Login

russian armor

CoH2 is awesome all you supposedly pro players

A_E
11 Apr 2013, 10:56 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

will stop pretending it isn't eventually.

I'll just wait...

11 Apr 2013, 11:14 AM

MVGame

It is awesome, but imagine it being even more awesome! They just need to listen ;)
11 Apr 2013, 11:45 AM

Yes, gameplay wise it is awesome!

No, in terms of UI it is a fail.
11 Apr 2013, 11:50 AM

It has potential to be very good game. Atm it has too many issues with UI and 'that feeling' is missing maybe mostly because of bad UI :(.
11 Apr 2013, 12:05 PM

I couldn't even play more than 20 minutes and then I get bored...
11 Apr 2013, 13:33 PM

I just hope they are saving all the good maps for release..
11 Apr 2013, 15:03 PM

I feel that many issues are exaggerated because people are too used to Company of Heroes...

Not saying it's without problems. But many complaints seem to be against a lack of polishing and nuances, comparing it to a game that had 5 or so years of playtime for polishing and fixing.
11 Apr 2013, 15:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I feel that many issues are exaggerated because people are too used to Company of Heroes...

Not saying it's without problems. But many complaints seem to be against a lack of polishing and nuances, comparing it to a game that had 5 or so years of playtime for polishing and fixing.

that is where i feel many of the issues root but there are legit concerns and tweaking definitely needs to be done. also some more visibly like in your base would be nice during general winters fury would be nice as i can't see my buildings make them light up torches or something so that i can see them during the snow storms.
11 Apr 2013, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 15:18 PMWiFiDi

that is where i feel many of the issues root but there are legit concerns and tweaking definitly needs to be done. also some more visiblily like in your base would be nice during general winters furry would be nice as i can't see my buildings make them light up torches or somthing so that i can see them during the snow storms.

Yeah, I felt that problem slightly too. It would probably be annoying if I were playing at a high pace and in a very competitive match.

Make the blizzards appear a bit less (don't cap them to a certain number though, keep it in the back of peoples head that a blizzard could happen at any moment) let the warning come a bit earlier and make them dissapear a tiny bit quicker (currently it feels like it never ends, instead of being a sudden change of pace.)
11 Apr 2013, 16:49 PM

It has real problems that I don't think will ever be fixed. If this game produces a quarter of the great games and tournaments CoH did I'd be very surprised.
A_E
11 Apr 2013, 17:31 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

It has real problems that I don't think will ever be fixed. If this game produces a quarter of the great games and tournaments CoH did I'd be very surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4psKYpfnYs
11 Apr 2013, 17:36 PM
Benefactor 115

please I don't want to see hyperbolic trite on these forums too
11 Apr 2013, 17:44 PM

i think that coh2 is like an appartment that has been built and eqiupped with the best materials possible like silver spoons and golden toilets MVGame , problem is that the arcitects have made a couple of odd decisions in the plans and some obviously stupid mistakes :P
12 Apr 2013, 01:06 AM

AT rifles shouldn't be damaging panthers, stugs, tigers and panzer 4's. Unless it's a rear engine hit in which case it still shouldn't be destroying the tanks....

German infantry is a lot better than people seem to keep insisting =/ It's just that people can't be arsed to micro their infantry and there tanks are so much stronger (until you realize AT rifles are crazy good)

Panzer grenadiers will win any fight 1v1 it seems. Grenadiers with an MG42 will also win against a guards rifle squad.
12 Apr 2013, 04:58 AM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2013, 01:06 AMInuki
Panzer grenadiers will win any fight 1v1 it seems. Grenadiers with an MG42 will also win against a guards rifle squad.

Conscripts with Hit the Dirt can beat PGrens 1v1 without upgrades if the PGrens are charging and the Conscripts are in decent cover, and in most other situations if the Conscripts have their SMG upgrade.

Strategically, CoH2 is an interesting game. It's far too early to say if it will be good or bad, but it has potential. The problem is, it's terribly frustrating to play. It lacks clear feedback mechanisms, and it forces players to fight for information that should be readily available. That is terrible design, plain and simple, and it needs to be addressed before we can start talking strategy and balance.
30 Apr 2013, 23:18 PM

On the money Inverse. The good thing is that Relic does seem to be listening. This next couple of months will be the tell tale. With the Beta closed, hopefully they make the right changes. I'm sure they will. They made vCOH great, and i'm sure they'll make COH2 great as well. Remember, vCoh didn't start the way it is now - remeber the Shermans smoke/plasma shield?? BUt over time, they listened and fixed it up.

And besides, it's better than play "Fail of Duty: Super Modern Warfare Repeat Mk55" or "Fagglefield 7". I'm sure the original COH will still be alive on Steam for some time too!
1 May 2013, 01:32 AM

I'm glad someone did a positive thread on the issue.. I'm so sick of this 'vCoh was perfect' faggotry im seeing all over the show now..
2 May 2013, 01:15 AM

I'n not a Pro, not even very skilled,just an old ''grumpy''player that is dedicated to online games for now 20years. Enough I think to have a fair experience to evaluate and compare...

For me COH (was) IS a classic it could have pass the test of time if game producers where intelligent enough to NOT always depend on new products but to keep the old good ones in proper shape to deal with our new expectations about visual and technological standarts.

A big part of these new standarts have been met in COH2 but saddly, trying to make things better, they made that we lost a part of the feeling that made COH a classic.

For me, even if the visual aspect of the game was made better, I feel that the bases
where just made very fast and lost there beauty, there interest and originality.

The addition of bulletins that we tested in the beta last year was of great interest but at the same time, the gameplays of each sides are lot less diversifyed. The interest in COH was to learn the specificty of each races and even like ''i said'' i'm not an expert i think we can all say that balance in COH 2 was dealt in a much simpler ways then it was in the vanilla.... thing is is a negative point for a game that is supposed to have made a classic even better.

This said I will have fun playing the sequal but think that it could have been better ...
2 May 2013, 07:22 AM
Patrion 14

I'm just relieved that the tyranny of snipers is finally at an end.
2 May 2013, 11:43 AM

I'm just relieved that the tyranny of snipers is finally at an end.

I don't know about that one honestly- any unit that can do that amount of damage without taking any is always going to be a pivotal unit unless made prohibitively expensive or gimped in some way. Right now they're horribly unresponsive but if that changes then besides needing more micro to use well, they will still likely be a big part of tournament and competitive play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS