russian armor

Any point to even bothering with OKW?

25 Aug 2014, 15:23 PM

Touche, and well explained.

You're welcome ;)
25 Aug 2014, 16:22 PM

"I'm most comfortable with OBW"

With what?

Sorry but sort of makes it look bad when you misname the faction, especially in this context :P

He sayd he wus mostly comfortable with thaa one faksion with them shainey cars and them shainey raifulls.

Thaa faksion is da besss bcuz it has a fone to caw in more pew pews.
25 Aug 2014, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 14:30 PMJohnnyB
People are just keep talking about 3v3 and 4v4. What is so great about these game modes anyway? Impossible to balance, not very tactical/technical eather.
Let me give you a quote from a top vCoh player (Sepha I guess?! I may be wrong...)

4v4 - it doesn't matter;
3v3 - it's at most entertaining;
2v2 - it's technical;
1v1 - it's glorious.

majority of players play 2v2+

putting all your effort into a game mode only a handful of people play doesn't make any sense
25 Aug 2014, 17:57 PM

I know when I started playing against real people online with this game, I first did 3v3 and 4v4 (as you can see on my playercard). The idea being that if I sucked at least I had 2 or 3 teammates who could carry the team. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who just picked up the game after the steam sale and still are having a hard time learning the game. This leads to randoms being on average not as skilled and some who don't even know the meaning of teamwork (I have played a game where my OKW partner built all his trucks and put all his forces around one regular CP, not even a fuel point or VP point, but a regular CP; and sat around it the ENTIRE GAME, with me screaming over the chat at him to come help me).

Even if they added the Pershing and buffed the hell out of Allied tanks, there would still be a problem of inexperienced players making up the majority of 3v3 and 4v4. I really think you won't see an uptick in the number of Allied players until clans become more established as the game joins with ELO.
25 Aug 2014, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 17:27 PMArclyte
majority of players play 2v2+

Source/proof where?
25 Aug 2014, 23:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Its really not though, my friend WeWe plays a ton of soviets and never builds more than 1 sniper, and never spams maxims. In fact he gets really great use out of *gasp* penals. Its not easy to do, but to say that those are the only viable strats is just wrong and only furthers the idea that its the only option.

Yes most pro top 200 players can make good use out of soviet T1 against OKW in 1v1,I'd hope theyd be able to.

the thing is most average players cant,because they arent good enough to micro penals and M3's flawlessly against OKW in addition to soviet t1 not being that special in 2v2 and above, so they spam maxims and doctrinal infantry instead because its easier. Its less stressful. its easier to pull off. And it shouldnt be that way.

Does he not use guards or shocks either? Or does he just pwn obers with partisans.

Id love to see some of his replays. Id like to learn his skillz.

and by cookiezncreemology,TeamGames are the most played,because there is 2v2,3v3,and 4v4,which are 3 separate modes with 3 separate player counts,

1v1 is just 1v1. there is only one mode there,with only one player count,which id assume,is not more than all the other modes combined.

26 Aug 2014, 00:00 AM

Maxim spam is beatable. Get an ISG or, if you manage to hold on to fuel, a Stuka. Before that, draw fire with Volks and flank with Sturms. Later on, Falls or Jaegers from buildings can also be a nasty surprise. At worst, get your guys in buildings and hold out until you get the answers you need.

Snipers, however, yeah those are a real pain. You will rely on luck; flanking Sturms, a fortunate Puma shot, Stukas crashing on them, or as above spawning elite infantry on top of them. Remember that if your opponent went T1 he has no serious AT until he builds T3 or T4, try to exploit that with a flak HT. Still, there's no easy sniper counters.

After the early game, really, OKW has all the answers it needs to everything. They get powerful elite infantry, probably the best in the game, and their AT is nothing to scoff at; Pumas, Jagdpanzers, cheap Shreck sqauds, an actually good Panther, the feared KT, you have all the tools required to take down any Allied armor. And blobs? har. Stukas, Obers, MG34s, Luchs, and my favorite the Sturmtiger, you have lots of really good units.
26 Aug 2014, 00:54 AM

Id love to see some of his replays. Id like to learn his skillz.

posted this in the conscript thread, but it seems more soviet players need to see this.

against top 100 okw
http://www.coh2.org/replay/22537/infantry-everywhere

and top 25
http://www.coh2.org/replay/22769/all-it-takes-is-just-one-sneaky-engineer...

now this isnt wewe, but redxwings wins without using snipers/maxims/shocks/guards/t34/85s/is2s/isu152s

playing like this certainly isnt easy to pull off, but i dont think that calls for buffing soviets. if you balance based on lower skill levels, there will be imbalances at high levels.
26 Aug 2014, 01:37 AM

The infantry gun is truly a godsend. As long as you protect it with a couple Volks schrek squads you are in business all night long again Support Weapon Kampaenya
26 Aug 2014, 01:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 00:54 AMwooof

posted this in the conscript thread, but it seems more soviet players need to see this.

against top 100 okw
http://www.coh2.org/replay/22537/infantry-everywhere

and top 25
http://www.coh2.org/replay/22769/all-it-takes-is-just-one-sneaky-engineer...

now this isnt wewe, but redxwings wins without using snipers/maxims/shocks/guards/t34/85s/is2s/isu152s

playing like this certainly isnt easy to pull off, but i dont think that calls for buffing soviets. if you balance based on lower skill levels, there will be imbalances at high levels.

I really could care less if the sov's were buffed or nerfed,thats not my point. Their design simply sucks and its stressful(And has been stressful for the past year) to play with,especially with the well designed OKW being released.

And since relic probably wont totally redesign them,im afraid we're stuck with Maxim Spam and 3 Sniper/ISU strats.Trying Mostly Anything else will make you want to rip your hair out,and thats just the way it is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 43
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment