PAGES (7)down
31 Jul 2013, 23:04 PM

where am i going to site my sources for my balance arguments now? :/
1 Aug 2013, 08:34 AM

where am i going to site my sources for my balance arguments now? :/

Exactly!!!! :clap:
1 Aug 2013, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 22:40 PMcr4wler
well, tbh, if you just wanna have a quick glance at the stats themselves (or at least the ones that i grab), i could have released the program 3 months ago :-P

if there is some demand for it, i can put this "test" version online. it has about a million bugs though and only grabs stuff that i deemed valuable (still more than was on coh2stats). and i'd actually have to test it with the current version (just tested whether it worked right after release, haven't really done any work on it since then).

Give that man a medal.B-)
5 Aug 2013, 16:45 PM

If anyone is interested - I've made an webapp for displaying some CoH2 stats. Only weapons so far, since I'm too lazy to complete anything else just yet. More things will come later on.
Not sure if all relevant stats are displayed, but pretty sure a huge chunk is (along with a lot of "useless" stats).
Also, the DPS values might be completely wrong - I've tried to fiddle around with the less obvious values (like aim time) to get results as close to reference values quoted by pqumsieh on the official forums (3.8 near dps for Gren Kar98k, 2.54 near dps for Conscript M-N rifle).
The styling/stat presentation could use some work too I guess, but just like more things to be displayed, that will come with time.

So anyway, here's the link: http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/
5 Aug 2013, 16:53 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Wow nice! Keep us posted when you make updates please.
6 Aug 2013, 12:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

@crawler
you really don't like darthblade do ya. (every chance you get you rub that in his face.)
6 Aug 2013, 14:11 PM

This is some good work. I started on something, (and haven't got very far) but there's no point in repeating work.

Cr4wler also has some code that works.

If you need any help, sing out.

Also, when you have something that you're happy with, let one of us writers know and we'll slap something up on the ol' portal for maximum exposure. It will be stratospheric.
6 Aug 2013, 14:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This is some good work. I started on something, (and haven't got very far) but there's no point in repeating work.

Cr4wler also has some code that works.

If you need any help, sing out.

Also, when you have something that you're happy with, let one of us writers know and we'll slap something up on the ol' portal for maximum exposure.

should help cr4wler to finish this instead of making your own.
6 Aug 2013, 14:17 PM

Not very useful comment from me here, but would require me to pick up a new language, as he(cr4wler) is using c#.
6 Aug 2013, 14:20 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 12:55 PMWiFiDi
you really don't like darthblade do ya. (every chance you get you rub that in his face.)

Was that to me? What are you talking about??
6 Aug 2013, 14:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No offense, but as long as Cr4wler didnt present us with any results on a webpage i think it is just fine if anyone who is capable of doing it just does it himself.
There's a difference between theory and experiment. Its easy to say something is not hard to do, but you still have to do it.
6 Aug 2013, 14:58 PM

No offense, but as long as Cr4wler didnt present us with any results on a webpage i think it is just fine if anyone who is capable of doing it just does it himself.
There's a difference between theory and experiment. Its easy to say something is not hard to do, but you still have to do it.

exactly this...

also, i am willing to give my code to anyone who is capable (and willing) to expand on it (or i could just upload it to github or whatever). i have actually uploaded a preliminary version to this site, but since it has 0 documentation on how to use it, it would not be of much help to anyone without asking me how to use it ;-)
6 Aug 2013, 15:24 PM

1. Do a functional app that grabs all the basic statistics
2. Put nice, simple explanations of those statistics for newcomers.
3. Upload statistics to a webpage (CoH2.org?)
4. Poke Relic so they put it on their site, too, or at least link to it.
5. ?????
6. Profit.

Seriously though, one of the biggest downers for CoH has been the fact that newcomers simply don't understand why their units aren't being as effective as they think they are. "Why is my Stuka Strafing Run not killing enemies", "Why are my PanzerGrenadiers losing to Shock Troopers".

The answer is that CoH has nuances that are not readily apparent for the player, and a stats page, especially one that compares your unit to an enemy unit's (shrek range against T70 range, for instance), would help enormously to improve a lot of player's understanding of the game.

So Code away, my friends. It is for a noble cause...
6 Aug 2013, 15:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Was that to me? What are you talking about??

no it wasn't it was the cr4wler. my quote thing didn't work. but i think i reread a post on accident cause i can't find the post unless it was changed.
6 Aug 2013, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 15:31 PMWiFiDi

no it wasn't it was the cr4wler. my quote thing didn't work.

if it was perceived as such, i have to apologize profoundly, as it never was my intention of doing that...

darkblade and i even communicated through the early stages of our development process (but realised we had pretty different goals and didn't know the programming language the other person was using).

all that i was criticising about coh2stats was that quite a few values were missing (he intentionally left them out; so do i in my program btw), some of which are important. also some of the values were "misnamed" (as in had other names than in the game or were ambiguous).

he did some great work and got rewarded at the end.

edit: btw, i love how you called me "the cr4wler" ;-)
6 Aug 2013, 18:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

haha i did. :D

also finish that thing doo it. :D
6 Aug 2013, 21:05 PM

if you REALLY want to, i can give you my preliminary stat tool... i prolly won't get any significant work done on it in at least a week or two, so an alpha will not come any time soon.
22 Aug 2013, 08:44 AM

@TensaiOni, will you perhaps update your site to reflect the new patch? And will it be extended to also show unit stats?

@Cr4wler, how is your site progressing? ^^
23 Aug 2013, 06:59 AM

CoH2 Stats is now online, find it here:

http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/

This link is no working. The requested URL /CoH2Stats/ was not found on this server.
23 Aug 2013, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 06:59 AMSixshot

This link is no working. The requested URL /CoH2Stats/ was not found on this server.

Yip, read the rest of the thread.

That site was taken down, but new ones are in progress and there is one here http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS