Login

russian armor

OKW overall strat

17 Aug 2014, 09:49 AM

Looking for opinions on what should be OKW overall strategy. Right now most of the time I try and go for both fuel + 2-3 VP. A couple of times this has let me down due soviets & US having more durable and generally larger (6 man squads) forces, leaving me to lose while I probably played better and had a superior force. Is it better to sit on one fuel rather than trying to hold both and going for 2 VPs and maybe harassing the other fuel & VP in opportune moments?

Although it is kind of map dependent. On Semois summer it's pretty hard (nigh impossible) to have both fuels unless you are far superior to your opponent. Though what I'm more referring to are maps like Langres, Semois winter, La Gleize, Kholodony etc.

Though it would feel odd to me just 'letting' my opponent have the other fuel and allowing him to come and attack my position. Though I guess there has to be some kind of balance right?
17 Aug 2014, 10:55 AM

I generally hold a fuel and 2 vps and harass the other fuel point and vp. I use MGs to hold my points and usually Falls to harass the other points.
17 Aug 2014, 20:01 PM

I start out with 3 volks or kübel + 3 volks if the map has a cutoff (semoisky) point or/and is more open (langreskaya).
Then I go for T1 and put it up in a forward position if I have good map control. Then rushing for T3 getting a Luchs out, if I have enough fuel, to decimate my enemies infantry. Then everything I do is situational.
T2 is also possible, with a Puma instead of a Luchs or using the conversion to get T3 and Luchs more quickly. According to the thread you're facing.
17 Aug 2014, 21:02 PM

OKW can't have some solid strat because no matter what - Soviets have GuardSSSSS strategy :snfBarton:
18 Aug 2014, 15:05 PM

^I played against that last night, it was quite brutal. At first I thought the Kubel would bleed the snipers enough to stop him, but they could retreat and get away pretty easily. As soon as Guards arrived, even the Luchs couldn't save me. I feel I could have done some things better.
18 Aug 2014, 16:42 PM

there is no hope against that, unless you can get lucky with stukas. but anyone with half a brain will retreat the snipers as soon as they hear the stuka firing
19 Aug 2014, 15:27 PM

The only sniper counter i've found reasonable is baiting w/ multiple units. I was using 2 volks and 1 sturm pio. They had 1 guard and 2 snipers. They were using snipers to hold vp, largely stationary. I'd position pios behind a truesight blocker on a flank and move my volks up till they were engaged, then just rush the pios at their side once they had volleyed. dropped 4 sniper squads that way. Unfortunately they soon arrived with an ISU 152 and it was gg.
19 Aug 2014, 16:57 PM

Checkout the propagandacast video from last night where the OKW player baited the snipers into retreating then hit them at the HQ after they retreated with a stuka. killed 2 snipers at once. pretty good idea really.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/19302/the-propagandacast./post/202158
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS