Login

russian armor

Please give the Flak HT some love

16 Aug 2014, 09:29 AM

I think the Flak HT is fine as it is. It has nice range, it just needs spotters to spot for it. The US HT on the other hand is still over the top in my humble opinion.

OKW HT has nice crowd control, good damage, decent range, but comes with the drawbacks of the setup time and being squishy. The US HT is pretty much the same, but can penetrate vehicles easier without any drawbacks.

TLDR: My opinion, OKW HT is fine, US HT isn't.
16 Aug 2014, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 09:29 AMArkaine
I think the Flak HT is fine as it is. It has nice range, it just needs spotters to spot for it. The US HT on the other hand is still over the top in my humble opinion.

OKW HT has nice crowd control, good damage, decent range, but comes with the drawbacks of the setup time and being squishy. The US HT is pretty much the same, but can penetrate vehicles easier without any drawbacks.

TLDR: My opinion, OKW HT is fine, US HT isn't.

USF HT is in every way better, OKW HT is a toaster compared to USF HT.

16 Aug 2014, 09:37 AM

Yes, it is a bad example, but doesn't mean the flak HT isn't a waste of precious fuel, unless you really need some anti-air power.

Somehow the Panzer 2 is 10x more effective than this piece of junk, but cheaper. :/
16 Aug 2014, 09:46 AM

Fucking remove pack up-time. 3s, really? lol
16 Aug 2014, 10:12 AM

Worst video ever.

Only the pack-up time of the Flak halftrack is something that needs to be looked at.
16 Aug 2014, 10:27 AM

With a faster(max 1 sec), or no pack up time, this units would be fine imo.
16 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM

Setup-time vehicles are a bad idea in the first place. They need range or durability to work and this unit doesn't really have either. Its range is ok but with the long setup and teardown time getting it into position is a pita. Of course you could increase its durability but that would only create huge potential for balance problems in the early game.

Just remove the teardown time. It creates problems when the unit starts setting up by itself and you have to wait ages to be able to correct that.
It is meant to support your troops from afar but it really can't do that. It is simply too clunky for that.

If it was meant to work as a defensive unit, they should just have made the flak emplacement basic.

Another solution would be: Give it an ability that locks the turret in place and prevents the unit from setting up. Maybe even with a slight (5 m?) range increase. This basically turns it into an assault gun. I don't know if this was historically possible, maybe give it a minimum range (5-10 m?) because it can't pivot down.
16 Aug 2014, 17:23 PM

Without setup/packup time the thing would be OP as fuck.

It would squad wipe units left and right and a fast one could be a game winner.

The damage it puts out is over the top as it is, and it suppresses and you people still complain? This is a case of L2P if there ever was one.
16 Aug 2014, 18:29 PM

The damage it puts out is over the top as it is, and it suppresses and you people still complain? This is a case of L2P if there ever was one.

16 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

That video made me laugh, why would you use it like that
16 Aug 2014, 18:36 PM

The only problem with flack weapons is their unique status of being able to be 100% blocked by intervening terrain.

If it wasn't unique to flack or it wasn't a thing on the HT, it'd be fine as is. Great damage, range and suppression. Fine and dandy by me.
16 Aug 2014, 18:43 PM

The people not want a unit wiht a AC agility, with a Ostwind firepower, in first buildable unit Mr.Deeds. But i want a useable unit, who has the ability for fallback, if need. Relic want this unit for main defensive OKW unit, vs inf. blob? OK, need a good long setup time, i dont care, but not pack up, because if you lost your first vehicle not your fault, but the broken ballistic weapon+high ground+idiot pack up time, is not good. I dont like see this scenario, rifles charge with bazooka/guards/conscript with AT nade, HT shoot the ground, and hopeless the retreat, or from fog of war, the AT gun shoot you, you immedieatly try escape, with good awareness-micro, and you can't. This is bad.
16 Aug 2014, 18:54 PM

If flak projectiles get improved as to not hit the ground when the target is at a 1 meter elevation, then that would be all the buffing this unit needs.

It suppresses in a burst or less, eats squads, and actually does have decent range. I'll live with a set-up/packup time if flak becomes holy and goes through fences and the like.
16 Aug 2014, 18:57 PM

It's best used defensively. And these guys where in green cover.
16 Aug 2014, 19:04 PM

The point is, it shouldn't die to small arms like that. I wasn't the one using it but I was sure as hell shocked when a single bar nearly killed the thing. It's fine for something like the armoured car with its mobility and firepower to be squishy to small arms, but not something like the flak ht.
16 Aug 2014, 19:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

haha ikr. Its stupidly good IF it actually hits.

I cant imagine the tears i would shed if this thing drove up with little to no setup time fap-slapping squads to pieces in half a burst.
16 Aug 2014, 20:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I am going to interject - gently- at this point.

This thread was reading quite well, views being considered and accepted/rejected, until we get to posts #24 and 28, when out pop the use of unnecessary profanities, which cheapens the whole thing, not least because the use of the word "fuck" hardly adds to debate in any wholesome manner.

If you want to be taken seriously, please desist from gratuitous swearing.
16 Aug 2014, 20:23 PM
Donator 22

Worst video ever.

Only the pack-up time of the Flak halftrack is something that needs to be looked at.

+1
and the only problem I have with the flak HT is that he is hitting the ground/the fence to often :S
16 Aug 2014, 22:31 PM

That video made me laugh, why would you use it like that

He probably right clicked on that infantry when he saw them, and HT started unpacking while driving and if that happens it will make stupid moves.... That kinda driving happens when u right click on enemy unit, mix that with stupid pathfinding of that vehicle and clumsiness. And u got dead OKW HT...
If that unit do some stupid shijat infront of enemy unit i usualy leave it, because of that damn packing it will have more chance to survive with shooting... Usualy shooting ground...
16 Aug 2014, 22:38 PM

Best way to fix the Flak HT: Give it smoke at Vet 0, like how the puma doesn't need vet to use it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★