Login

russian armor

Visibility

11 Apr 2013, 14:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah there isn't a button for it on the HUD. And I know why.. It's because they don't want you to see it :P Only if you know the hotkey ^^

is it really that bad. :D
11 Apr 2013, 15:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We got told by the devs, that the Tactical map is not, yet implemented with all features. So i guess thats why.
11 Apr 2013, 15:06 PM

I don't understand the tac map thing... It worked the first few days for me but was nearly useless. It was good for jumping between location by double tapping, but I couldn't for the life of me see where my units were without looking for at least 3 sec, even when I knew were they were supposed to be. If anything feels like a downgrade from the original to me, that does.
11 Apr 2013, 15:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 08:16 AMDanielD
I think that it is cool you can't see where the sniper shot from.

Just sayin.

No, it's not cool, because you can still click on the "Unit Sniped" notification and jump to the sniper, so obscuring where the shot came from just makes the game pointlessly hard to observe for the players and much less exciting for spectators watching shoutcasts/tournaments.
11 Apr 2013, 15:30 PM
Benefactor 115

you dont watch games with the fow on ...

the other element is that the sniper shot sounds aren't as emphasized as they were, they only just recorded some extra dialogue so there's no doubt there's going to be further adjusting to the audio mix.
11 Apr 2013, 15:43 PM
Senior Caster Badge

But when you watch games it can be hard to tell where the sniper shot came from unless you have the giant trail like in the original CoH. In CoH 2 if a squad is already getting shot at by something else, it's not even super clear that a sniper has shot someone. In CoH there's no mistaking a sniper shot vs. any other kind of shot.
11 Apr 2013, 15:52 PM

I don't know about the sniper shooting tracer shots. Snipers are already far easier to hunt down, since they only cloak in cover and leave footprints, and I think it'd add to the intensity and realism if finding a sniper isn't so easy. What I would like to have though, is a unit sniped button (that reveals where the sniped unit died) and a more distinct sniper gun sound (perhaps increase the volume by a lot?).
11 Apr 2013, 15:59 PM

all those mentioned not just by inverse but by many of the pros of the community are of great importance , the most important thing though is that the devs seem to be ignoring the community , i wonder if they forgot who helped them balance the game ...
11 Apr 2013, 16:04 PM

I think they'd like for them to get better at the game before consulting them.
11 Apr 2013, 16:09 PM

I think they'd like for them to get better at the game before consulting them.

from what ive read most posts containm common sense issues , not l2p issues .
11 Apr 2013, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 16:09 PMkafrion

from what ive read most posts containm common sense issues , not l2p issues .

the problem is that it's not necessarily "common sense" issues... but we perceive them as such, since we get absolutely 0 feedback from the devs as to WHY they change stuff. if we knew WHY they changed all the stuff that they did, what the reasoning was behind the decision, we might have an easier time understanding the thought process behind it. we might still not agree with the decision, but it's always easier to accept something if you can see the reasoning behind it.
11 Apr 2013, 17:12 PM

I guess relic has not the manpower to adress these problems. They are more concerned to finish the planned work (roadmap as they call it).
Also most of the complaints contain deep redesigning, which costs money.
11 Apr 2013, 17:44 PM

Inverse thanks for this ,everything I would like to tell to relic just my english skill are not on that level
11 Apr 2013, 17:47 PM

Like i said in my other post, i really think the current design is based more off the requirement/desire to make the game different. The unfortunate part is that they didn't keep competitive play in mind as much as those of us would like. Hopefully they wise up and make whatever changes are possible at this point in the process....(this is why i prefer games that use development processes like Minecraft and Path of Exile, because it allows for much more community development).
11 Apr 2013, 18:03 PM

Hopefully they wise up and make whatever changes are possible at this point in the process....

Unlikely...

I think the only way to create a worthy coh1 successor would be a coh mod with 2 new factions (eastern front, north african or pacific theme) seperated to vcoh. Most mods of coh already released look great, but are not focused on competetive gameplay (aka esports).
There needs to be a community project to create such, but im not sure in how people would be willing to help.
11 Apr 2013, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 17:04 PMcr4wler

the problem is that it's not necessarily "common sense" issues... but we perceive them as such, since we get absolutely 0 feedback from the devs as to WHY they change stuff. if we knew WHY they changed all the stuff that they did, what the reasoning was behind the decision, we might have an easier time understanding the thought process behind it. we might still not agree with the decision, but it's always easier to accept something if you can see the reasoning behind it.

there is always room to discuss on the objectivity of ones percieved common sense , that is true and given that the community has helped a lot to balance vcoh the lack of feedback really makes no sense , however stuff like the bad UI is undeniable , for example you could put the resources vertically and replace the unit information with the units bar and you d have a lot better outcome than the current .
11 Apr 2013, 18:30 PM
Coder Red Badge

I added a clarification to my first post, in response to some of the comments. If you think I want another vCoH, you should read the first post a little more closely. My issues are with fundamental design decisions that are, in my opinion, steps back for no apparent reason.

Aside from that, thanks for all the great comments :)
11 Apr 2013, 21:21 PM

I agree with the first post, except about the core functionality of blizzards. They need to be made clearer, but I got used to them in 1v1's as a phenomenon and they provide some cool new strategic possibilities to do. The planning of fire pits, destroying of them, death by freezing in early/mid game gives new options, and lower visibility can lead to some nice ambushes. To anyone who says you are forced to camp I claim its not true, there are a lot of posibilites, even for infantry. Just plan ahead.
Maybe if they reduced the rate at which you lose temperature it would help.
11 Apr 2013, 22:05 PM

The other day during two 2v2's, Blizzards played a nice role. I managed to pull off a flank with a PIV against an enemy T-34 simply because his sight was very reduced during Blizzards, and he made the poor choice of leaving it unsupported. Under normal conditions, he would have spotted my tank way earlier, and simply back it off.

Another case where Blizzards were used to a somewhat clever effect, was when we were camping our VP's gloriously and confidently, then the enemy, during a blizzard, popped two flares up and began to initiate katyusha/mortar rape.

Sure, artillery is a problem, but thats for another threaD: the point I'm trying to make, is that clever players will use Blizzards to their advantage. We simply need to raise situational awareness during them.
12 Apr 2013, 07:45 AM

on interface , i have heard that sc2 expansion , generals 2 and even dota2 will have some sort of customiseable interface , they need to pay some attention to the competition .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
Korea, Republic Of 5
Russian Federation 110
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %