Login

russian armor

Everything Wrong with that Interview...

• This thread is locked
14 Aug 2014, 09:20 AM

It was fine, relax guys.

Was it a marketing pitch for new players? No, it was intended for us, the guys already playing.

Too bad it's SP content, might have been interesting otherwise.
14 Aug 2014, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 09:20 AMjacko
It was fine, relax guys.

Was it a marketing pitch for new players? No, it was intended for us, the guys already playing.

Too bad it's SP content, might have been interesting otherwise.

Of course it was for new players. I mean, why should they travel to germany for the Gamescom if they want to be unknown? They would just have announced it with a video if they really wanted this only for us. I remember that the goal once was to make COH a franchise.
14 Aug 2014, 09:56 AM

14 Aug 2014, 10:14 AM
Donator 11

Only reason dow got more players is warhammer brand is free advertisment, vcoh was a brilliant game and a much better game than dow yet it has much less players and i only found out about the game by accident. I have never heard any irl friends talk about coh or even know what it is.

coh2 its all the same all over again, horrible marketing.
14 Aug 2014, 13:08 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I can speak to a few of these, but not all.

#2 - they definitely prepped for the interview, but the interviewer was changed by Twitch at the last minute. This resulted in a number of changes to the interview format and what was said during the stream.

#3 - this was beyond our control. The format for these interviews were that we provide Twitch with the content, and their team sets it up and plays it. This includes sound balance - it was out of our control.

#5 - definitely tested beforehand. Same as point number three, the video file was provided to Twitch and their folks were to line up playing it. We only had a live 15 minute slot with them, so when they couldn't get it to play - that was it.

We're not happy that the Ardennes Assault footage didn't play, and very much recognize that today's announcement needs to be built upon.

Thank you for the feedback - we're definitely growing and improving. We do have a very small team but are working hard to get you guys more information.

Thanks for you're reply Cynthia however I am not convinced.

#2 The second guy had a voice didn't he? He could have spoken up during any moment in the interview. Also people can improvise.

#3 So you tell me that video file provided was out of you're control? I don't understand. If you guys had created the video file before hand with the sound and footage correctly balanced then the guys at Twitch wouldn't of had to do anything except play the clip.

#5 Ok if Twitch can't play it then fair enough that's not you're fault but surely they must of tested it before hand to see if it worked?

So as for my points 2 and 4 I guess there isn't an excuse and this is a prime example of why we have such a small community. Relic's number one issue at the this current moment in time is not balance or not enough multiplayer or single player content it's just plain old marketing. Someone really needs to sort this out. Period.
14 Aug 2014, 14:14 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Relic don't worry, your presentation wasn't worse than Microsoft's. :D
14 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

Thanks for you're reply Cynthia however I am not convinced.

#2 The second guy had a voice didn't he? He could have spoken up during any moment in the interview. Also people can improvise.

#3 So you tell me that video file provided was out of you're control? I don't understand. If you guys had created the video file before hand with the sound and footage correctly balanced then the guys at Twitch wouldn't of had to do anything except play the clip.

#5 Ok if Twitch can't play it then fair enough that's not you're fault but surely they must of tested it before hand to see if it worked?

So as for my points 2 and 4 I guess there isn't an excuse and this is a prime example of why we have such a small community. Relic's number one issue at the this current moment in time is not balance or not enough multiplayer or single player content it's just plain old marketing. Someone really needs to sort this out. Period.

#1 They themselves said they had jetlag, maybe that contributed.

#3 I'm pretty sure you can't really save what volume your speakers were on at the time you created your video, the volume on the stage's speakers might have just been too high.

14 Aug 2014, 15:35 PM

No worries! It's been a long day here.

We just got a youtube video up with an interview from the Gamescom floor and some Ardennes Assault footage. You guys can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYU9LAeCv7o&feature=youtu.be

Cynthia, it's very refreshing to have someone from Relic actually interact with the community and not deflect or avoid issues brought up. I feel like we haven't had that since maybe Buggo back during CoH1.
14 Aug 2014, 15:41 PM

We are hard on you guys because we love this game.

Furthermore bears.
14 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM

#1 They themselves said they had jetlag, maybe that contributed.

#3 I'm pretty sure you can't really save what volume your speakers were on at the time you created your video, the volume on the stage's speakers might have just been too high.

#1 Yhey had more than enough time to make it in house in office before they left for Gamescom, idea's and expansions like this don't just get made up overnight, especially for a big gaming expo, it's all thought out, what they want to show, how they want to announce it, etc.

3# I guess, but you'd think twitch would have some staff to do a test run of footage on a local level, even if only on an in house PC/Laptop to make sure it's levels were fine.

And Relic as said, we are only hard on you because we love the game and want to see it grow and get better.
14 Aug 2014, 16:23 PM

As the publisher, isn't Sega responsible for marketing moreso than Relic?

I do worry about the future of the game, while it seems to me like WFA brought in some new players (just anecdotal, been easier to find games since the expansion), I don't hear an awful lot about the game outside of this forum.

I get the feeling that something big is in the pipeline which Sega will put some oomph behind to grow the playerbase (I think War-spoils and free commander rotation is just an opening act for some big change) and that's when we'll see a real push.
14 Aug 2014, 16:58 PM

Like Hans said. if you want customers, show them footage of epic battles from tournaments.
14 Aug 2014, 18:11 PM
Donator 22

Hans,
in the moment the interview was running, some things were definitely out of their control. I agree – the show was horribly boring and poor.
But that twitch guy interviewing was no good choice. So, it seems, were the people backstage, mixing the sound and playing the footage. Once you are on stage – there is little you can do about that.
But you are right, you could still talk about interesting stuff 
And compared to the show before them, I dunno, the guys before relic on the twitch cast were simply far far better. And for them, everything worked. Like pretty much everywhere else on gamescom. That was sad to see.
14 Aug 2014, 18:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hans,
in the moment the interview was running, some things were definitely out of their control. I agree – the show was horribly boring and poor.
But that twitch guy interviewing was no good choice. So, it seems, were the people backstage, mixing the sound and playing the footage. Once you are on stage – there is little you can do about that.
But you are right, you could still talk about interesting stuff 
And compared to the show before them, I dunno, the guys before relic on the twitch cast were simply far far better. And for them, everything worked. Like pretty much everywhere else on gamescom. That was sad to see.

+1 :)

The interviewer wrong footed poor QD from the getgo, by starting down one track and then switching his question at the last second. QD then goes into default mode, answering the questions which the hapless interviewer puts to him.

Nor could the interviewer subsequently guide QD's no 2 at all satisfactorily. Frankly, (IMO) the fault starts with Twitch and then ends with Twitch, as they fail to load the vid.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 18:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 07:07 AMVonIvan
Hate to be harsh but all I want is the best for this game.

I'm definitely aware of the fact that passionate discussion means you guys really care about the franchise.

I'll have to look this video up, I might also have to watch it through my fingers...
14 Aug 2014, 18:35 PM
Donator 22

I would recommend: just move on :-)
get things rolling for tomorrow.
14 Aug 2014, 18:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I would recommend: just move on :-)
get things rolling for tomorrow.

And on that sage note, we'll finish here and regather for tomorrow. Thanks to most for keeping it clean :)
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS