Login

russian armor

C0ffeebeanz - Units that need buffs

12 Aug 2014, 06:52 AM

They forgot the 120mm mortar which need a price decrease (say 360mp)

I don't think so. 120mm mortars currently are fine. They are hard to kill because its high range enables them to stay far from the battle, and they are extremely useful against OKW trucks.

Moreover, they're in one of the most popular commanders, so reducing their price will make them more spammable.
12 Aug 2014, 06:58 AM

I agree with most suggestions, ostheer need some proper assault unit right now in the pgrens. Since this t2 unit come later into the field, they should not be a mirror of sturmpionners, but better "shock" units with some armor.

The jagdpanzer 4 is actually better than the su-85 (armor and dps wise), but it's not as spammable The teching is much more affordable though.

Finally, if there would ever be a pershing commander, nobody would ever used any other USF commanders besides the easy 8s one. And if the pershing was non-doctrinal, then it probably would render the sherman useless, depending of the pershing AI capabilities.
12 Aug 2014, 07:43 AM

Disagree with everything
12 Aug 2014, 14:55 PM

Great suggestions. Deserves a bump.
20 Aug 2014, 10:16 AM

Bumping for Relic to see :)
20 Aug 2014, 15:56 PM

Something needs to be done about Wehr T4, Elefant, FHT and PGrens... all Wehrmacht units. Wehr is the forgotten faction since WFA release.
20 Aug 2014, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

3) You don't need to close in with PGs, that's a mistake a lot of people make. PGs should be fighting at mid range, not close range. They're great when used at that distance and are still a pretty much standard unit in my build order.

5) I actually like this tank a lot still. Yes, Easy Eights are far better, but playing as Wehrmacht you have PaKs to support your PIVs. E8s are still a pain in the ass, but that's because E8s are too cheap (all call-ins for that matter), not because PIVs weak.

16) The light infantry gun is probably the best infantry based indirect fire unit in the game. Ever noticed its huge range? How is that the same thing as the Wehr mortar? Also don't forget that it's a lot safer for OKW to put that thing fairly close to the front, since you can just park it next to your medic truck.

25) Why the hell buff the JagdPanzerIV. It's by far my favorite tank destroyer, it's not at all outclassed by an SU85 and with little support (and the right map) can actually take on 2 T34-85s.

26) Is it? My IS-2s seem to miss everything when I'm using them, and I still like playing with Tigers. Haven't had a IS2 vs Tiger matchup in ages though, so not sure how they compare. But I still think its a great unit, and like most call-ins actually too strong for its cost (since it doesn't require teching).

29) The last thing US needs is a Pershing. US already has great infantry, giving them great tanks as well would be ridiculous.

30) Grenadiers are awesome against Soviets, I really don't see why they need a buff. Gren spam atm is far more viable than con spam, and its not because grens suck.

31) Never had any problem with this vehicle tbh. I've actually heard it being called the best light tank in the game, but I haven't played enough with it to confirm that.

Most other points I agree with or simply don't care about.
20 Aug 2014, 17:24 PM

I honestly think most Wehr units are okay versus the US. Not all, but most. Slight adjustments to the MG crews dieing like flies and not being able to retreat (as one man always runs up to the gun to die again) should be sufficient.

The problem lies with crippled German late-game versus Russians. Elefant is non existent like the Pak43. T-34/85s with marked target swarm the map wiping any vehicle and infantry. The Panther is a joke that can´t handle this.

Russian early game advantage to Russian late game advantage. Something is not right here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
United States 21
unknown 11
Australia 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %