Login

russian armor

How long we have to face ISU witch one shoot everyhting?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2014, 05:12 AM
Donator 11

Either give back elefant or nerf ISU out of the game.

Is it not too much to ask that we can eventually get all units balanced so that they are all have some appropriate level of effectiveness?

Please, hyperbole or not, can we not advocate units being made "useless" and "out of the game"? There are enough this way already.
17 Aug 2014, 06:53 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 18:09 PMMettiu
Do we have to wait another year until somebody at Relic realize that ISU is still too strong? Since axis usually have 4-5 man squads ISU will oneshoot them pretty often. I know there was attempt to fix this but it still happens pretty often.

Its ridiculously OP. Its still an anti everything unit.
17 Aug 2014, 07:06 AM

So the ISU is only countered by 2 units in the game (Elefant and Jagdtiger), and one of them costs a lot more and is only good vs other tanks.

How do you counter ISU without those 2 units? Lets presume the Soviet player isn't an idiot and has either guards or AT guns set up to deny flanking.

I don't want to see the ISU nerfed, I'd rather see counters become more viable. If it does get nerfed, then I hope it's just its AT ability. I'd like to see it shock tanks more, but do less damage and still be lethal to infantry.

the same way, soviets counter jagdtigers and elefants, by indirect fire, baiting it out and flanking after clearing out infantry support.

let them overextend, let them fire on your jagds and let them think that they can destroy your heavy tank, then once they proceed out too far out of support, your tanks should be in position to hit from the rear.

just like AT guns are useless isu152, zis are useless against jagdtigers when their front armour is 525.

to the guy who said flanking with pz4 fails because you took a shot on the way there and ur p4 was half hp. i have only l2flank to say to you. no tanks are going to survive a flank if they get shot up on the way there.
17 Aug 2014, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 07:06 AMwongtp

the same way, soviets counter jagdtigers and elefants, by indirect fire, baiting it out and flanking after clearing out infantry support.

let them overextend, let them fire on your jagds and let them think that they can destroy your heavy tank, then once they proceed out too far out of support, your tanks should be in position to hit from the rear.

just like AT guns are useless isu152, zis are useless against jagdtigers when their front armour is 525.

to the guy who said flanking with pz4 fails because you took a shot on the way there and ur p4 was half hp. i have only l2flank to say to you. no tanks are going to survive a flank if they get shot up on the way there.

wongtp
Most Played Faction/Mode:
Soviets 2v2 Ranked

I wonder how many of your 1000+ games as Sovs were won with ISU-152.

Don't sit there glibly telling people "learn2flank the ISU" if you don't actually do it yourself. That's some hypocrical BS.
17 Aug 2014, 08:05 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 07:06 AMwongtp

You don't clear infantry support with infantry because ISU-152 wipes any infantry trying it. You don't clear infantry support with tanks because ISU-152 wipes any tanks trying it.
17 Aug 2014, 08:26 AM

Its ridiculously OP. Its still an anti everything unit.

Thats my main problem with it. It is anti everything unit with a great range. As axis you have great antitanks with great range but only effective against tanks but ISU will decimate everything and on some maps it is almost impossible to flank it.
17 Aug 2014, 08:45 AM

Unit cost me more matches than any other...came in,in many cases as ostheer couldn't do anything after a while as they creep-OKW atleast has jagdtiger as counter...after nerf they took away both pak 43 and elefant for ostheer....just ridiculous.Basically i consider every ISU user as cheap noob,even if they win its zero credit.ZERO.
17 Aug 2014, 09:02 AM

Bulgakov.
You are apperantly very mad about that ISU.

By the time it comes out, you should have some AT.
Tigers, KT, packs, jadtiger/panzer, panthers.
Isu range got decreased so its pretty easy to take it out with supportive play.

Does it 1 shot squads?
It sometimes does that.
Are you trying to run towards an ISU with a blob of shrecks?
You will lose that blob.

Are you a bit smarter than that?
Maybe dedicated AT tanks, supported by AI can do the trick.

The bottom line is that it is strong, but you have the tools available to kill it. Yes adapt.
Try to get its attention at the flanks, let it turn and move in with your at guns and tanks.
Hit it from the side and it probably needs to retreat for repairs.

Is the ISU on the left side of the map?
Take the right,mine the flanks, get ready for the counter.
I am talking about teamgames, I dont know how it scales in 1v1 games.
17 Aug 2014, 09:15 AM

but since ISU can get my PIV to almost half health in just one shot, or decimate whole squads even on vet 5 its not that simple.

You are comparing a medium tank with a super heavy late game tank.
Good luck with that.

And dont run infantry in the radius of the Isu, thats like asking for a wipe.
Also, it doesnt consequently wipe squads anymore as it did.
17 Aug 2014, 09:35 AM
Donator 11

Good luck with that.

i actually think , that the isu is fine, but the squadAI is not. those wipes often occur, because your units were running bunched up. change this and its perfect
17 Aug 2014, 09:46 AM

atm in 2v2s the ISU is almost unbeatable in certain situations and maps. americans spam vet rifles and get bars/zookas + fuel caches, while soviets go snipers/scout car or maxims and at guns, whatever they choose. even if map control is even, you're winning because youre saving all your fuel for ez8s and isu152s. once they come out it is very very very easy to just park yourself at a VP and take back any territories you lost during the mid game. since the american did not spend any fuel other than weapon unlocks, you can spam ez8s, while the soviet player just backs up the isu152 with snipers and guards. its rather bullshit and extremely difficult to fight against.

you talk about using combined arms to defeat isu152s, but you also have to remember that the soviet player will also be using combined arms to defend the isu, not to mention that their ally will trying to be covering for their weakness.

it was a fairly close game and we were even losing, but ez8s and isu152s come out and its just easy going from there.

edit: its not the best game to really show how stupid the ISU is, but its the only game i have on hand atm.
17 Aug 2014, 09:49 AM

So much bullshit. When the ISU is out you should have out KT / JT and other stuff. C'mon so much bullshit.

ISU is overpowered, period. Maps help were you can not flank, Puma is going down due to Guards, Pz IV flanking is also doomed and Jagdpanzer IV can not reliable penetrate it and flanking with a turretless tank is as good as your bullshit advices.

Alone this quote
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 02:41 AMNinjaWJ

but you can scare it off. Getting a couple of potshots with some schrecks and at guns/armor will make ISU back off. ISU does not have very strong armor. I think it can get killed by 2-3 shots of Kingtiger/Jagdtiger

Armor is not very strong, you can kill it with Kingtiger/Jagdtiger. Wow we got a Shakespeare with rocket engineering knowledge here.

AT guns will not reliable penetrate it, but will reliable be decrewed. Other things are not going to work well.

While the ISU is the perfect thing to come back from a game or to finish of the enemy, you can nearly do something when the enemy got the initiative and is able to field it fast because you have no serious counter for it except lategame units that are fuel hungry like Jagdtiger/Elefant/Kingtiger.

Everybody who said l2p - just learn to grow up, look at some stuff in all objectivity, get serious and than write back.
17 Aug 2014, 09:49 AM

It will surely get nerfed eventually again. There were several changes to ISU to prevent oneshotting squads, but they for some reason with this unit are incredibly careful (not so with other units) so their mini-changes didn't do much and the ISU keeps oneshotting stuff. Since the problem hasn't been solved, we can expect more of those changes until it is done. With Relic's current speed that might take a while though.

Meanwhile where the ISU kills squads with pinpoint precision from 70 range, the Brummbär struggles with even hitting one man from a six man squad from 40 range as I have seen on Hans stream lately again :rolleyes:
17 Aug 2014, 09:51 AM

wongtp
Most Played Faction/Mode:
Soviets 2v2 Ranked

I wonder how many of your 1000+ games as Sovs were won with ISU-152.

Don't sit there glibly telling people "learn2flank the ISU" if you don't actually do it yourself. That's some hypocrical BS.

my team uses isu152 EXTENSIVELY because of bullshit like jagdtiger/elefants that appears in almost 90% of 2v2 games. using is2 or anything else that isnt a isu152 basically gimps us because then, there is no way to bait the jagdtiger out.

on the contrary, im the t34/85 player and i have to flank heavy tanks all the time. so i pretty much know how its like to flank with medium tanks especially against german superheavies.

you can also note that im 38th as axis 2v2 with a MUCH lesser games played and a better win rate because heh, axis is that much simpler to play.

You don't clear infantry support with infantry because ISU-152 wipes any infantry trying it. You don't clear infantry support with tanks because ISU-152 wipes any tanks trying it.

indirect fire, stukas, isg, incendiary mortar rounds. also, use heavy tanks to draw fire from the isu152, you can fall back and repair. flank with pumas/p4s/panthers/tanks. the isu152 will rather shoot at tigers than infantry.
17 Aug 2014, 10:02 AM

All these superhero longerange units have to go. ISU, elefant and jagd.

ISU though being number one imba unit with its no-man-land circle of radius 70 around it.

It's a joke OKW is confined to going jagd versus anyy decent ISU player.

And please don't start with your L2P if the soviet player already did L2P.
17 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 10:02 AMxeno
All these superhero longerange units have to go. ISU, elefant and jagd.

this is true, remove all, replace with tigers/command panther we would have a better balanced game.
17 Aug 2014, 10:19 AM

Bulgakov.
You are apperantly very mad about that ISU.

By the time it comes out, you should have some AT.
Tigers, KT, packs, jadtiger/panzer, panthers.
Isu range got decreased so its pretty easy to take it out with supportive play.

Does it 1 shot squads?
It sometimes does that.
Are you trying to run towards an ISU with a blob of shrecks?
You will lose that blob.

Are you a bit smarter than that?
Maybe dedicated AT tanks, supported by AI can do the trick.

The bottom line is that it is strong, but you have the tools available to kill it. Yes adapt.
Try to get its attention at the flanks, let it turn and move in with your at guns and tanks.
Hit it from the side and it probably needs to retreat for repairs.

Is the ISU on the left side of the map?
Take the right,mine the flanks, get ready for the counter.

Sigh... Are we reduced to "you mad bro?" C'mon, you can be better than that.

"By the time it comes out, you should have some AT. "
It can one-shot paks and pueppchens. You would know this if you didn't play Sovs all the time.

"Does it 1 shot squads?
It sometimes does that. "
It does it *often*, not sometimes.

"Are you trying to run towards an ISU with a blob of shrecks?
You will lose that blob.
You have played against me. Did you see a blob of anything?

"Yes adapt"

This is so sad. Did I say "just adapt" about Luftwaffe supply blocking roads / being powerful in combination with OKW? No, I didn't. I said "I see your point, it should be looked at and changed". I shall no longer bother.

17 Aug 2014, 10:21 AM

Maybe all the super units (Elefant, ISU-152, Jagdtiger) should get a lock down ability similar to the Marder III in Coh1. Only if locked down they are allowed to fire. Then it would take about 5-10 seconds to get them moving again. Give them 100 range back, but don´t allow them to fire on the move. This way they could lock down a sector, but would be vulnerable to flanks and would have to be used with caution.
17 Aug 2014, 10:29 AM

Oh no... ofcours we're heading to 'if you didn't play soviet all the time', sadly enough..

I play soviet a lot, I know how people counter ISU's.
It's perfectly counterable, just not with a few small arms and medium tanks.
Playing soviets a lot makes me know this faction very good.
I'm not a fanboy, I like playing axis but just prefer to have a very mobile and versatile force.

Isu got nerfed and there are a lot of counters now.
KT, Tiger, 2 panthers, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer in conjunction with other units.

It's about adapting your playstyle and tactics to certain units on the map. The same with a Jagdtiger. If this unit hits the field you have to retreat your tanks to -100 range cause otherwise you will get rekt. Does this mean the Jagdtiger is OP and needs a nerf?
No, I don't think so, it's about adapting your style to certain situation.

If you disagree, so be it man.
Different people can have other opinions.
17 Aug 2014, 10:39 AM

Good luck with that.

I am comparing tank with assualt gun. You know the difference? probably not.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS