Login

russian armor

Assault Engineers and Vehicle Crews are Useless

4 Aug 2014, 09:19 AM

The difference between AEs and sturmpios is their effective range. Sturmpios deal far more damage at mid range. AEs deal next to no damage until you are nearly point blank.

Yeah I've been playing a lot with AE's since this thread started and so far they seem a bit random. If one can close the gap then they perform well, but many times they get cut down closing the distance. Maybe they could use a slight durability buff such as modified accuracy received modifier or something.
4 Aug 2014, 14:08 PM

I can't really commenton Assault Engis since I haven't used them much, but..

I think we can all agree that Vehicle Crews are great for massively reducing the downtime of damage USF vehicles. But spending 90 munitions on upgrading them with Thompsons? Oh dear god, no.
Saving the crew of a destroyed tank might be worth it if the veterancy for that vehicle carried over to any other vehicle (or even vehicle of the same type) you put them, in but alas...

So yeah, I'd like to see the Thompson upgrade removed and replaced with something useful that is similarly in the spirit of an Armored commander- maybe an upgrade for vehicles/tanks similar to the Panzer Tactician smoke launcher (But not actual smoke- the Sherman and M8A1 get that already).
4 Aug 2014, 16:37 PM

Saving the crew of a destroyed tank might be worth it if the veterancy for that vehicle carried over to any other vehicle (or even vehicle of the same type) you put them, in but alas...

but alas what? thats how it already works. vehicle crews transfer experience to any vehicle they get in.
Hux
4 Aug 2014, 17:07 PM
Patrion 14

Love assault engineers.

That Crew thompson ability is baffling to me. I don't think I've been able to use them (nor even been compelled to even try) in a game.

Should be replaced by the ability for infantry units to ride on tanks, with an accuracy penalty to prevent kangaroo syndrome and a chance for models to be killed if the tank is hit by AT fire or runs over a mine. this would really fit more into the mobile/utility aspect of that commander.
4 Aug 2014, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 17:07 PMHux

Should be replaced by the ability for infantry units to ride on tanks, with an accuracy penalty to prevent kangaroo syndrome and a chance for models to be killed if the tank is hit by AT fire or runs over a mine. this would really fit more into the mobile/utility aspect of that commander.

Now, THAT is an AWESOME idea! :)
Relic, please make this happen!
4 Aug 2014, 19:28 PM

WFA trailer showed USF tank riders.

But Soviets should be able to do that nondoctrinally...
5 Aug 2014, 04:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 17:07 PMHux
Love assault engineers.

That Crew thompson ability is baffling to me. I don't think I've been able to use them (nor even been compelled to even try) in a game.

I definitely agree with all your statements. I don't like Ass. Grens, but at least some find uses for them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 23
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment