Login

russian armor

double US

23 Aug 2014, 17:35 PM

Cant do shit in double US games... axis just digg in and thats it. GG.
23 Aug 2014, 17:37 PM

I kinda agree. It´s incredibly tough, especially versus Ost dual snipers there is no counter.

On the other hand dual Soviets is unbeatable.
23 Aug 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 17:35 PMMondeo

Very difficult indeed.But try early jeeps to deal with the mgs.
23 Aug 2014, 17:48 PM

Why would you play USF above 1v1? Why would you play double USF in 2v2? Thats like playing with right hand tied behind your back.
Its a worthless late game faction if you don't use Infantry company 100% of the time and spam priests and LMG blobs.
23 Aug 2014, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 17:35 PMMondeo

The American needs again the SMOKE Grenade without Nade update.
23 Aug 2014, 18:15 PM

On the other hand dual Soviets is unbeatable.

oh, no.. soviets player must be skullful to be unbeatable and babysitting every unit to do so.
but playing dual axis against double US is easy... just make bunkers, digg in and wait for crappy US.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 17:48 PMKatitof
Why would you play USF above 1v1?

I dont know why? Becouse I am sadomazohist? :P
23 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 17:48 PMKatitof
Why would you play USF above 1v1? Why would you play double USF in 2v2? Thats like playing with right hand tied behind your back.
Its a worthless late game faction if you don't use Infantry company 100% of the time and spam priests and LMG blobs.

Naah,just spam E8.Done.
23 Aug 2014, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 18:15 PMMondeo

oh, no.. soviets player must be skullful to be unbeatable and babysitting every unit to do so.
but playing dual axis against double US is easy... just make bunkers, digg in and wait for crappy US.

Not really,u know a-move maxims or snipers.Bring on the shocks.Go isu or call-in.Feel good about urself.Done.
23 Aug 2014, 18:26 PM

Not really,u know a-move maxims or snipers.Bring on the shocks.Go isu or call-in.Feel good about urself.Done.

No, it not like that and please leave dual soviets from this thread.
23 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

i think double US is just kind of bad because your start its always rifles unless you go mechanized or assault engis. having a second player building rifles doesnt exactly compliment your own rifles as much as say maxims or snipers.

now that mixed teams are in the game, playing two of the same army is typically weaker in my opinion. being able to have a larger variety of units is an advantage. the exception is soviets because they can still have complimentary builds (t1 and t2).
23 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
I've played double US several times with different people. It's really a lot like 1v1s, as far as how you have to win. Fast and hard, don't let OKW trucks get set up anywhere important. Lots of well-microed rifles, all with grenade upgrade, is a very tough force to counter, even with MG42/34s. Outplay the Axis in the first few minutes, have you and your teammate each get a fuel cache if you're floating MP, one player goes LT>M15AA and the other CPT>Pack Howi/Stuart and you'll be pretty groovy for the mid game as well.

Late game is of course notoriously bad for USF but I find it possible to hold out till the VP timer runs out (provided you did the early/mid game correctly). I typically go Airborne and have quite a few munitions saved up for P-47 rocket strafes, which helps counter Tigers/KT and holds them at bay from just pushing us off the VPs. If I'm Airborne then my teammate would preferably be either Infantry or Elite, so Priests and E8s can also help hold ground till the VP ticker runs out.

Also, I've found very early fighting pits to be proportionately cost effective on maps like Kharkov, Rails and Metal, and even Crossing in the Woods. While the Axis have solid counters to them (mortars, ISG, etc) the Rear Echelon rifle grenade is incredibly effective vs stationary troops in cover and troops in buildings, and for 125 MP it's just a great deal. Also will help get your Rear Echelon to Vet 2 faster, for dat extra man.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
Germany 1054
Russian Federation 17
Netherlands 14
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L