Login

russian armor

Mech company in 1v1

14 Aug 2014, 23:26 PM

Does anyone go mech in 1v1? What is your strategy with it?
15 Aug 2014, 00:58 AM

I use Mechanized reasonably often, usually on larger, more open maps. My usual strategy is to build a Dodge after my 2nd Rifle, which can be used to contest the map very aggressively, going after my opponent's fuel or cutoff if possible. Until Panzershrecks come out the Jeep is pretty survivable against small arms fire, though Sturmpioneers will wreck it if they get close. I wouldn't recommend a second Dodge, since the unit becomes fairly redundant after a certain point. If you keep the Dodge alive, but find it becoming useless due to widespread counters, simply retreat it off the map using the doctrinal ability to regain fuel.

I usually go for 4 Rifles -> Captain, since the fuel investment into the Dodge makes LT a bit risky because it leaves you vulnerable to early Pumas/Armoured Cars e.t.c. Additionally, the Dodge fulfills the same function as most units the LT unlocks - early game presure.

After that point, the commander has a fairly minimal impact on the game. Recon Sweep is nice, if a little dull. I dislike the M3/Assault Engie call-in, since an M3 is useless at that point and I probably wouldn't pick Mechanized on the sort of map where Assault Engineers would be good. The only other thing to note about the commander is the artillery barrage. IMO this is a fantastic artillery call-in - fast, accurate, powerful and pretty cheap. In particular, it does excellent damage to OKW truck buildings, and can even one-hit them sometimes. This is an excellent way of dealing with an aggressively placed Schwerer Panzer HQ, or of just pissing off your opponent if you are floating munitions.

Overall, I think its a solid commander, which I use as part of my main 1v1 loadout (alongside Armour and either Infantry or Airborne).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★