Login

russian armor

Volks are garbage - Run an experiment vs Cons

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
22 Aug 2014, 11:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 10:25 AMAlbus
Volks on their own, without Vet, are pretty shoddy. Their DPS is fairly appalling and in a vacuum, a conscript will indeed beat a volksgren hands down, even if the Conscript has to charge.

However, this is negated by the fact the OKW also get Sturmpios early game, which can easily take 2:1 conscript squads if placed in cover properly. The OKW also get access to extremely effective doctrinal infantry, such as Falschirms, the infamous MG34 and Fusiliers/Sturmofficer. Don't even get me started on how quickly Obers chew up conscripts.

Anyway, even with vanilla Volks against vanilla Cons in a 1v1 situation, once you upgrade to your first tech truck and get access to grenades, the balance quickly favors Volks (Simply because of how effective those grenades are). If you go Spec-Ops/Scavenge, you also get access to the assault-gren style grenade volley, which is insanely cost effective for what it does (10 munitions for a potential squadwipe if your opponent is inattentive).

Edit: Volks are worse than Conscripts in an equal engagement. The only way you can trump conscripts with vanilla volks is by blobbing up (Which a Soviet player can do himself).

+1 Great post
22 Aug 2014, 12:06 PM

You forget about RNG, does DPS chart factor in Unit accuracy, etc? Or is it just what the pure dps would be assuming 100% Hit rate? As I have seen Conscripts beat sturmpios 1:1 and 2:1 many many times, hell when I go scripts as Soviet I do it regularly without mollys.

Sturmpios have great DPS but are very fragile.

Volk's are basically bad dps and also quite fragile, if you pair them up Sturmpios lay down the reliable dps while volks put in the dps needed to actually drop the model/s, but on their own are very bad, hell even in pair's they struggle at times until they get Vet, and you can only "reliably" get them Vet with Shrecks or lucky Grenade hits, I say lucky because I've seen volks regular grenades be on top of 4-5 models and only damage each one a little when it really should be gibbing them all because they are literally on top of the grenade all clumped..
22 Aug 2014, 12:22 PM

DPS charts factor in everything. Magazine sizes, reload, cooldown, aim times, accuracy... It's basically shooting a full magazine * accuracy / time it takes to shoot that and reload.

As Albus said, it's about synergy. Cheap 5 men squad with low DPS and expensive 4 men squads with high DPS. Besides that, anti infantry isn't everything, the fact they can get a Schreck is massive. Maybe PQ can chip something else in here ;)
22 Aug 2014, 12:33 PM

I agree, what is happening is that you need 2 or more Volks in cover to beat 1 con when they run to you.
Volks don't have enough Dps to penalize a squad running up to them.
Grenades can be avoided and cost Munitions, so do Molotovs but those deny cover as well
22 Aug 2014, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree, what is happening is that you need 2 or more Volks in cover to beat 1 con when they run to you.
Volks don't have enough Dps to penalize a squad running up to them.
Grenades can be avoided and cost Munitions, so do Molotovs but those deny cover as well

+1. What is blatantly obvious, it seems biased blindness covers the eyes of most.
22 Aug 2014, 12:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

"....slowly twisting in the wind..." comes to mind.

Warthrone: you can ask a Mod to lock this thread if you wish.....you have done a good job keeping it going.....but the truck seems very low on gas, if i may say so.(And I play all armies)
22 Aug 2014, 13:39 PM

Permanently Banned
"....slowly twisting in the wind..." comes to mind.

Warthrone: you can ask a Mod to lock this thread if you wish.....you have done a good job keeping it going.....but the truck seems very low on gas, if i may say so.(And I play all armies)

You may lock the thread. But would appreciate actioning certain individuals sooner. Although as a continual serial culprit he never seems to get the point. Would attribute over 75% of his posts to spiteful and demoralising against forum members. Wont mention the name...i think we all know who it is...sigh*
22 Aug 2014, 13:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OP's request accepted. Moving on....
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias