no matter what their level is?

- ranking system: is independent from the leveling system and works similar to coh 1 = only the best players reach top rank, you can lose your rank and you only play against similar ranks?

- commander system: you start with three commanders with a fixed composition of abilities for each faction, then you unlock a certain amount of new commanders until they decide that it's time to make some money with DLC that give you access to even kewler commanders/abilities?

... sorry if I totally missed that information but for me it's a buy or not buy decision.

12 Apr 2013, 17:48 PM

max possible lvl's - 20 normal and 20 prestige

ranking system - there's currently no ranking system in Beta

commander system - 3 from beggining, next 2 by unlock, next commanders probably DLC (pre-order's will be gives two new commanders at their disposal)
12 Apr 2013, 18:52 PM

leveling system = xp, earn from wins and losses. Win=more XP than loss. Not used by matchmaking.

ranking system = based on elo. Used by matchmaking. Not visible in the beta, but you can actually see it in your warnings.log file when you search for public games.
12 Apr 2013, 22:18 PM

ok I see, thx for the info guys ;)
13 Apr 2013, 00:05 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You earn XP from everything. Like building a tier building gives XP. Winning gives XP. Getting little ribbons give bonus XP. Playing vs. the AI gives XP. Playing the campaign will give XP. Basically any way that you play the game will give you XP, and whether you win or lose has relatively little matter.

What we're all waiting to see is how the ELO system will work, how ladders will be displayed, how wins and losses will be displayed, etc.
13 Apr 2013, 00:16 AM

You earn XP from everything. Like building a tier building gives XP. Winning gives XP. Getting little ribbons give bonus XP. Playing vs. the AI gives XP. Playing the campaign will give XP. Basically any way that you play the game will give you XP, and whether you win or lose has relatively little matter.

What we're all waiting to see is how the ELO system will work, how ladders will be displayed, how wins and losses will be displayed, etc.

well, we don't know how the ladder will be displayed, but we kinda know how the ELO system works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★