Login

russian armor

My 2¢ on beta

13 Apr 2013, 16:26 PM

It wasn't perfect. You shouldn't be floating fuel every end game if the system was perfect. I actually like the idea of customizing your territory income for your needs; it makes way for more decisions and build customization, if they are willing to put in a effort to balance and tweak it.

Yes you should, because in vCoH fuel-based units were not required for victory. Not the same in CoH2.
14 Apr 2013, 16:22 PM

dow2 was bad as fk...
15 Apr 2013, 14:17 PM

no, for a few reasons:
- there's no melee ability to tie up weapon teams
- there's no jump troops to tie up suppression teams
- there is indirect fire in CoH2
- there are no elaborate squad wipe set ups using different knock abilities and grenades in the retreat path
- you can be cut off from your resources in CoH2
- the teching isn't as linear
- and oh yeah it's not set in the fucking 40k universe and there isn't eighteen bloody match ups to learn.

there might be no melee ability but fire currently works much like that in coh2 its way more powerfull than in vcoh , there are mortars that are really powerfull and in a way play the role of jumptroops , indirect fire could not really be implemented in dow , in vcoh you could block retreating squads with vehicles ,snipers had 100% acc vs elite armor and brits had snipe ability that worked in the same way and i dont see why it cant be different in coh2 , cut offs are way less important , teching is a lot more linear than in vcoh , top tier units are way more important in countering their counterparts , also i think that population is fixed in dow2 as well ( havnt played in ages so am not sure ) , as for the universe being different its a bad argument since there are many sequels that are happening in a differnt time than the original + i was talking about gameplay , on matchups it seems that with bulletins and commanders who really change the mathup we are looking at a large number of matches . Furthermore , the game pace seems to be more in tune with dow2 than vcoh . TBH some of these things like variety are good but fixed pop and cutoff system are not . to clarify i like dow2 , i was just making an observation .
17 Apr 2013, 22:52 PM

I think this game worth no more then 2¢.
In 2013 and after a game like COH this one is just a joke.

Im not talking about balance. Just simply compare two ingame coh screenshot vs coh2 screenshot, it tells you everything.
17 Apr 2013, 23:05 PM
Benefactor 115

Is this a magic eye thing or something?
18 Apr 2013, 00:17 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Maybe nin3 is talking about the UI.
18 Apr 2013, 02:50 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Comparing press release images is kinda silly because they've both been photoshopped up the wazoo.
18 Apr 2013, 03:21 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Genuine screenshots (click for larger) although the CoH 1 picture is a shot from Direct X 9 so it can look a bit nicer:

Aside from CoH being in general much clearer in terms of color/UI/icons I don't think either looks particularly better or worse. The vehicle explosions in the original CoH look way better than CoH 2 though, I've noticed, although I'm not sure if it's just because the CoH 2 ones come late for some weird reason and thus look dumb. Trees look better in CoH 2 especially when they get hit by a shell or lit on fire.
18 Apr 2013, 03:55 AM

Genuine screenshots (click for larger) although the CoH 1 picture is a shot from Direct X 9 so it can look a bit nicer:

Aside from CoH being in general much clearer in terms of color/UI/icons I don't think either looks particularly better or worse. The vehicle explosions in the original CoH look way better than CoH 2 though, I've noticed, although I'm not sure if it's just because the CoH 2 ones come late for some weird reason and thus look dumb. Trees look better in CoH 2 especially when they get hit by a shell or lit on fire.

thx, well said: much clearer in terms of color/UI/icons
and if the UI will be modular (on and off) its ok, we can get rid of the useless things
18 Apr 2013, 13:03 PM

CoH and DoW are familiar games, so whats so strange about their feel a little the same? vCoH took much inspiration from DoW 1(which is great strategy, even better than vCoH) and DoW 2 took inspiration from CoH and so on.

BTW. If you looking for ultimate, epic WW2 impressions game I recommend you to check Men of War Assault Squad;).
18 Apr 2013, 13:56 PM

Just look at how fucking bad the UI is holy shit bros
19 Apr 2013, 02:59 AM

Just look at how fucking bad the UI is holy shit bros

nothing more to add
19 Apr 2013, 15:21 PM

I dunno was it mentioned but, sound work department also leaking in terms of "clearity" and "visibility". By the distinctive sounds and voices in COH1, you can easily understand what type of gun or vehicle is firing, what's happening around the map without even looking, clear and visual sound design unlike COH2. It's simply cacophony, nothing distinctive, sorry to say but mess now. Just compare the Mg42 sounds you will see what i mean- even tough the COH2 Mg42 is recorded from the real one lol. Special Soundpacks can solve this problem but imho the original has to be as good as any soundpack- like original COH1 sounds- otherwise what's the point of the "finished/polished" product?

Maybe the only good thing is the sound of tanks when they move which gives you the feeling of bulky, chunky vehicle moving and shaking the ground.

Other than this, looks far from good. There are a lot of work has to be done in a very short time. Core decisions and design seems a big fail to me and fixing them will be more difficult and will cost time/manpower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★