Login

russian armor

something makes coh2 unplayable

9 Aug 2014, 04:09 AM

1. every game i played, in the middle of the match, the game will freeze a short period of time, then it will fast forward, this competely makes the game unplayable,Relic, every patch you created, solve some problems, but no doubt you will bring another.why always create a situation where there isn't one? before last patch, there is no such issue, why create such one situation?
2. pathing, this makes game so frustrating to play,you will a vehicle drive from point A to point B in a shortest path without a halt, but it will just suddenly stop, sometimes, it will just turn around for no reason.
3. Tank crushing infantry, the medium tank in coh2 is way too fast, make infantry vlunerable to counter, T34 or M10 or P4 just crush infantry so easily because its fast speed.
4. US lacks of sniper or early indirect fire to counter MG,can only build decent mine with M20, OKW needs sniper to counter soviet sniper, every faction should have sniper, every faction should have basic mine like the one in Vcoh to soft-counter infantry and tank.US AT and German teller mine is too expensive and too punishing, given the fact that the opponent did invest a lot of manpower and fuel to produce a tank, Vcoh mine will be much better. Demo, it should be visible when infantry close to it, otherwise your opponent will lost a lot manpower for something he can only see with minesweeper, it is fair?
9 Aug 2014, 17:12 PM

1. Never happened to me, may be your internet/settings chargin' your PC too much.
2. Agree, seems like get drunk is required to sit in driver seat.
3. The medium tanks who easy kill infantry they're not that good at AT tasks. A Sherman will get easily killed by a Panther (at least, the OKW one)
4. US have a unit (Pathfinders?) with some sniper habilities. OKW dont need snipers, but it would be great if they get a non-doctrinal MG and some improvements via ammo cost for Volks (one member of the unit with a well suited long range weapon). Mines are fine for me, they worth the cost and give the rushing tanks/infantry something to worry about. Demo should be visible, yes, but only at a range where the charge can do damage. Minesweeper should be able to spot the charge at a "safe" range.
9 Aug 2014, 18:09 PM

1. every game i played, in the middle of the match, the game will freeze a short period of time, then it will fast forward, this competely makes the game unplayable,Relic, every patch you created, solve some problems, but no doubt you will bring another.why always create a situation where there isn't one? before last patch, there is no such issue, why create such one situation?

i exactly have this issue in coh2 the game already sucks but this make it more shitty, i keep losing units due to this technology they are using in coh2, relic is the first developer of crap idea. it is the first RTS game i see where you connect to a server instead of a player and if you have %1 net issues you will lose thanks to this frozen moments and then fast forwards. the idea of Game changing item drops on another hand. for 1 year i was completely staying out of company of heroes it was such a wonderful time. no one ever complained about the net code of this game i dunno why they are doing this, the battle server is good but not for RTS game you are challenging another player 1v1 or 2v2 if something suppose to happen it should happen for both sides not one side, it is like in mortal kombat you connect to a server then your oppenet has better internet and wins you while you are trying to make a combo with 0.01 delay or so.
oh and if you ask why i play coh2 sometimes the answer is simple: i got this western front DLC for 5 euros just testing it to not make my money wasted!
9 Aug 2014, 18:33 PM
Patrion 14

No matter how they do it, someone will always complain. Battle servers more or less removed drophack entirely, and made games alot more stable overall. If you got a dodgy connection you didnt notice it yourself earlier, but other players did. Now, players with a stable connection wont have this issue anymore. In larger games, this really had a big impact since earlier if 1 lag, all others lagged as well. Now, its just the one with the poor connection that is affected. As I see it, it is working as intended.

IF you have problems. Try to avoid playing over wifi or mobile internet. The last one is really a big culprit. Also, talk to your ISP, they might have a solution for you.

Sorry for being a downer.
9 Aug 2014, 18:39 PM
Donator 11

No matter how they do it, someone will always complain. Battle servers more or less removed drophack entirely, and made games alot more stable overall. If you got a dodgy connection you didnt notice it yourself earlier, but other players did. Now, players with a stable connection wont have this issue anymore. In larger games, this really had a big impact since earlier if 1 lag, all others lagged as well. Now, its just the one with the poor connection that is affected. As I see it, it is working as intended.

IF you have problems. Try to avoid playing over wifi or mobile internet. The last one is really a big culprit. Also, talk to your ISP, they might have a solution for you.

This.
9 Aug 2014, 19:04 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The "freeze a short period of time then speed up really fast" thing happens to me, even though I have a fast Internet connection and no other game I play online does anything like that. I agree that having to get an M20 to get a good mine as USA is kind of weird.
9 Aug 2014, 19:22 PM

No there is still drop hacking after battle servers I still see it happening. My connection isn't that bad, and I put all the settings low even though before battle servers and when WFA just came out I was able to play with good settings but now [the freezing and fast forwarding thing] seems like it's getting worse over time.
9 Aug 2014, 19:48 PM

No there is still drop hacking after battle servers I still see it happening. My connection isn't that bad, and I put all the settings low even though before battle servers and when WFA just came out I was able to play with good settings but now it seems like it's getting worse over time.

thank you!
they think we mean before the battle server the game was froze for ages, my game freezes for 1 second but that is 1 in 10000 games but when this happens i lose all my units and i can see the kill cam in x8 fastforward
9 Aug 2014, 22:06 PM
Patrion 14

No there is still drop hacking after battle servers I still see it happening. My connection isn't that bad, and I put all the settings low even though before battle servers and when WFA just came out I was able to play with good settings but now it seems like it's getting worse over time.

can you prove the drop hacking? or is it just good ol' sync error exploit?

10 Aug 2014, 06:34 AM

Playing against players with russian names... completely beat them down ... got a sync error and a loss ... met them again in automatch ... immediate sync error.

I also knew someone that is their friend that knows they use map hacks and such, which gives another indication.

However, what I mean by getting worse I mean the freeze and fastforward problem that's getting worse.
10 Aug 2014, 06:44 AM

However, what I mean by getting worse I mean the freeze and fastforward problem that's getting worse.

Yeah, I can understand when it's an internet connection issue, but when it's a game-related issues while your specs were up for the task before without experiencing the 10-30 second freeze(5-10 seconds occur more often[especially during bigger engagements or when things happen quickly on the screen, can also happen randomly as well], while 30 second freezes occur rarely but when they do happen you either lose or you get lucky and the game catches up to a whole 30 seconds of missed play(which hurts I might add).
10 Aug 2014, 07:41 AM

Yes I tried playing over wifi for a while which was awful. Playing on ethernet now and barely any lag problems compared to just about every game before.
10 Aug 2014, 10:28 AM
Donator 11

Now, its just the one with the poor connection that is affected. As I see it, it is working as intended.

i rather think, that it is game related. i have DSL100'000, so the fastest you can get here in Germany, and usually a 10 to 25ms ping, which is really low aswell. Plus its superstable, because its university internet. and even i experienced that problem. thats why i think, its game related
10 Aug 2014, 11:59 AM

Their servers are on one of the most stable sources, too.

I think the "my internet is good, must be them" is a bit too extreme. There are a ton of things that can fail. Your router / modem could be overwhelmed with connections, that was one problem I had. My roomie has a ton of mobile devices and I get a minor lagspike whenever he gets home. It's possible that your router / modem just had a problem itself and went through an automated reset cycle (that happens rather often to be honest, most gear that should run 24/7 has triggers that can reset their chips to prevent damage due to i.e. residual voltage to prevent a full crash). Besides that it's always possible that the fault is at neither end, is your connection is jumping over a ton of routers to reach Relics servers. If the routing changes or part of a route goes dark it could lead to minor delays as well.

I know that a lot of these have a minor effect, but it should simply be to show that there are a lot more factors than "me" and "they". I have to say that something in WFA made the game more laggy for me as well and I even disconnected several times until the recent time-out increase. Might be coincidental though, as my ISPs modem in the cellar seems to be slowly dying (signal strength in the cable drops) and they disallow me to tinker with it and also do not want to send a technician until it's completely broken. Me no like :[
10 Aug 2014, 12:28 PM
Donator 11

yes, of course, other things can fail too. but i play other onlinegames aswell and the only time, where this happened in other games was in LOL on EUW-west server, which was very unstable at that time, thats why im pretty sure it wasnt me.

and you have a good point with "it might be in the middle", but with so many people from different countries, even continents, experiencing it, chances are high, that it isnt a problem in the middle.

good luck with your modem though!
10 Aug 2014, 12:34 PM

I have had this problem since WFA dropped, seemingly no issues before but now upon start up I will get some pretty noticeable lag for the first 30 seconds (which will happen every game without fail). Then as the game will go on I will get this exact "stop and catch up" lag, it seems to happen at the worst of times too.
10 Aug 2014, 17:01 PM
Patrion 14

Please do not dismiss this as an internet connection problem. You are doing a great disservice to people by claiming that.

I have a fantastic and reliable internet connection and a solid rig. I also frequently play other multiplayer games and I never have 30 second lags in them. Since WFA came out, there have been several incidents of "game freezes, then 30 seconds later it catches up". When I open the ingame console I see a lot of messages about "host migration attempted, but peer something something" scrolling by, which is the most damning evidence against this being a client issue.

When this starts I purposelly alt-tabbed out of the game a few times and went to google and a few other sites to verify my connection works. It always opened the websites without any problems WHILE the glitch was happening ingame.

I restart my router once a day (for silly reasons - it works perfectly fine).

I have confirmed via chat or teamspeak that I am not the only one - it happens simultaneously to everybody in the match, as far as I was able to ascertain. So it's not just a one player thing because battle servers would isolate it to this player.

Also, my internet connection hasn't changed since WFA. If it is battle servers related and I am only now noticing it, why didn't it happen before WFA and after battle servers were introduced?

I know it is not a specs issue on my part because I can freely scroll around the "paused" map smoothly at maximum fps. So the render loop is functioning great. I routinely play 4v4s on medium specs with no drops in framerate. Nothing performance-related can cause the processor or gfx card to hold for 30 seconds.

It cannot be an internet connection lag issue because chat messages (and teamspeak, if it is on) are sent normally (you can chat with people while the freeze happens).

Maybe, MAYBE it is some weird port problem but then, since it's limited to CoH and everything else works flawlessly (steam and non-steam games alike) then maybe Relic needs to find a way around this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★