Login

russian armor

Suggestion: War Spoils Fix

3 Aug 2014, 00:01 AM

I could be wrong, but I feel like there are two main problems that crop up regarding war spoils. The first being that some players were shouting out how the game was becoming a pay2win model. I never thought that was the case and was more than happy to put a couple dollars down for content that was made post release. However, I can understand the stigma created.

My first thought when War Spoils was introduced was that this was an effort to remedy that complaint and probably an introductory phase for whatever may be planed for DoW3. Obviously the latter is speculation.

The problem is if you don't play religiously you have no hope of gaining what commander you want or what skins you want, or bulletins or some such. You're cast into a lottery that is incredibly frustrating. Instead of opening the box for what should be a joyous surprise, it is almost ALWAYS a disappointment -- this is not a good system.

Solution -

What I would consider a very practical fix would be to allow both commanders and skins to be purchasable, this allows players who aren't able to play as often as others a means to acquire these items as prior to WFA, and for bulletins, faceplates, victory strikes, commanders, and skins all to be purchasable by points that you accrue through gameplay.

This kills the dreaded lottery system as well as provides an actual concrete road of progression. A player will feel much more inspired to earn points if he knows he can spend them on what he WANTS. Obviously commanders would cost more war spoil points than a bulletin, but there's no waste. You have an actual route to earn what you want.
4 Aug 2014, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2014, 00:01 AMBled
Solution -

What I would consider a very practical fix would be to allow both commanders and skins to be purchasable, this allows players who aren't able to play as often as others a means to acquire these items as prior to WFA, and for bulletins, faceplates, victory strikes, commanders, and skins all to be purchasable by points that you accrue through gameplay.

This kills the dreaded lottery system as well as provides an actual concrete road of progression. A player will feel much more inspired to earn points if he knows he can spend them on what he WANTS. Obviously commanders would cost more war spoil points than a bulletin, but there's no waste. You have an actual route to earn what you want.

+1. A most excellent suggestion
4 Aug 2014, 10:22 AM
Patrion 14

You mean a points system like they have for Killer Instinct? Don't make sensible suggestions. We clearly want to suffer with a lottery and store purchases.

EDIT: To clarify, I think this is a good idea.
4 Aug 2014, 11:29 AM

Agreed. I'd be glad to buy fun new content.

Relic... Y u no take my money? :(
4 Aug 2014, 18:34 PM

I think the War Spoils system could be a good idea, but the randomness is just frustrating and I don't believe Relic was creating the system with the mission statement "to chronically frustrate your player base by means of periodic gifts."

I myself would feel a greater sense of progression with each game if I was attempting to gather enough War Spoil points to purchase the bulletin I want, or purchase the skins I want to get.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment