Login

russian armor

OKW sniper counter

6 Aug 2014, 02:04 AM

In this case, artillerie would counter this as said earlier.

artillery? you mean infantry support gun? that was already my original suggestion. i sure hope you dont mean actual artillery

Flanking sturm pios.

sturm pios are forced to retreat instantly since 2 snipers take them down to half a squad after the first shot. the flank wont be successful and youll have some expensive reinforcing to do if youre even able to get away.

blobs of volks (but keep them spreaded a bit to avoid grenades) if you like the frontal single unit assault.

like i said before, blobbing will help you force the snipers back, but completely contradicts the whole idea of out capping your opponent.

Keeping the guards busy with an armored unit they can button while you move up. This one is very theorical.

probably my favorite suggestion. "keep the guards busy" aka sacrifice a vehicle

Capping the rest of the map and dodging the blob to force it to spread and then pick it out one by one (this is an expensive, slow and low model count blob) divide and conquer!

they are the exact same speed as your units. the difference is you will be losing mp and running from them every time you see them. you cant run forever.

Ubersoldaten LMG wreck the sniper in a second.

not even going to bother with this one again

as enjoyable as this is, and after having seen your playercard, im going to have to call this. i think the fact your suggestions include the most expensive late game infantry, sacrificing light vehicles into guards and flanking with sturm pios speaks for itself
6 Aug 2014, 02:18 AM

honestly theres no GOOD non-doctrinal sniper counter. JLI and fallschirmjager get the job done, but then again its map dependent. if your opponent is paying attention and their army is nearby, more often than not theyll die without killing a single model.

the luchs is a decent counter to the sniper, however guards counter the luchs very well. you can try to force an engagement so the enemy guards are occupied while simultaneously doing a flank with the luchs to get the snipers.

stuka can also be considered a counter since its fairly accurate however the soviet player can just insta retreat as soon as he hears the sound and you wont hit them.
6 Aug 2014, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 02:04 AMwooof

sturm pios are forced to retreat instantly since 2 snipers take them down to half a squad after the first shot. the flank wont be successful and youll have some expensive reinforcing to do if youre even able to get away.

Well dang, you rewrote the rules again, no terrain, no front line units to keep em busy. You are driving a tough deal. Well i give up, if i have no front line units and just a sturm pio to charge over 800MP in the open i will obviously die.

like i said before, blobbing will help you force the snipers back, but completely contradicts the whole idea of out capping your opponent.

It's one strategie, not all of them. Pick one your prefer.

probably my favorite suggestion. "keep the guards busy" aka sacrifice a vehicle

Another rule change? I can't back off before it dies or smoke.

they are the exact same speed as your units. the difference is you will be losing mp and running from them every time you see them. you cant run forever.

Not really, the snipers are rather squishy, meaning you'll be more carefull. Sure you can run fast with them but it's way more dangerous. He can't run for ever either, his one blob can't cap as well as you and he is bound to make a mistake at some point or maybe split up. Strike then.

as enjoyable as this is, and after having seen your playercard, im going to have to call this. i think the fact your suggestions include the most expensive late game infantry, sacrificing light vehicles into guards and flanking with sturm pios speaks for itself

Ouch ouch another personal attack filled with patronizing.

You probably played long enough to know better than me that you can use more than one strategie, have to adapt and loosing units to such an expensive specialized blob of elite units is entierly normal.
6 Aug 2014, 02:33 AM

honestly theres no GOOD non-doctrinal sniper counter. JLI and fallschirmjager get the job done, but then again its map dependent. if your opponent is paying attention and their army is nearby, more often than not theyll die without killing a single model.

the luchs is a decent counter to the sniper, however guards counter the luchs very well. you can try to force an engagement so the enemy guards are occupied while simultaneously doing a flank with the luchs to get the snipers.

stuka can also be considered a counter since its fairly accurate however the soviet player can just insta retreat as soon as he hears the sound and you wont hit them.

I didn't think about that one specificaly but that goes into artillerie. If he retreats just from you firing. That's great, over 800MP just retreated and you lost no one. It's time to push.
6 Aug 2014, 04:52 AM

Part time commie is obviously a sniper spammer and wants nothing changed. Either that or he has never faced a decent sniper/guard player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★