Login

russian armor

Can't launch beta from Steam

3 Apr 2013, 00:25 AM

Every time I try to launch the beta, I immediately get the error "RelicCoH2 8382_2013_Mar_20_15-18-44 has stopped working"

I have tried restarting steam and my computer, as well as launching from the directory. If anyone else is having this problem, or has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks
3 Apr 2013, 10:43 AM

This is what I get when I go to launch the beta. kinda seems like the same problem.

I've re-installed and restarted multiple times. I am not sure the beta even installed. I think this is an error from trying to install the game.

first error I get

error i get after a few seconds

any ideas
3 Apr 2013, 13:49 PM

I have the exact same problem as Pgriff. The first time i tried to load, i received this error. After an hour or so of going back to COH1, i tried again and got a similar error, but with changes to the numbers following the "RelicCoh2" (seems to be date related?)

Thanks for anyone who might be able to help.

3 Apr 2013, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2013, 10:43 AMSOAPY

first error I get

error i get after a few seconds

any ideas

My error seems to be related. When I launch from the directory rather than the steam library, I get an error box titled "RelicCoH2.exe-Entry Point Not Found"

The error says "The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll. I don't know what these .dll files are, but it seems to be the source of the problem.

After I hit ok, It goes to the original error message, the same one that pokey is talking about. And yes, the numbers have changed as a result of the update.

If anyone would be willing to cross-post this to the official beta forums where this is more traffic, it would be much appreciated. I would post there, but I can't get in game to get the password, so it seems like me and the others in this thread are kind of stuck until this gets resolved. Thanks
3 Apr 2013, 22:39 PM

I guess you are all running Windows XP... which is not supported ;)
3 Apr 2013, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2013, 22:39 PMQvazar

I'm on Vista actually...dunno
3 Apr 2013, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2013, 22:39 PMQvazar

im on 64 bit 7 bro.

the patch didn't fix the problem. Wheres the relic help forums.

3 Apr 2013, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2013, 22:58 PMSOAPY

im on 64 bit 7 bro.

the patch didn't fix the problem. Glad i spend $60 for nothing. Wheres the relic help forums.

Ya 64 bit vista for me here...I feel like we would get more traction with this on the sega forums, but since we can't get into the game, we can't get a password. Frustrating. I pm'd Noun on these forums yesterday but haven't gotten a response.
3 Apr 2013, 23:49 PM

So I did this

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8676-EFLX-7453&l=english

and verified the integrity of the beta it downloaded a new file that said had a problem.

restarted it didn't work.

i tried a "Clean boot" which is basically going into ms config and turning everything that isn't hidden by the Microsoft button. makes your computer boot with nothing running.

anyways that worked. some program seemed to be blocking coh2's access to the internet

good lucks guys
4 Apr 2013, 08:12 AM

Verify integrity usually works. Other than that I guess it is reinstall.

It's a beta tho so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some very specific and odd issues with it. :/
4 Apr 2013, 13:52 PM

I get this error on my Win7 32bit computer which I use mainly for work. Game works fine on my gaming comp Win7 64bit.

I suspect it has something to do with firewall and admin privs. as I got the computer shop to set that one up as I couldn't be arsed.
4 Apr 2013, 14:32 PM

Just fixed my error (though I think it maybe different to the one you guys have) by disabling windows firewall, ensuring steam was running as administrator, making sure it had full read and write privs. and making sure steam wasn't downloading any other games.
7 Apr 2013, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2013, 00:25 AMPGriff
Every time I try to launch the beta, I immediately get the error "RelicCoH2 8382_2013_Mar_20_15-18-44 has stopped working"

I have tried restarting steam and my computer, as well as launching from the directory. If anyone else is having this problem, or has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Was a fix ever found for this? In addition, when i open the Beta section under the game's properties, it says "None - Opt out of all beta programs". Could this be the issue?

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS