Login

russian armor

Elite Mod 3.0

PAGES (7)down
12 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM

a small PE update is here!

Elite Mod 3.3

Unlike with vCoh changes: 5 million hours, low risk changes, because the balance between the factions was already pretty good;
This patch (tiny rework) is a pure gamble and was made in only a few hours.

I can't guarantee it being better or awesome or w/e. But at least that's the idea!

13 Nov 2014, 01:17 AM

Misses a few things I think deserve changes:

-Vampire should be able to detect AT guns and M18s, if you're going to be nerfing it's detection range, at least buff what it can actually detect.

-Group Zeal is really freaking ridiculous as it is, and buffing it's cost will promote more Pgren spammy gameplay. I don't know if you realize but Group Zeal buffs on %health and increasing pgren health makes this upgrade almost way too good and will solidify PE meta of going T2-T3. T1 is still not worth the cost since advanced repairs are way too good, mortars are required buying, and panzershreks are required for PBattlegroup.

-I don't know if you managed to fix sticky bomb damage to hotchkiss by changing its target table, but that should definitely be fixed

-Is the goal to solidify PE AC as the main counter versus snipers?

-By nerfing detection range on kettenkrad did that also reduce it's detection range on detecting mines?

-Muni HT reinforcement was broken in 2v2, I recommend reverting this change
13 Nov 2014, 13:28 PM

I wish relic would at least fix the staghound. That alone would be an improvment in current automatch...
13 Nov 2014, 15:26 PM

Misses a few things I think deserve changes:

-Vampire should be able to detect AT guns and M18s, if you're going to be nerfing it's detection range, at least buff what it can actually detect.

-Group Zeal is really freaking ridiculous as it is, and buffing it's cost will promote more Pgren spammy gameplay. I don't know if you realize but Group Zeal buffs on %health and increasing pgren health makes this upgrade almost way too good and will solidify PE meta of going T2-T3. T1 is still not worth the cost since advanced repairs are way too good, mortars are required buying, and panzershreks are required for PBattlegroup.

-I don't know if you managed to fix sticky bomb damage to hotchkiss by changing its target table, but that should definitely be fixed

-Is the goal to solidify PE AC as the main counter versus snipers?

-By nerfing detection range on kettenkrad did that also reduce it's detection range on detecting mines?

-Muni HT reinforcement was broken in 2v2, I recommend reverting this change

- Vampire detection range is not nerfed it's 18 now as a standard and still 30 when in lockdown. Hell why would I nerf vampire in any way. (Except teh bugged Goliath ofc) So it's actually buffed.
Short note:
What was interesting when observer mode was 'turned on' you could see units through the fog with Vampires. But it would also detect camo so that was kinda of euh problem.

- Maybe, maybe not. Also keep in mind US is not the same US as in vCoh

- Hotchkiss hmm, they just have low health and if you get the full sticky damage you deal half health to them. But it's the same for a puma for example. It's not really a bugged value. Hotchkiss is pretty manoeuverable and I would like to test it's new effectiveness first. Before getting raped by Hotchkiss spam every game.

- I kept AC A possible counter to snipers, but having added more detection to vampire, buffs to scoutcar and through veteran sarge I hope PE players find more ways of dealing with snipers.
Keep in mind AC overdrive, while still a burst of speed did get tuned down a little.

- Euhm ye that was formulated badly: that nerf only applies to camouflaged (luft) kettens. + nope: the modifier does not apply to camouflage of mines.

- Hmm good point, but then again, was it really more broken than an infantry halftrack or a FHQ + healing? how was it used to max potential?

For some reasons talking about camouflage so much made me realize: still gotta edit PE rifles vs snipers armor.
14 Nov 2014, 07:41 AM

I actually like the changes made fundas bumper nexus 6, they add some variety to a game that otherwise soporte coche nexus 9 tablet is getting a bit stale as well.
14 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 07:41 AMJaklina
I actually like the changes made, they add some variety to a game that otherwise is getting a bit stale as well.

............................................................................................................
Changes like 10 manpower do fuck all I mean come one, 0.05 increased accuracy against cover, and that stupid stuff is unecessary, and can easily throw off people who are used to the values.
14 Nov 2014, 22:52 PM

Nice paradox, they do fuck all but can throw people off hmm.

U haven't even played the mod and already judged based on your lack of predictive power, knowledge and insight in game mechanics.
When did you become an authority on balance though?
That last time you won that tournament or that one time you got that level 20?
Edit: Oh wait that never happened cause you lack basic skill and brains.
15 Nov 2014, 00:18 AM

Omfg seriously, no one will play a mod that has so many changes that are essentailyl Excess Fat, I mean FFS, easily trimming stuff down would probably help, coh doesn't need A major random balance mod to change the Meta Cuz its STALE, it needs minor stuff fixed out, and that is it.
Also Real fucking mature I'm an 18 year old Trying to help out, your a fuckhead who can't even understand the fact that no one gives a shit about this fucking mod, and it doesn't take brain to realize that all these changes are fucking unecessary you fucking ****************************************************
15 Nov 2014, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 22:52 PM12ocky
Nice paradox, they do fuck all but can throw people off hmm.

U haven't even played the mod and already judged based on your lack of predictive power, knowledge and insight in game mechanics.
When did you become an authority on balance though?
That last time you won that tournament or that one time you got that level 20?

I did play the mod, when there was no gigantic unecessary changes, and it was great, it was vcoh,with a bit of a sniper debuff.
So I guess to be able to know anything about coh balance, I need to be a level 20 player, who has won atleast 1 tourney.
So when did you become any of those two, that qualifies you to change tommy's original mod, Which he himself has distanced from this (elitemod 3.0) which should be name 12ockies mod.
15 Nov 2014, 00:26 AM

Omfg seriously, no one will play a mod that has so many changes that are essentailyl Excess Fat, I mean FFS, easily trimming stuff down would probably help, coh doesn't need A major random balance mod to change the Meta Cuz its STALE, it needs minor stuff fixed out, and that is it.

(Edit: Oh wait that never happened cause you lack basic skill and brains.)
Also Real fucking mature.
15 Nov 2014, 00:57 AM

Oktarnash, chill.

Back on topic, I'll try that.
I don't like to pg start. PE players won't use that pg to cap the map.. Rushing that squad to the US cut off will pretty much bring the squad to meet the first capping eng squad (langres, ango).
15 Nov 2014, 02:32 AM

It's not because you don't like the cover of a book, that the story is bad.
Where do you get the right to tell people off of playing it if you haven't even played it yourself

Excess Fat

What does this so called 'excess fat' do that makes the game worse? Anorexia problems? :p

So when did you become any of those two, that qualifies you to change tommy's original mod, Which he himself has distanced from this (elitemod 3.0) which should be name 12ockies mod.

- Don't you know the history of COH? I used to be the best. :D
- 95% of the changes made, came of a list of mine. (Can't take credit for sniper zeal and 50 cal on croc that's about it.)
- He gave up the project to anyone who had interest in it (see TFN goodbye post)
- He didn't make half as many fixes. Strafing run was a lazy fix, which handicapped the ability. Sniper zeal wasn't functioning properly on snipers etc... I am really glad he started the project but it wasn't more than a 'quick fix will do'.
- I don't give a shit what's it called. Name it Rocky's Mod, name it Oktarnoob mod for all I care.
I only wanted to get the max potential gameplay out of the brilliant COH engine.
Call it a dedication to the people who created COH.
A bit of the opposite what Relic of today has achieved: disgracing it.

I don't like to pg start. PE players won't use that pg to cap the map.. Rushing that squad to the US cut off will pretty much bring the squad to meet the first capping eng squad (langres, ango).

Well yes, that's very much possible. It just needs some playtesting to see what is really optimal and what is not and how it all turns out to be.

Let me try explain the whole idea:
PE today starts 'faster' than USA. They instantly cap territory sectors and they actually don't need to bother with munitions. So they can just focus on fuel and stay ahead of teching the whole game. If they do send their first squad to cutoff then they sacrifice capping power + remember they don't have their G43's available from scratch, they need 5 munitions for that.

23 Nov 2014, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM12ocky
a small PE update is here!

Elite Mod 3.3

Unlike with vCoh changes: 5 million hours, low risk changes, because the balance between the factions was already pretty good;
This patch (tiny rework) is a pure gamble and was made in only a few hours.

I can't guarantee it being better or awesome or w/e. But at least that's the idea!

-Dont understand why t1 unit need the nerf (anyone play t1 these day?)
-Most people get luff doctline for the advance repair of ground force but it got nerf and dunno will people still use it
-PG tech is cheaper,better (PG start ,at nade,field craft,group zeal,vet sarge, shrek dmg increase , reinforce cost lowered , sniper nerf , pg death exp decrease) but ac,atht,mortar are more costly. so PE is all about PG blob now?
-Is hotchkiss upgun 100% penetrate vs heavy armour (persh and churchill )'s front armour fixed
23 Nov 2014, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 03:42 AMTeddy

-Dont understand why t1 unit need the nerf (anyone play t1 these day?)
-Most people get luff doctline for the advance repair of ground force but it got nerf and dunno will people still use it
-PG tech is cheaper,better (PG start ,at nade,field craft,group zeal,vet sarge, shrek dmg increase , reinforce cost lowered , sniper nerf , pg death exp decrease) but ac,atht,mortar are more costly. so PE is all about PG blob now?
-Is hotchkiss upgun 100% penetrate vs heavy armour (persh and churchill )'s front armour fixed

- It hasn't really been nerfed, except for the Goliath bug. Scoutcar has had a couple of nerfs yes, but it's also buffed in several ways.

- Exactly the reasons I changed it. Nobody ever got advanced repairs because they would just get luftwaffe groundforces: a much cheaper solution. Then again: advanced repairs was just so expensive. It almost channeled people into getting Luftwaffe. I'm trying to create some more doctrinal options. Because i'm almost certain over 50% of the games people picked Luft

- Hmm PE blob has increased in power yes. It's probably a tad too strong, but I wouldn't write this off to the upgrades. I'm already looking for a couple of ways to nerf it.
* New mortar has some really good powers
* AC? better than ever, Overdrive tad weaker.
* ATHT: I already need to nerf this because I made the Treadbreaker OP. Whilst I thought I was nerfing it.

- Yes that's fixed. It's weaker now at killing tanks. But has increased effectiveness vs infantry compared to the old one.
23 Nov 2014, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 15:28 PM12ocky

- It hasn't really been nerfed, except for the Goliath bug. Scoutcar has had a couple of nerfs yes, but it's also buffed in several ways.

- Exactly the reasons I changed it. Nobody ever got advanced repairs because they would just get luftwaffe groundforces: a much cheaper solution. Then again: advanced repairs was just so expensive. It almost channeled people into getting Luftwaffe. I'm trying to create some more doctrinal options. Because i'm almost certain over 50% of the games people picked Luft

- Hmm PE blob has increased in power yes. It's probably a tad too strong, but I wouldn't write this off to the upgrades. I'm already looking for a couple of ways to nerf it.
* New mortar has some really good powers
* AC? better than ever, Overdrive tad weaker.
* ATHT: I already need to nerf this because I made the Treadbreaker OP. Whilst I thought I was nerfing it.

- Yes that's fixed. It's weaker now at killing tanks. But has increased effectiveness vs infantry compared to the old one.

-scout car need some neft (yes but i think 5 fuel needed is enough and reduce its cap rate is too much) ammo halftrack need 10 fuel? (how many time you ever seen any1 build such thing in 100 game? i think you need to buff it not neff it ) vampire can cap now and its cool

-not sure is it really to neff luff ground force's repiar ability cause advance repair is pretty cheap now and people might choose other doctline instead now.but if you neff luff ground force repair ability , are you going to buff it combat ability or make it's cost/reinforce cost cheaper? (since rifleman got buff in rifle accuracy and reinforce cost and the only other reason choose it is cause it can capture weapon, cheaper reinforcement might be good )

- maybe 50% of people pick luff now but there is > 75% people pick t2 -> t3 -> t4 now and 80% people blob pg with 4 squad or more (1v1).T1 is hardy seen except for increase squad size and only small amount of scout car is used. should nerf pg blob and make more people choose t1)

-ac using puma gun now but its more expensive and dont have health bonus now and vet1 def neffed, upkeep also increased

-not sure about atht , didnt test it (so tb not work on full health us t4 unit?)

-good to see how hotchkiss work now (can the effectiveness vs infantry compare to stuart and m8 )

23 Nov 2014, 18:20 PM

- We'll see about Scoutcar
- Muni halftrack is amazing (can reinforce) + minelaying ability goes smoother now
- Luft combat is still the same, rifles are only better vs soldier armor. Luft has just standard infantry armor like volks.
23 Nov 2014, 21:21 PM

Elite Mod 3.4 Quick Fix

Other link

A couple of adjustments after games vs Lexy. We'll see how it goes.
24 Nov 2014, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 21:21 PM12ocky
Elite Mod 3.4 Quick Fix

A couple of adjustments after games vs Lexy. We'll see how it goes.
What's fixed?
24 Nov 2014, 14:35 PM

The notes are inside the download file but w/e:

- I gave a pretty hard nerf to PE Kar98k vs infantry types (engineers, rifles, crews), but at long range their effectivess got buffed so at least at long range it equals out. (I know this might make PE handicapped again, but atm it's a bit too strong, I will give a buff to it again if it's deemed necessary.)
- PE offensive vet on infantry applied in 2 different ways, which gave them double bonuses
- Then there was treadbreaker which I overbuffed, this is now tuned.

NOTES:

A big problem with PE is they resolve too much about being a snowball, I tried to change this with a couple of small surgical changes but it probably still won't be enough. The need for bigger fundamental changes becomes clearer. But I just don't see the point in taking up that task at this point in time.
25 Nov 2014, 15:21 PM

What COH needs is someone who actually gives a shit for the game. So if this became the official COH from now on or if you could buy the EM on Steam - then it would be for the better.

It isn't going to happen sadly.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight