Login

russian armor

When/why to use AAHT

2 Sep 2014, 11:39 AM

I love the thing when it work well, but when it doesn't, it's a lot of resources down the drain. To me it feels like the Jackson, in that, you must babysit that specific unit as you have so much invested in it. In being overly conservative with it, I don't feel I'm really getting my money's worth. It seems there is always that one unit with shreks it didn't suppress and wham, smoke, fire, death, anger. In my experience, I use it on wide open maps and that's it. urban = death. Of course, later in the game it takes more of a secondary role, but what should it be doing when you get it in. I stick it in the thick of it in a anti-inf role and rarely a anti-light vehicle role. The moment I leave it still for a second, with rifleman spotters mind you, here comes the shrek blob of death, and you can't get that thing out of there fast enough. Should I be using an MG with it for more suppression? seems kind of silly, but that is the only thing I haven't tried. I'm not saying the thing is glass.... but it does go down in a hurry.
2 Sep 2014, 13:33 PM

I think the AAHT is in a bit of a bad spot at the moment. It was a very dominant part of US strats when WFA launched, but I think most people realise that it delays Captain quite a bit, so they can go for things like Pumas very easily.

Personally, I've only used it a couple of times recently, ironically in an anti-vehicle role. If I go LT first and my opponent rushes an OKW Flak HT or Ostheer AC, I build the AAHT as a solution, since its main gun shreds light vehicles. In all other situations, I prefer to just build an M20 since it's a bit more flexible and is so much cheaper.
2 Sep 2014, 15:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I use it more vs Ostheer, since they have no quick puma. It's pretty good.
2 Sep 2014, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 15:46 PMRomeo
I use it more vs Ostheer, since they have no quick puma. It's pretty good.

Interesting, I've never used it much against Ostheer, because I assumed that the Pak is too much of a counter. Don't you have trouble against it?
2 Sep 2014, 18:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Well, if they got a pak, they spent a ton of manpower on teching and the pak itself, so you should have no problem rolling over everything with your rifles + lieutenant, and hopefully steal the pak for yourself.

Meanwhile just use the halftrack somewhere else.

I'm talking about 1v1. In big team games you'll have less room to maneuver, and it might not be quite as effective. Still, in 2v2s I still have quite a bit of success with it as long as I am careful with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★