Login

russian armor

Balance issues currently facing the game

9 Aug 2014, 03:08 AM

Permanently Banned

Luchs is the counter to soviet snipers. Like it or not, that or the Flak HT. Or flanking but hey.

Just because Barton is a lower rank than Hans or Jesulin doesn't mean anything. Barton is a great player. "He uses cheese strategy" He uses a winning strategy. He knows the OKW weaknesses and exploits them. It's hard to counter because it's an effective strat. Guards hold off the armor while snipers keep up a MP bleed.

Ostheer have plenty of options to deal with guards and shocks. Sov vs Ost is pretty balanced, it's factions like Ost vs USF that need to be looked at.

Soviet factions has nothing that has to be nerfed.

Flank HT? Seriously common.
9 Aug 2014, 06:52 AM

You should try playing allies. It's pretty hard, actually. I hate the soviets with a passion. Nearly all of their infantry need to get pretty close to dish out damage, which is really not easy.

The US late game is a micro hell of trying to keep Jacksons alive.
9 Aug 2014, 09:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Troll post invised. Please keep it clean guys. :)
9 Aug 2014, 09:53 AM

Mate, if jesulin and Helping hans are struggling with soviet player 10 ranks lower. Then something is wrong. ATM balance is horribly scewed in favour of allies. Sovs due to diverse cheese tactics and units, and US in early game brute strength.

The % you mention is simply due to bordem with the faction. Sovs and Americans are very very boring to play and easy to use and have OP units. Its not a challenge, psychologically people would like to overcome difficulty so hence you are seeing more axis players.

10 ranks doesn't mean that much. When you're in the top 200, ranks fluctuate pretty quickly.

You can't just give your opinion on why people play Axis ("Allies are boring") and expect that claim to carry weight with the rest of everyone else. I happen to find Allies a lot more diverse than Axis, so I don't know man. I too like to overcome challenge, but let's be real here. How many video games have you played where if a weapon, faction, or whatever is deemed overpowered by the community, people don't overwhelmingly flock to it? The people who do that far outweigh people who refuse to use the "OP flavor of the month" in my experience. I'm not trying to flame you or anything, but I think that claim is just absurd.

And don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying that the game's balance is horrendous, though it isn't perfect. 1v1 I think is mostly fine (though Ost vs US definitely favors US early game). What I am saying is that anything 2v2+ exponentially starts favoring Axis, mostly because of OKW for reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread. Ostheer if anything could use buffs on some units (Brummbar, Panzergrenadiers), and they aren't as big a threat now that Panthers aren't invincible death machines like they used to be.

You should try playing allies. It's pretty hard, actually. I hate the soviets with a passion. Nearly all of their infantry need to get pretty close to dish out damage, which is really not easy.

The US late game is a micro hell of trying to keep Jacksons alive.

This is exactly why my 2v2 partner and I have a lot tougher time with Oberkommando than Ostheer. Conscripts (and penal battalions) without a ton of maxim support are just not able to hold their own against Sturmpioneers and Fallschirmjager that are bumrushing you, at least not cost effectively. The thing is that conscripts are balanced vs grenadiers in that grens excel at long range and cons at short, but cons' short range is nothing compared to the aforementioned OKW units. This necessitates the overreliance on shock troops and maxim spam. And once Obersoldaten come out, your shock troops get shredded from a distance when the blob comes a-chargin', hence the maxim being so relied upon.

I'm not complaining about that fact so much as I am seemingly every Axis player wanting to nerf maxims into the ground for it when they don't realize it's the only thing keeping Soviets from getting steamrolled by blobs. I'm going to be livid if Relic nerfs Soviet weapon teams to 4 men (like they said they want to) and then doing absolutely nothing to compensate for it.
9 Aug 2014, 10:17 AM

Reading this thread and the posts in it, I have 4 observations to make:

1) Play more factions. Try them. Its alright to have a favorite, but play another one every 4th game or so. The stats are logged separately, so you dont "lose" anything even though younlose with a facrion you are less experienced with. Its somewhat disturbing to see posters with an almost 100% faction preference on their card (or their opinion). Try the others from time to time. Its pretty important actually, for perspective. You will be surprised at the results, and better informed.

2) We dont know overall faction preference. Relic hasnt released them, and Steam seemingly doesnt provide a metric for good comparison. The matchmaking % is not a valid indicator, for many many reasons. I understand why people think that, but just think about it objectively, and realise it really isnt.

3) The game is very different between 1v1 <---> 4v4. There are a lot of misunderstandings here between people who are inadvertently talking about different game modes with another poster. It would help a lot if people specifically mention what game mode they are referring to, because really, there is a huge difference, and otherwise you just get aggravated, understandly, by someone elses view, not because he is "wrong", but because it is a different game mode he is talking about.

4) A generalised thread like this is too much for us to handle, collectively. So many benign and unintentional misunderstandings between us because the topic is so broad. I recommend to try and keep it as specific as you can. Helps others understand what you mean, and leads to less misunderstandings that take many many posts to straighten out, if ever.
9 Aug 2014, 15:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

---

1-3-4 AMEN.

N°2: while i think the difference in the number of people playing with either faction is not as big, it has been "known" for a long time that searching for allies (teamgames, and from the little experience i´ve on 3v3+ it´s exponential with the number of players) takes more time.

I mean, it´s not like this is an isolated case of 1 or 2 days. It´s been like this since release, most of the time. Whenever we see a little fluctuation on the % near 50%, thats the magic moment to switch to axis :lol:

@Kothre top50 players don´t fluctuate as much as those wondering on the top200. I would even say that it seems easier now to get to top100 rather than a few months after release. I would also say that by sheer amount of games played, you can also rank high.
Anyway rank =/= skill.
9 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

elchino7: No.
#2 is also true.
9 Aug 2014, 18:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

elchino7: No.
#2 is also true.

Why? Because i say so. Right.

Meanwhile the people who plays are seeing another reality then. I will say this again, it takes me more time to play axis than allies on 2v2 while i´m also seeing constant 60-70% axis looking for a game. I´m NOT SAYING there is a drastic difference of players playing 1 faction over the other.

I don´t know why are you trying to block the sun with a hand. I bet you if we make a poll of which faction takes more time to find a game or which faction has a constant higher % we will know the answer beforehand.
9 Aug 2014, 18:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Easy please, guys. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak