Login

russian armor

Reconnect option

10 Aug 2014, 23:28 PM

That would be nice to have a reconnect option, like a 5 min windows.

It could save many great match lost because of loc.

Ty. Relic !
11 Aug 2014, 00:43 AM
Senior Caster Badge

This would definitely be a great thing now that we've moved to the battle servers or whatever. I don't know what the battle servers are but I thought they would let us get things like reconnect and obs mode.
11 Aug 2014, 01:40 AM

This would be nice to have.
11 Aug 2014, 02:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

love to see a reconnect option at least for 2v2 and up. in 1v1 though i don't see it adding enough pros to weigh out the cons. i mean having to wait 5 minutes for someone to rejoin just so you can leave the game and move on the next? even if it were 2 minutes id argue thats really long.
11 Aug 2014, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 02:40 AMWiFiDi
love to see a reconnect option at least for 2v2 and up. in 1v1 though i don't see it adding enough pros to weigh out the cons. i mean having to wait 5 minutes for someone to rejoin just so you can leave the game and move on the next? even if it were 2 minutes id argue thats really long.

you would not have to wait, the cpu would take over while the player is trying to comeback within the 5 min.

When the player (steam_id) is back the cpu would give back the control to the player.

I think that better then having a cpu for the rest of the game. After the 5 min delay, then it's too late.

The game client has only to keep the last game_id he was on.(Saved on disk at the beginning of the match.)
11 Aug 2014, 05:47 AM

Or can we also have an option to control friendly teammate when they drop ?

Just like CS:GO - You can control the bot after you die or just let he do whatever he wants.

Sometimes my friend lost internet and we got cum back so hard.

Not sure if it's too hard to put into the game ?
11 Aug 2014, 06:24 AM

The minute a DC is detected, player who DCs has 1 minute to reconnect, game pauses in this time. Any longer is too long, in a 1v1 anyway.

If Relic could actually be able to let you control your buddy's army when he DC's that would be awesome. However an option needs to be added whether or not you want to control the army or not, since it can obviously get overwhelming. Grace period for reconnecting could be longer in this case, 3 - 5 minutes.

Reconnects are honestly a basic feature, at least they should be in 2014. Come on relic a lot of your game design is embarrassingly archaic, step it up! Dare I mention rebindable hotkeys? lol
11 Aug 2014, 06:38 AM

I will be satisfied if the AI took over when someone disconnects, giving 5 minutes to be able to reconnect and continue playing.
11 Aug 2014, 09:15 AM
Patrion 14

I prefer the "AI takeover, 5 minute reconnect window" approach to "game pauses for 5 minutes and waits for possible reconnects". I mean sure, an opponent will make use of the AI's stupidity until the player reconnects, but that's preferable to losing the game outright.

While we are in fantasy land, I would also like the AI to go into special unit-preservation mode until a player reconnects. Nothing too evasive, just let it not drive your tanks into a Leroy Jenkins charge the minute it takes over (as the CPU - Hard has been known to, to my infinite delight).

Realistically, since the game is a lock-step RTS, I don't see Relic adding this feature any time soon.

Also, there will be some waiting while the player reconnects - basically all the other players would probably have to wait for the equivalent of the loading time of the reconnecting player.
11 Aug 2014, 11:08 AM

This would be an EXCELLENT idea, AI takes over your ally/you in 5 minutes, and if you come back, you regain control, but if you dont come back again, then..obviously nope. Im really looking forward to this <444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★