Login

russian armor

CoH2 is awesome all you supposedly pro players

6 May 2013, 14:32 PM

Well a big NO from me then.

"Pls no neg comments-let's talk about how beautiful the game is, the butterflies and flowers" is a PR. Being not paid by Relic is even worse, you could apply for a job. There's a kind of group approach against whom says something is not good about the game. If it is a MOD and made my volunteers I would agree but it's a commercial product made by professionals for profit. If I'm a potential customer I have all the right to say things that I don't like about the product. As much as you have.

There was a staff here calling me SOB just because he didn't like what I said about maphackers. So pls, don't tell me something about insult. It's ad hominem.

No need to continue this argument, time will tell the fate of this game.

And I repeat again, The quickest way to kill a bad product is great advertising.

Keep doing it.

6 May 2013, 15:02 PM
Benefactor 115

Not at all, there has been plenty of agreement between people on these forums about certain aspects of the game they consider bad (UI, upkeep system, resource system, cold tech etc.)

If you want to see real oppression then write a constructive post on team liquid about the things you don't like about SC2.
6 May 2013, 15:14 PM

PR is done by an institution (in this case a business entity) in order to develop and maintain its relationship with the public. As far as I know, nobody in this topic is employed at Relic, Sega or any other CoH2 related corporate. Therefore, there is no PR. Next to that, where is it stated it is forbidden to be negative about CoH2?

Within the forum rules, you have the right to express your opinions. Now, I dont know whats being said by the staff to you, but please forgive me, as I have not red all your posts on this forum.

Would you care to explain why (great) advertising kills a (bad) product?
6 May 2013, 15:29 PM

I've never played SC2 and I have no interest. Please don't make assumptions like I'm a part of SC2 fanboy base who is trying to sabotage this forum. If I don't like this game ( COH franchise) I wouldn't bother.

"Would you care to explain why (great) advertising kills a (bad) product?"

Well it's a well know principle of Advertisement actually. There are zillions of examples of this. If the product doesn't match the qualities of the greatness / good effect of the ad then it's gonna have so much neg feedback by the customer base that will end the reputation of the product- it's a death sentence.

Don't take the thing word by word, noone here is a pro ad men- but what I mean is if the community stress the problems more than the "awesomeness" of COH2, it will effect better in long term. Except Inverse and Tommy maybe Kolaris, there was not a serious, stand alone post about the serious flaws of COH2. Individual attempts immediately pushed back or covered by ad hominem ( calling people noob, sheldt guy, sob, etc ).

I wish to see this game that will be as good as and as epic as COH, I wanna see a Godfather II ( the movie- the second was even better the the first one) in other terms, as much as you do. So we're in the same boat but maybe in different compartment.
6 May 2013, 16:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2013, 15:29 PMRiggs
Don't take the thing word by word, noone here is a pro ad men- but what I mean is if the community stress the problems more than the "awesomeness" of COH2, it will effect better in long term. Except Inverse and Tommy maybe Kolaris, there was not a serious, stand alone post about the serious flaws of COH2. Individual attempts immediately pushed back or covered by ad hominem ( calling people noob, sheldt guy, sob, etc ).

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The vast majority of the feedback from people who know what they're talking about (plus people like me) has been "CoH 2 has a lot of problems, some stuff is super broken, Relic really needs to fix this stuff if they want it to be a good game." Of course, if you try that stuff on the beta forums you get shouted down by idiots half the time, but here on CoH2.org there is only a small minority of people who are genuinely happy with how things have turned out.
7 May 2013, 04:30 AM

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The vast majority of the feedback from people who know what they're talking about (plus people like me) has been "CoH 2 has a lot of problems, some stuff is super broken, Relic really needs to fix this stuff if they want it to be a good game." Of course, if you try that stuff on the beta forums you get shouted down by idiots half the time, but here on CoH2.org there is only a small minority of people who are genuinely happy with how things have turned out.

I honestly have absolutely no idea what is going on here in this thread. Something about a duck? or maybe a mallard...
7 May 2013, 06:23 AM

Permanently Banned
7 May 2013, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2013, 01:15 AMBZBuzz
I'n not a Pro, not even very skilled,just an old ''grumpy''player that is dedicated to online games for now 20years. Enough I think to have a fair experience to evaluate and compare...

For me COH (was) IS a classic it could have pass the test of time if game producers where intelligent enough to NOT always depend on new products but to keep the old good ones in proper shape to deal with our new expectations about visual and technological standarts.

A big part of these new standarts have been met in COH2 but saddly, trying to make things better, they made that we lost a part of the feeling that made COH a classic.

For me, even if the visual aspect of the game was made better, I feel that the bases
where just made very fast and lost there beauty, there interest and originality.

This said I will have fun playing the sequal but think that it could have been better ...

I agree here too. And for now, the visual aspects of CoH2 are not satisfying for me. We have 2013 now. From the grafics, I dont feel like I am playing CoH2 - more like CoH1.1
I zoomed to a wooden wheel and it was not a circle - it was more like a octagon.
The sound is also not that good. Espacially the mg.

I bought CoH2 and I will surely play it, but I expect more of this game.
7 May 2013, 14:16 PM

Yes, very sharp Combatmuffin, thats exactly why I said:

Because he wasn't expecting Thor to land with Mjolnir and crash down on such a simple point. He could have played it at a friend's house for all intents and purposes, he doens't need to specify that, he's not in a court of law or anything.

TBH, the only real way to judge the game will be at release, and perhaps 2-4 months in. That will give us a good indication of how much support it will receive.
8 May 2013, 08:10 AM
9 May 2013, 17:49 PM

After reading all these posts i feel, that the quality of the Coh2 game fits well to the coh community...
27 May 2013, 07:58 AM

After reading all these posts i feel, that the quality of the Coh2 game fits well to the coh community...

Touché
27 May 2013, 10:42 AM

Can the developer makes the sound of machine guns the same or better than coh1 please? In coh2 its like some lousy slow speed soft sound:(
31 May 2013, 19:29 PM

^It's actually how the gun sounds in reality, iirc. They got rid of the effects made to imitate MG's and such.

I do like the imitations more, making sound effects for movies and games usually means the end product will sound better than it really did, since it wasn't in reality designed to sound "well".
1 Jun 2013, 18:37 PM

^It's actually how the gun sounds in reality, iirc. They got rid of the effects made to imitate MG's and such.

I do like the imitations more, making sound effects for movies and games usually means the end product will sound better than it really did, since it wasn't in reality designed to sound "well".

Yeah they say that. But the guns in Coh2 don't sound at all like the real deal.
2 Jun 2013, 00:16 AM

I feel that many issues are exaggerated because people are too used to Company of Heroes...

Not saying it's without problems. But many complaints seem to be against a lack of polishing and nuances, comparing it to a game that had 5 or so years of playtime for polishing and fixing.

Ye but with COH, the base concepts were right from the start, then i'm thinking about upkeep, capping system, HOW THE UI LOOKS etc ...

It was just the balance of units numbers which changed over patches and well a couple of (sometimes major) bug fixes.
3 Jun 2013, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2013, 00:16 AM12ocky

Ye but with COH, the base concepts were right from the start, then i'm thinking about upkeep, capping system, HOW THE UI LOOKS etc ...

It was just the balance of units numbers which changed over patches and well a couple of (sometimes major) bug fixes.

exactly this. Coh2 is not the same gameplay as vCoh (though some people pretend it is like that including relic...), because of all the changes made for no reason.
5 Jun 2013, 05:15 AM

Q_Q, everyone knows COH2 is the best RTS ever made. vCoH? Who likes vanilla? Clearly Chocolate COH2 is superior. DOn't be clowns, face the facts. No better RTS shall ever be made.
5 Jun 2013, 07:46 AM

I don't understand why people have problems with the capping system, one of the best changes IMO to the game, gives interesting and dynamic fighting compared to the old system.
5 Jun 2013, 18:15 PM

I don't believe they're referring to the larger area capture zones, but rather the number and placement of points, the resources they earn, the cache system...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★